Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gasser Or Lead Sled ???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigdaddykaddy, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Well guys and gals Gassers are kool as hell but so are Lead Sleds!!
    I have the best of both worlds right now and I know there will be a lot of guys on here will blow me some shit about this but I cant make up my mind!!
    I have a 55 gasser with 331sbc 4 speed and 9 inch posi rear, 430 gear, pie crust slicks, real moon tank, and 2x4s just a all out bad nasty street gasser.
    I also have a 54 chevy that I built for my wife that she lets me drive when ever I want thats lowered, sbc,autotranny, new tuck and roll interior. But its a more door and their is nothing wrong with more doors I like them alot and they can be great for familys like mine easy in and out with the little ones.
    I have the chance to trade my gasser for a nice clean sled that looks pretty darn nice. The little sled can be drove every day. My 55 is a after work and weekend play toy. I would love to have some thing to drive to work (100 mile round trip) this summer.
    Im stuck in between a rock and a hard place. I love my gasser and we have a sled.
    Please give me some help on this I dont know what to do !!

2. keep the gasser and buy a beater to drive to work.

3. Pasta

Pasta

Change the rear gear in the 55 and drive it to work.

4. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Got pictures of the sled and the gasser?

5. 60 ford

60 ford

I agree with Pasta, I'd keep the Gasser

6. 53Hattie

53Hattie

Oh, what the hell, I'll play devils advocate, ...Go For The Sled!!

7. Butch M

Butch M

Gasser........

8. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

Both! Oh wait you have both. Dam thats a hard one. What will you drive after you come home from work and on weekends? the same car you drove to work? boring

9. Hell no Ill be driving my 30mpg shit box!!! Then when I get home to tool around it can be the Gasser or the sled!!! I cant make up my mind if I want another sled or a gasser with 4 in the floor!!!
    This is a big bitch trying to decide what to do !!! Help me out boys!!!

10. teddyp

teddyp

keep what you have best of both

11. ev88f

ev88f

You know what you've got now. Might end up tearin the sled apart to bring it up to your standards anyway

12. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

I traded my Gasser for a mild custom. I got tired of shifting in Southern California traffic and handling pot holes with a straight axle. The custom has a sbc chevy and auto, now I've added A/C for summer cruising.

13. 7ate9

7ate9
    from Maine

Since you've already got a sled you can drive, I'd say keep the gasser!
    But then again, I dunno what I'd do if I couldn't drive my cars to work everyday.. So I might say go for the sled.
    That's definitely a tough call! haha

14. working , it's overrated! , another vote for buy a beater to drive to work!

15. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Keep and enjoy both. I did...........

Attached Files:

16. CAMSHAFT666

CAMSHAFT666

I would give my left nut and my right arm for a tri 5 gasser...
    So im gonna say keep the gasser!

17. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I can only speak for myself here, I have a Gasser styled 56 and I drive it much like your 55. Now, if I had a second car/sled or a Wifey making the second car/sled I would call it done. There's no way I would give up my 56 for a custom.