Register now to get rid of these ads!

gear jam at commerce dragstrip

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 59 brook, Sep 9, 2013.

1. 59 brook

59 brook

anyone going or gone? is it worth a 1500 road trip?_

2. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

This is the first year for it, so who knows?! :D
    I can tell you this--I put on the NE Georgia Swap Meet each month at the same location, and on Saturday we had over 200 swap meet vendors, and over 1,000 spectators. And it was the same weekend as Shades of the Past, which put a dent in our turn-out.

I've promoted it a ton at the swap meet, I've handed out over 10,000 fliers all over Georgia, Tennessee and Charlotte, I've taken out ads in several publications, posted it on over a dozen FaceBook pages, and 50 enthusiast websites.

I've heard from races in Michigan, Missourri, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, the Carolinas, Tennessee, Kentucky and a few more states that are coming.

And there should be a bunch of hot rods and customs, too... I've done a good job getting the word out, and everywhere I go people seem to know about it.

There aren't many vintage drags/traditional rod n custom shows that have a built-in 200 vendor swap meet... the marketing that goes into building that swap meet crossed over a lot to The Gear Jam too.

Plus, the party in Commerce on Friday night should be a ton of fun, and will certainly be well attended.

I drove down to Billetproof in Ocala, from here, and thought it was worth the trip... and there wasn't a vintage race, the big party the night before, or the huge swap meet.

I don't know if this answers your question or not, but if you need any more information, let me know and I'll answer as best I can.

-Brad

3. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

There will at least be one FED there . . . mine! :D

4. Tyler, can you send me some pictures of your car?

5. 59 brook

59 brook

see you there