Register now to get rid of these ads!

gear head cruiser products ??? info wanted .

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scooter, Dec 4, 2004.

1. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

Doin a motor/trans swap and was wondering if anybody here has ever bought or had dealings w/ this gear head crusier products company .Good bad ugly etc , please share .THANKS!

2. Bryan

Bryan

A buddy of mine used their disc brake kit on his 54 ford, he was pretty satisfied with the product and the company.

3. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

Thanks ! glad to hear atleast some feedback ..I know they are a very small operation but very hard to get them on the phone or answer email . Maybe time to step-up and hire a phone email person .. Glad i got some feedback [​IMG]

4. Scooter; I installed one of his (Frank's the name) steering box kits in a 49 Merc. His instructions were Shit. Contacting him about it was impossible. After totally re-desining the install and getting it done it drove like Shit! Come to find out it his steering box was a used (as in Used up) from a wrecking yard 64 up Ford truck Box with a fits all steel plate welded on it. Once it was in and I tried to drive it I learned the steering ratio was terrible. This product was a TOTAL wast of time and money. This is just my opinyon but, stay away from them. I'd be happy to Itemize all the things that had to be changed to make his kit work if your interested. I also have a friend that bought his motor mount kit for 62-64 Ford and his experiance was the same as mine.
    The Wizzard

5. ferds wagon

ferds wagon

Junk I think. If you want go to Hotrodders B.B and check 57ford/gm605/wanders bad or google gearheads and click on page.