Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Gene (Moonlighter) Cromer's A/G Willys Resurrection

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Quain Stott, Aug 31, 2012.

1. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

Gene didn't have any pictures of the deck lid, so it is going to br left blank for now.

2. OldColt

OldColt

The people that remember that deck lid best are probably the ones that had to race Gene ... Lol
    --- Steve ---

3. We were talking about the old days today when Butch Pruitt came by Genes shop to check on the progress shop,,I ask Butch how many times Gene had put his Anglia (The Cotton Picker) on the trailer,,he replied "Plenty of times"

I turned to Gene and said,"Butch should know what the back of your car looked like,,he saw it enough!",,,Big laugh!:D HRP

By the way,,David showed up with the T-shirts this afternoon. HRP

4. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

The rear fenders are on.
    [​IMG][/URL][/img]

5. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

Gene figuring out drive shaft length.
    [​IMG][/URL][/img]

6. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

Here's the front end with the painted headlights. The headlight decals have been ordered and will be used. The grill was made from the grill that was in Gene's 58 ranchero.
    [​IMG][/URL][/img]

7. DGreggsr

DGreggsr
    from SC

The shirts have arrived!! Here is HotRodprimer modelling for us at Gene Cromers

[​IMG]

8. DGreggsr

DGreggsr
    from SC

Here is the artwork on the back of the shirt. HRP makes a great model!

[​IMG]

9. DGreggsr

DGreggsr
    from SC

OK, If you are from somewhere not local to Anderson and you wish to order Tshirts we will be accepting payments through Paypal.

We will have Adult sizes Small through 5X and childrens sizes small through large.

Adult sizes 2X and larger are $2 additional

Shipping will be through the USPS Priority mail and is $5.80 per shirt (This is exactly what the shipping cost is)

To purchase these shirts, sign onto your Paypal acct.

Your payments will be sent to [email protected]

Select the sizes and quantities of shirts and total the amount based on the guide above.

In the message section of the Paypal payment page provide the following information.

Full Name
    Shipping address
    # of shirts and sizes
    Total payment amount
    Contact email and phone number

One shirt smaller than a 2X would be $25.80
    Two shirts smaller than a 2X would be $41.60
    One shirt larger than a XL would be $27.80
    Two shirts larger than a XL would be $45.60

And so on.

If you have any questions, send an email to [email protected] and we will give you a total before you order.

10. DGreggsr

DGreggsr
    from SC

Gene now has a limited number or these shirts for sale locally. We have more on order and there is a good variety of sizes at the moment. Please don'r wait to get yours

All of the shirts that were ordered over the internet will be shipped tomorrow and again thanks for all of your support.

We plan to bring shirts to the Return on the 25th of May at Greer Dragway. They will be available there if you would like one.

11. Stuwillys

Stuwillys

The car looks great, can't wait to get my shirt.

12. OldColt

OldColt

Shirts look great Gregg. My old gal is a 1971 Non Hamb friendly car. If she were restored and this close to hitting the strip again, I'd be sneaking moments in the drivers seat holding the shifter and wheel, eye on the tach, day dreaming about the thrill again. Suspect Gene might have done the same. --- Steve --

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  13. DGreggsr

DGreggsr
    from SC

Gene has been too busy under the Moonlighter to sit anywhere. I think tomorrow will be the day when he again sits behind the wheel. (we have to check the location of his head rest)

Dennis Glenn and son John Michael have been working hard to get the last touches completed for the interior. Believe me pictures do not show the quality of workmanship they have performed on this car in such a short time. I am in awe.

14. AHotRod

AHotRod

So the interior is coming tomorrow :) ?

15. DGreggsr

DGreggsr
    from SC

Interior is mostly completed. just a few details to finish up.
    Will try and get some interior photos tomorrow.

16. The seats are not in the car and are being upholstered as we speak,the shifter and steering wheel have yet to be installed nor has the tach,,but we did measure for the tach cable yesterday afternoon.

Melvin was running the starter cable and starter solenoid and Dave was fabricating the extended arm for the kill switch.

HRP

17. Looking somewhat like a French Model,,'bonjour'!:D HRP

18. I seen this car in its earlier stages and your right. These pictures are good but they don't show the pride in the workmanship like looking at it first hand. The lucky ones next week will be glad they made the trip. The lettering looks great. I hope they post a video of it coming to life.
    DGreggsr can't wait to get my shirt ....THANKS

19. I ordered my shirt a week or so ago. Can't wait to get it!!

20. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

Dang, y'all couldn't find a better model? 'Bonjour' indeed........LOL

21. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

looking great---cant wait for my shirts

22. They ask for you Frank but you were MIA!

Had you been around there would have been two old war horses,,,I mean studs modeling the latest fashion from Genes Speed Shop.

The shirt must work wonders I had both young and old women hitting on me yesterday,,I had to beat them off with my cane!:D HRP

Last edited: May 17, 2013
    Mtn Goat likes this.
  23. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

Mounting the Moon tank and original ford aluminum radiator from the early 70's.
    [​IMG][/URL][/img]

24. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

Electric water pump is in place.
    [​IMG][/URL][/img]

25. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

Starter and solenoid mounted.
    [​IMG][/URL][/img]

26. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor
    from Iva, SC

Battery and kill switch installed.
    [​IMG][/URL][/img]

27. OldColt

OldColt

Wow! This is simply the best documented race car build I have ever seen. The fact it is a '41 Willys Coupe (coolest old drag cars ever ... imho), makes it that much better. Looks like the stuff to get that big 427 fired up is almost all in place. Can't wait till Gene hits the ignition switch and makes it rumble! Anybody going to get a video of that? ...... hint hint. --- Steve --

28. chevydeucewagon

chevydeucewagon

Quain will be back first of the week and we plan on videoing the start up.

29. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

A little side note for the ones that hasn't follow the thread from the start. Gassers didn't have master shut off switches back in the day mounted outside the body so I mounted the kill switch in the trunk area out of sight with a small rod out that will be under the bumper. Just some of the effort we went to so the car will look like it did in the 60s. The charging plug is also under the car out of sight.

Last edited: May 17, 2013
    Mtn Goat likes this.
  30. Looking good guys :cool: We would love for you guys to come down to our 8th Annual "Run What Ya Brung" Sept 14th Reynolds, GA Silver Dollar Raceway. Here is the link to the newly posted thread with more to come as far as details.... :cool:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=802771

Keep up the great work and I cannot wait to see the Moonlighter back in action :cool: