Register now to get rid of these ads!

gearhead in norcal

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Triggerman, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

So the tradition is to introduce yourself upon joiining huh? Okay, well I'm 45 now and thoroughly immersed in all things with an engine. My Dad started introducing me to the automotive world when I was a kid and the disease really took hold. Even though he was a hot rodder from waaaay back, I think that the hobby is more important to me. Although I have yet to find the prewar hot rod of my dreams ('30 Dodge truck) I have a '61 Corvette that is built to an old school drag race appearance and has a drag race pedigree. I enjoy working on the older vehicles for fun but can hardly stand doing maintenece on the daily drivers. Hot rodding is cool, oil changes and tune ups is boring. I am a sheet metal worker so a lot of what has been taught to me applies to working on the bodies of our old cars. Thus, I enjoy body and paint work (more the paint than the bodywork) as well as the mechanical aspects. The traditional rod movement has really caught hold of me. I have participated in Billetproof and Kulture Shock and am helping my friend 56nobrakes build his '29 five window. Thanks to all the participants and admin for this great site. Lots of cool people and no tolerance for BS.

Joe

2. notebooms

notebooms
    Alliance Member

welcome to another norcal to the hamb.

-scott noteboom