Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gasser Reunion 2013, Changes more Hamb Friendly!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Moyer, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

It was mentioned that your club welcomes anyone that wants to run and meets the criteria. I simply shared my experience of trying to do just that. The fact that it makes your club look bad is not my fault. Everything I posted is backed by fact. I still have the email and can forward it to anyone if they PM me their email address.

A simple apology and an admission that the response I received was lacking would have sufficed instead of resorting to calling me immature and needing my hand held. It is water under the bridge now and again I will apologize to Don for these posts getting his thread off track.

2. alkycoupe

alkycoupe

John, again no ax to grind, don't take it personally. I am also just expressing my opinion. If ABC gasser club was having a points meet I would have the same opinion. I think all of the clubs are a cool thing and that is why I liked the idea of a club vs club race. Although I still don not think the Gasser reunion is the place for ONE particular clubs private points race......Steve

3. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

WOW!!!! You guys amaze me.

4. John, your "suggestions" are to let you run your points race like you have the past couple years. You have offered no compromise. This whole process has been tough because these issues have been festering. I am sorry that you don't like it, but We have seen the need to straingten them out. I am willing to compromise and let you guys run your race either friday night (preferred) or saturday night this year only. The East Coast members can choose which direction they would like to go. Since Gasser Magazine is one of your sponsors, I would think a little compromise from your end is warranted. I have made several changes along this process to make this event better, So I am not sure where you get to say I do not welcome constructive ideas. I am interested in getting everyone on an even playing field to reduce the amount of bitching that goes on. It is really imbarrasing from an outsiders view. I have reached out to all the Gasser organizations that I have contact information for. I would hope that this event is the one event we can all just get together on and enjoy the cars we are all so passionate about.

5. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

OK Don, I see how this is going to be. Best of luck with it.

6. oldschoolracer

oldschoolracer
    from pa.

how is the club vs club going to work if you have uneven number of cars?

7. alkycoupe

alkycoupe

Not to speak for Don, but I think we may just have representatives from each club go at it?? Whatever works right? I'm sure it's a work in progress. Don are you that far into it yet? Maybe start another thread on this one.

8. And even more difficult question to answer is the different number of cars representing each club. Say one club has 12 cars, another 15, and club x has 6. It is really hard to figure out a system withhout knowing in advance the ammount of participants. The plan was to make the event up based on what the competitors feel is the fairest way to accomplish this. Being a first there will be some bugs to work out. The idea would be to have rival clubs race against each other and as the field gets smaller some club members may have to race each other. I am really open to suggestions on what you guys would like. If the number is odd, maybe the past chamion club would earn the bye? Or best reaction time for the day?

9. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

I don't think for the first one you are going to be able to do much. Maybe once you run it once, you can work on making it better. Like you said, you have no idea on number of participants in each group so I think it will be hard to make it a real "team" race initially.

I think the best you will do is separate team members as long as possible and once that can't be done anymore, team members will have to run each other. I would use the track's method of picking bye runs since it is their personel running the show. You may want to just ladder everyone after the first round or two.

I have seen where everyone who wins a round gets a point for their team then you add up the points at the end of the day. Definitly not perfect as the biggest team usually has the advantage but if the big team all goes down early a smaller team can beat them.

10. alkycoupe

alkycoupe

Wouldn't be a bad thing if a 5 man team(or whatever number) was picked from each club, might be more fair all the way around, its just a fun thing for bragging rights so the simpler the better.

11. Ha ha, that's asking for trouble, now of course you would want to send 5 ringers to get the title. But.. the rest of the members may feel jaded because they were not picked but feel they are just as good as the other guys.
    This whole thread has had some crazy twists, here's my twist on ECG running Sat 1-4. Why would one club get to hold their own private race during prime racing hrs ? Those hrs should be available for everyone to get out there and get track time. John, I'm not hating your club but could if I had to sit around with my thumb up my ass for 3 hrs of prime racing watching a private race.

12. alkycoupe

alkycoupe

I don't think we have 5 "RINGERS" Lol, might be a problem with some I guess, wouldn't bother me much. Whatever they come up with I'm sure it will be fine. And I do feel the same way about a private race at the reunion.

13. oldschoolracer

oldschoolracer
    from pa.

if you go with the club with the least amount of cars. the other clubs could put everyone who wants to run name in a hat a draw for there cars. but to keep from having a bye run you need even number of cars. then will it be dial in or tenths? would be nice for a gambler race also.

14. alkycoupe

alkycoupe

Sounds like a good idea.

15. I think that everyone is going to want to run in this race! And I think the fans are going to want to see everyone run this race. I like the idea of limit the number of cars from each group so every group has an equal amount, and that may make sense if we have weather to contend with. As of now I am thinking of calling each club by lane. Smaller clubs will combine lanes. The starter will randomnly pick lanes to start. The bigger clubs will end up with club members racing each other, which is more excitiing than drawing out of a hat in my opinion. As much as I hate to say it, probably because of the diversity of the field, handicap racing dialing to the tenth is what everyone will favor?

16. Keep up the good work Don...once you get thru the BS and ego's.it will all fall into place..
    my hats off to you for taking this on..

i know real well, that everyone wants rules & classes built around their cars..hard to find middle ground.
    Good luck bud !!!!

Rick

17. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Don, I admire you for the tough job you've undertaken and I think things are slowly getting worked out. Hard to please everyone. I don't have a dog in the hunt here yet, but, hopefully soon. Good luck with this endeavor.

18. alkycoupe

alkycoupe

Sounds good to me Don, I think we have no other choice but to dial to the tenth and have at it. Any word on any other clubs participating?

19. Don, This is good news. Thanks for your input. I will keep and finish my 41 Willys Gasser as this is what i really enjoy is the Nostalgia drags. I have another 41 with a Mustang II front end, runs good but does not have the look. Thanks for the support as i was just about to sell it. Ted

Attached Files:

20. goodturn

goodturn

Rick. The more that I follow this, the more I think that I will try to make the Reunion with the Thames, even though I will probably run hot rod. Will any other ONDR cars be going that you know of.
    Spanky

21. Spanky post a pick of your car!

Thanks guys!

22. LZ

LZ

Don:
    Thanks for all the work. Hope we can make it
    Luke

23. Luke, hope to see you there!

24. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don,
    I can't tell you how bummed i am that Larry and I are not going to be able to make this meet. Larry will be in the middle of a big project and won't be able to take the time. I guess you won't have to worry about me wanting to borrow the Reaper:(:( Hopefully next year. Best of luck to you and have fun.
    Wanda

25. Wanda, sorry we wont get together this year. Gotta pay the bills, I understand. Tell Larry not to work too hard!

26. Uncledirty616

Uncledirty616

Man, i am gonna try hard to make this one!! Ps, i finished my car and made the Autorama in detroit!!

27. Spanky;
    I can't tell you how many ONDR cars will be there ,but I doubt we will this yr. been to every event Thompson has had...
    I have change my priorities (strictly personal),and have decided to do less events.
    I think we had 20 + cars there last year..wasn't pleased that in Hot Rod one of our cars went about 5 rounds before mechanical failure,and was paid 20 bucks for his efforts.
    Of course ,there were a LOT of cars in that class.

Rick

28. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

The Rebel Reaper makes it in Rodder's Journal.
    Congrats Don!!!!

Attached Files:

29. ardyboy

ardyboy

Don, What's going on with this race? I'm hearing that Gasser Magazine is no longer involved.

30. Heard the same thing yesterday at our GRS racers meeting.