Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gene Howard's 1950 Buick custom?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stone, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Stone

Stone

2. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

It was on ebay a while back, and there was a thread about it here on the hamb. love that shot of it on the cover of popular customs.

3. Rikster

Rikster

Another Hamb post on this car here

and here

4. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

kidcampbell71 likes this.

5. fuzz991

fuzz991

Gene was a good, personal friend of mine all his life, he left us to soon, him and Darryl Starbird where good friends and Darryl helped withthe stick steering in the Buick. Not only a great guy but talented. He built lots of customs in the Bloomington, Illinois area for years, I have a great collection of them over the years beside the Buick. The Buick was cared for by Walt Trapp on the east coast for thirty plus years, then a friend of mine purchased it, we showed it in Bloomington, Il for a few years and had hope to restore completely back to orginal with Gene, but we lost him and interest and the car went to Canada, Walt was trying to get it back, which I don't know if he ever did. Fuzzy

6. outlaw1949

outlaw1949

Awesome car!!!!!

7. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Loved the lavender version. Can't remember what it sold for on ebay....or if it even met the reserve.

8. Stone

Stone

Thanks guys. I like it. Its a little much for my style but I like it alot.

9. kool1

kool1

I bought "Truely Rare" back in 2007 my intentions were to restore it back to Violet fade paint job. I had shown picture of car to Gene Winfield and he remembered the car. He even said that if I was restoring it to contact him as he would love to do the fade job on it. But as all good plans go, once I really looked at what was there and what needed to do it RIGHT was going to be a project that at that time I could not afford in both time and $. I sold the car to a collector along with the "Black Flame" Buick which I also had. Now that was a car that needed alot! He said that Truely Rare was going to be a priority and they would start on it asap. Well I talk to him last summer and with the economy and such things slowed down on project. He was trying to figure out what was used for windshield as it is not a cut down 50 Buick windshield. I have sent him a email to see how things were coming along. I let you know when I heard some thing.

Attached Files:

10. Stone

Stone

Thanks for the info. Can anyone give me any info on the motor? I can't make out what the scan says.

11. tlaferriere

tlaferriere

This car is with me now in Rhode Island.

12. John Trapp

John Trapp

Attached Files:

13. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

Wow, I only like one thing in those pics.....o_O