Register now to get rid of these ads!

G'day New Aussie Bloke

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by RM-Special, Oct 10, 2009.

1. RM-Special

RM-Special

G'day Fellas,
    Long time Lurker,just joining in here ,love friday art and the tech stuff,and the show coverage and .....the list goes on.
    Our family owns a lowered '62 EJ holden station wagon which is a daily driver and being customised bit by bit (and constantly being repaired as things go bang).

The real Custom car is a 59 FC holden sedan (this is my wife's car) souped up grey motor, and custom paint is the gameplan,this one has been in the build stage forever.

I'd sooner own a hot rod and one of our kids , daughter aged 10 would like one too.
    A mate dropped off a birthday present for me the other month and declared "here is the start of your hot rod" as he pointed at the Wade supercharger sitting in the back of his ute -fitted with a three port hilborn fuel injection unit.I was stunned to say the least.

Old time drag cars are in my blood,having been into drag racing since my early teens.

Fave aussie car show is the chopped show,been to both and is on the must go to list for next year too,all being well.

I have an uncle who built his first hot rod in about 1951, a visually conservative (by american hot rod standards) 34 ford tub,V8 flatty that he did a port and polish ,relieved the valves and fitted a dual carb manifold, He had "Backhausen Special" sign written on the car ,entered it in reliability trials ,speed trials (dragracing at the Blackheath airport in the blue mountains).It retained its fenders as where they lived in the Blue mountains (outside of Sydney) was fairly wet.The bonnet was wrinkle black ,a result of when he sprayed two different paints over each other ,he liked the look and it stayed even when he sold it .I believe the car still exists,though in different form.
    I hope to tell this story properly one day with photos my dad took as the younger brother tagging along with camera in hand (Dad has over 100 pics of Speedway ,dragracing, Boats ,motorcycles from the early 50's to 1960)

Some photos of the project stuff
    Below is a modified stock manifold that I'll be using on the FC's engine for running in ,then over to a speedstreak twin manifold .I machined the finned heat exchanger cover,and engine turned the outside of the plenum using a roloc with a scotch brite disc,the manifold is cast iron and coated in clear engine enamel after a full deburr and polish.
    [​IMG]
    Next up is a pic of the FC body panels ,louvres were done by a local hotrodder (an ex toolmaker) ,a bit of rust repair work still to be done. The plan is to do the body in flat green with flake roof.
    [​IMG]
    Final shot is of the wade supercharger and injection,
    [​IMG]
    Cheers for now

2. striper

striper

Nice stuff. Welcome

Pete

3. roughidle

roughidle
    BANNED
    from iowa