Register now to get rid of these ads!

geitting it into bare metal and ready for bodywork

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MoparMan4GZUZ, May 28, 2011.

1. spent the day taking off 6 layers of paint on my 53 Pilothouse. Ran out of 80 grit DA paper so I didn't get to finish it up. Dash is out of a 49 Plymouth. Plenty of other stuff to do until I get more DA paper..... :D

Attached Files:

2. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

nice, I used 3M strip discks finished off with 80 grit.....cut through my 10 Layers of paint 60 years of other shit with ease....

Your truck looks in exceptional shape!

3. I only found one prior repair and it was picked and filed. Not a drop of mud in her.... yet

4. farmer12

farmer12

That's looking good, the metal seems to be in great shape.

5. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Better than I got, I got over 50lbs of mud, a little concrete, fiberglass and steel wool....etc

That thing is solid as heck....

6. finished the welding on the floor and filling the gas neck hole today, tomorrow I will fabricate new braces for the rear of the cab to the floor. Then finishing off the body and primer.

7. Fat47

Fat47
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The cab is really looking good. I am anxioius to see the dash with the guages and stuff installed.

walt

8. Thanks Walt. How is your project coming????