Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Gene Winfield - His Life and Times.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiftyv8, Nov 8, 2018.

1. ramblin dan

ramblin dan

Faith%20and%20the%20Deuce%20of%20Spades%2011.jpg
    You mean this one?

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  2. Stogy, ramblin dan and flamingokid like this.
  3. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

I had the honor of hosting Gene at my house for four days in 2010 and again in 2011 when he put on his workshop in our shop at the college. The first was his general metalworking class. He included demoing his famous fade painting on four panels. The second year the class chopped a ‘51 Merc. Both were fantastic.

Most enjoyable was sitting around my house and shop talking cars. He can go on and on with story after story of his life and times. I just soaked it all up. Great times and a lengendary man.

DB7158D1-FC83-4752-9376-690D24933501.jpeg D5B71EEB-4180-4CC0-A064-5BD8B2526A7A.jpeg

4. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

I see Gene was over in AZ recently.
    Still walking with sticks but looking a picture of health.
    Any other reports on how he is getting on???

Stogy likes this.
  5. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Gene looked very well yesterday at GNRS.

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  6. boring-hop-yard

boring-hop-yard

Saw Gene on a motorized scooter last week at Barrett Jackson, made sure to give him the thumbs up, he smiled and gave me a wave.

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  7. Amazing, the guy takes a bad fall while in Europe, has hip surgery and is now at the GNRS, on a power scooter yet, I ask you, how does that guy do it?!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

deucemac, fiftyv8 and Stogy like this.
  8. Gene keeps moving forward at an amazing pace almost always with a girl on his arm, we all should sign up for that. Lets move and groove like Gene. JW

deucemac and chryslerfan55 like this.
  9. Several years ago I was at a show in Worcester, Mass with my son ( dual quad 55 here on the HAMB ) and my daughter-in-law. Gene was there with his display, and my son and daughter-in-law were BS ing with Gene. At one point he said to them, watch the store, and the money, and walked away. Later when Gene came back, my son told me what Gene did. I walked over to Gene, and made mention of what Gene did. He said that my son and daughter-in-law were good trustworthy people. It made me feel very proud of them that he trusted them with all of his wares, and money.

10. If that ain’t a class act I don’t know what is.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

fiftyv8 likes this.
  11. 396/425

396/425

His style for the most part isn’t my cup of tea...but his talent and contribution to hot rodding is beyond reproach. He’s definately on the Hot Rod Mount Rushmore.

chryslerfan55 and fiftyv8 like this.