Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gathering of the Times Vintage Trailer Rally 2017

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Thanks for the link. I just spent two hours lurking. Great site!
    I don't need to get addicted to these little cuties, too many undone car projects.
    But trading a car project for a trailer project makes perfect sense in my twisted mind. LOL

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  2. I just happen to have a 1956 Shasta canned ham trailer project if your interested. HRP

3. HEH, HEH. Hey kid, wanna buy a canned ham?
    Run, Bill, run!!

(PSSST....Post up some pics on here, while I'm under the influence.)

4. You ain't right Bill! :D

The 56 is exactly like my 57.This is it the day I bought it & brought it home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is what it looks like now,I have removed all the J channel (many hours and a lot of rusty screws) all the windows,eyebrows,cargo doors and door.

[​IMG]

I have remove some of the front sheet metal and the rear sheet metal to replace wood rot from leaking.

I have all the original appliances and the cabinets are very nice,no rot. HRP

1956 Shasta project

5. Link no work (for me). Maybe that's a good thing.

6. Latigo

Latigo

Thanks for sharing HRP!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

When I was a kid , Pop and one of his buddies built a camper. I dont remember too much about the building process, but I remember going camping a few times, mostly to Clark Hill. All the rigs then looked like most of the ones in your pictures, was even a few tents scattered about. We mostly kept it in the backyard, and as kids it was the spare bedroom when company came to visit. We all thought it was neat to get to sleep in the camper.
    I even saw a plate hanging on the wall in one of your pics, "God Bless Our Trailer Home", we had one just like it. Thanks for the memories.:)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. Saw this one at Goodguys, Charlotte today...
    Trailer.jpg

catdad49, HOTRODPRIMER and Kustomike like this.
  9. Tom,that thing is cool,do you know what it is? HRP

10. Sorry, don’t know, but it was for sale.

11. Thanks,but I don't need a third one. HRP

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool photos, it wasn't that long ago that you couldn't give most old trailers away and now a guy can't afford to buy one.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  13. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2017-11-27_3-19-57.png
    upload_2017-11-27_3-20-12.png 1967 Airstream
    upload_2017-11-27_3-20-43.png
    upload_2017-11-27_3-22-44.png
    Hello,

On our recent holiday travels, we stayed at the Kimpton Goodland Resort Hotel in Goleta, CA. It was described as a “revitalized surfer styling.” So, that caught our eyes. 48 years ago, we stayed in the same resort hotel, back then, it was the Holiday Inn. Three years ago, the Kimpton Group purchased and did their So Cal vibe makeover.

Upon arrival at the entrance, the first thing that catches your eye is the bright, shiny, silver 1967 Airstream Trailer sitting in the driveway parking area. We were told it was called, “Rita Hayworth.” It is open for guests to lounge around or for other uses. Parties, perhaps?

There was a copy of an original purchase order as part of the décor. Right next to the 1967 Airstream Trailer is a pristine Ford Woody with the trademark Goodland imprint on the back window. Of course, a longboard surfboard is usually on top.

Jnaki

The whole 60’s vibe is displayed all over the complex from small record players in each room, an LP album vault in the lobby, to driftwood furniture, concrete, wood grained flooring, and individual patio lounge areas for some of the rooms. It was a fun place to stay for a couple of days. Hotel living? My wife said she could stay here just because of the décor. It was certainly a flashback to the 60’s. (It is also dog friendly…)

Trailer living? Camping? The inside was pretty nice and very functional. With this Airstream, nothing is out of the question. There are many places on the West Coast that have Airstream Trailers on campsites for rent, from the forests to the beach. That would be our next stop.

upload_2017-11-27_3-25-7.png
    Kimpton Goodland Resort: "Rita Hayworth"
    upload_2017-11-27_3-26-20.png upload_2017-11-27_3-28-59.png
    1967 Airstream Tradewind
    upload_2017-11-27_3-27-49.png

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  14. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

That's fabulous! I'm hoping it's glass and that I can afford one some time down the road. Gary

Kustomike likes this.
  15. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,

As an addendum to the above post: The Kimpton Goodland 1967 Airstream Trailer is an added bonus for the resort in Goleta, CA. The resort owners have left it open for clients of the hotel for relaxation purposes. With this in mind, a purchase of a smaller one wouldn’t be too bad. We have seen so many of them on the road.

Jnaki
    upload_2017-11-27_16-23-14.png
    upload_2017-11-27_16-23-29.png
    upload_2017-11-27_16-23-46.png
    upload_2017-11-27_16-24-4.png
    upload_2017-11-27_16-24-19.png
    upload_2017-11-27_16-24-34.png
    Rita Hayworth at the Kimpton Goodland Resort Hotel:
    Located in Goleta, CA...north of Santa Barbara

Thanks for the best photos of the Kimpton Goodland trailer, Kim

https://thesmallsmalltrailer.com/about/

Bandit Billy and Speedys Garage like this.