Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gathering of the Faithfull......Flop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CTFuzz, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Am I the only one that thought this years "Gathering" was a flop? Worst ever in my book, sure it was great to see old friends, but it was just an other cruise night............you know, foreign cars, 'Vettes and Mustangs and lots of Post 1960 cars. Very few race cars, flatheads or hopped up bangers. It must be all about the money.........I won't be back and that makes me a little sad because I have been going for many years and usually having a great time.

2. Times change,many event's that have been a staple for many years open the doors to everyone that's willing to pay admission,sadly when this happens it looses it's luster.

Just find another event that caters to your interest. HRP

3. I check out this thread and it appears there was a lot of cars that should appeal to Hambers. HRP

here

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Don't get me wrong, there were lots of great cars that we would all love and I am greatful that the owners took time to show them and I very much enjoyed them BUT they advertise pre 1960 cars only and then line up anything that rolls in...................It just brought me down.

5. Yeah,I get it.

It's like the NSRA nat's South,opening it up to later models after having been pre 48 for many years did loose it's luster with me.HRP

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  6. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Looks like highboyroadsterboy found plenty to appreciate.

7. Sadly many of the "Faithful" are no longer with us.:(

8. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

You gotta look past the modern stuff and look at what ya like,they turned away a shit load of cars ,some to the lower lot and a few just got their noses up and left.I thought it was great and well orginized as usual,and ive been going since the get go.You would have a hard time getting to see so many traditional cars anywhere else.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

"can't please everyone"

10. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

I thought it was good this year.I was real happy with the location being that it was easier for me to find.Lots of good cars and good people,that I saw.