Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gasser Reunion 2013, Changes more Hamb Friendly!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Moyer, Dec 20, 2012.

1. 1320_racer

1320_racer
    from Canada

Rocky,

The topic was brought up how the fans can witness the biggest and most entertaining AA/GS show at the 2013 Gasser Reunion. I stated that some of our Nosalgia AA/Gassers members might possibly consider making this happen.

Goodluck with your 2013 Gasser Reunion show and 2013 season!

2. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

With muliple classes.......you will see somewhat the evolution of the Gasser cars and configurations and represent some of that......Althou you can say they originally started out in a semi stock stance during the late 50's then the gradual nose up stance and back to stock and most lower than stock in the end...no doubt several cars get caught in a grey area when you base your main representation of a Gasser as nose high for during the whole period you would see all types of stances run......but reguardless...if you show up you can run........The only thing missing is AA/G Gassers running on race gas running the full 1320.......But all the AA/G Gasser groups put on great displays of the past...It would be real easy to fight all this and just not show up and it will be just as easy by doing that and ruin all this for the future.....I personally build to race because I like to race..........Question is...why do you race?..............Littleman

3. Same thing, I raced several off topic cars and just enjoy tuning, I like to challenge myself to a new improved time each time out. We currently race a "bracket" style race in the Gasser Racing Series which makes all even at the finish line.
    I'm not so great because I like to make changes, I want to go faster, I want to figure out what works and what doesn't. I also like wheelies, since I started down that path my car is even more inconsistent...I don't care I like it !

Which kinda brings up another question, what if you go out in first round. Can you make more passes that day with same style cars or does everyone get thrown into a test n tune group ?

4. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

Quote:
    It would be real easy to fight all this and just not show up and it will be just as easy by doing that and ruin all this for the future.....I personally build to race because I like to race..........Question is...why do you race?..............Littleman

^^^^Ive been involved,owened and driven cars in different forms of motorsports....Its personal satisfaction/goals,the craftsmanship,the people,The freinds made and the places Ive been......Its all good.When I pull my helmet on the daily pressures and world problems disappear...Its thearapy.

That being said....I read this thread daily.....I cannot believe the bitching by some...Who dont even have cars to race...Or leave them at home in the garage.."waiting to see how it plays out... maybe I'll go next year...They aint getting my hard earned 25 dollars"...Or what ever lame ass excuse you can come up with.

Racing is not fair...Its not your God givin right....Its not for evergbody.....Its about men building the machines,spending all spare time and dollars(or lack of)....Its "Run what you brung and hope you brung enough"Its for love of the sport.....and at the end of the day Its about having a good time!
    Whether you attend the races Don is coordinating or someone elses.....They have rules..Its their game..their rules....like it or not.

And remember Don,Rocky and others who I dont know,put alot of free thankless time and energy promoting events.And if you think any pay at an event covers the expence of going....you need to wake up.

Guys I thank you for being involved in events so I can get me some thearpy....

Whether your a spectator, or a racer...get to a track and have some fun!! A bad day at a racetrack is always better than a good day at work!

By the way Ill be in the open comp or quick 8...not nearly the amount of complaining.
    See you at the big end....<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  5. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

Littleman,

In a prefect world we would have gas in the tanks and making 1/4 mile passes..... As a group we voted on both, our group allows gas or alky since alky is 8.00 a gallon cheaper and easier on parts, alky it is. As far as running 1/4 mile, since these cars are capable of going a half second quicker then their "Up-in-the-air" ancestors, running a full quarter without lowering them to the ground or adding a wing wouldn't be feasible.... As far as "why" we race? It's for many reasons, I'd say first is the love of it, the next for the memories and the friendships... it sure isn't to get rich...lol

Rocky

6. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Rocky, I already knew the answers to what I wrote before I wrote it.......well versed on why the groups do what they do.........1/8 mile just not in my DNA.....and will be attempting to run the full 1320 w/ my blown injected 112'' mid-engine Roadster on alky as soon as I finish it......Before I retired my Model A Pickup......I can understand the ill handling part...I got to the point where I never knew which direction I would be going when that last yellow bulb lit up and mashed the fun pedal.....at 9.57 @ 140 in a Truck that would not tech w/o a bunch of work was deemed unsafe even if the track still was not going to trailer me...I did it myself.......basically the same thing you are doing by running 1/8th only.......I race because something is very much wrong w/ me...he he he.......Littleman

7. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

"imagine what would happen if I took the money away!"

The logical answer would be, you would then see who truly is in it for the love of the show and who is in it for the money?

If the potential monetary gain is an issue, simply give every entrant a ticket and draw for prize money. I think you would increase the number of cars entered because a lot of the guys with less sophisticated and slower equipment would show up because they would know they had an equal chance of taking home money against guys who they otherwise wouldn’t. I don’t understand why anyone would object to this with the exception of the guys who feel they are somehow guaranteed prize money?

I personally don’t understand the logic of a promoter paying a group show money plus prize money to run a, for all practical purposes closed event?

Just an unbiased opinion.
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

8. All three gasser classes have equal billing, track time and payout? Everybody runs together on friday and saturday as much as you want. I usually get 10 to 15 passes a day, Sunday, if the track wants to, after the second round they will open up the lanes in between rounds and you can make more passes if you wish. The beauty of the Gasser Reunion in the past and now, if you want to wear you stuff out, this is the place! If your car is not in Classical Gas, you still will be in Nostalgia gas, which is going to be a great class that is formated the same way as the series you run it in, so not much will change. You have a lot of passion for this, it will be a shame for you not to go, really you will fit in just like the rest of us.

10. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Hey Swade 41 bring your "J" to the " Meltdown Drags" it would fit right in with all the other Gas class cars. No trophies, no payout, no drama. I know it would be a long haul, but you wouldn't regret it.

11. treeserv

treeserv
    from n.j.

Then after Beaver Bob makes his pass early in the morning he then plays wake up little Susie

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

12. I can't agree more..The Meltdown 2012 was as good as it gets for a fun.no hassle,no BS style event..
    show up in the correct lane and run till your tired!!!!

Good folks and a well organized group..
    I hope to be able to attend again this yr.

Rick

13. Class Reunion

Class Reunion
    from N.E. PA

Thumbs up for the Melt Down Drags, the best VINTAGE drag race I ever attended. Planning on making the 2000 mi round trip again this year, I saw enough at Beaver Springs last year, I'll put the money for that 150 mi round trip towards the Meltdown.
    Gregg

14. Thanks guys for walking in my house with your shoes on...

lets get back on topic!

Here is the new article that will go into print next week for Gasser Magazine. (I did not select the pictures)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  15. jimmy1931

jimmy1931

Don, looks good to me!

16. blownhemi48

blownhemi48
    from Bergen NY

I like the idea of having pony cars with radioused fenders and straight axles.

17. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm starting to have racing withdrawals. I can't wait.

18. jesse1980

jesse1980

Cool job, looks good to me.

19. treeserv

treeserv
    from n.j.

Hey Don how many gasser clubs Will be attending that you know of ?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

20. I believe the East Coast Gassers and the Western N.Y. Gang are working out details. Would love to see the Geezers, Great Lakes Gassers, Midwast Gassers, anybody from down south or out west!

21. Nice write up Don, it explains a bit.

22. Looks like a good time. I'll be there to check it out!

23. Great. Been getting some good feedback. I would like to thank everyone for helping get it right.

24. alkycoupe

alkycoupe

Good job Don, looks like everyone will have a class to race. By the way, the Nostalgic Notions will be at the event and would like to participate in a club race if there was one....Steve

25. Steve, that is great to hear! I have not heard from East Coast Gassers or the Western New York Gang yet. I will reach out to them in a few weeks if I don't. Any other clubs want in on this?

I also started a new thread for the street race on saturday night, hopefully to see what guys are bringing!

26. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Don, the East Coast Gassers are in as always. Having our club points series race on Saturday and then run in the Gasser Reunion program on Sunday. As long as I don't have a conflict with my son's Jr Dragster racing I'll be there.

27. There won't be a points race on saturday, unless you guys incorperate it with the club v. club race saturday evening. Check with Dave, I explained it all to him.

28. Boss Hydro

Boss Hydro
    from Phila

29. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Sounds like your trying to run the East Coast Gassers out of town Don. Sounds funny seeing how Gasser Magazine is one of our sponsors.

30. John, nothing could be further from the truth! I want the East Coast Gassers to come to participate at the reunion! I am sure that Gasser Magazine expects their sponsorship to be represented at the reunion. The schedule for the race is determined to place the emphasis on a total experience for fans and racers alike. There are several different Gasser organizations that are represented at the nationals. We feel that it has caused animosity to have the one organization singled out with a race within a race. This is the reason we have created the Gasser organization Club V. Club race for Saturday night! I understand that you run a points system for an overall champion in your club. Your club can run in the Saturday night race, competing against other rival clubs, and award it's members points based on where they finish? The Nostalgia Notions and the Great Lakes Gassers are already going to participate in this race. If you guys want to just run each other, we will have you stage separately from the other groups and you can run your race by yourselves. I personally feel that the Club v. Club race is a great concept that will help bond some of the splintering in this hobby.