Register now to get rid of these ads!

History gasser 1957 chevy time capsule

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sledjunky, Jan 10, 2016.

1. sledjunky

sledjunky
    from greenbay

Hello, fellow H A M B members, my name is Brennen Van Sistine, Maybe some of you have read the Hot Rod Deluxe story on my car" SUPERSTITION " the 1957 Chevy Bel Air hardtop that was discovered a few years back , sitting behind a few sheds in the Green Bay area.....Since the discovery and reincarnation of this unmolested A/GS sixties drag car, the response has been truly unbelievable!!! The car has since made it to the west coast where it was one of the featured cars at the Viva LasVegas Rockabily reunion, also one of the featured cars at the Bakersfield Hot Rod Reunion where it had an incredible reception!! while at the show many "TRUE" southern California hot rod historians, and NHRA museum officials were able to look the car over with a genuine and authentic respect for this window into drag racings past......The gasser has been featured in online publications such as"Dice," "SpeedHunters," Power Magizine" "Barn finds" and the cover photo and full story in "Hot Rod Deluxe " Since the circulation of the Chevy, i've been fortunate to hear a few stories and managed to gather a few photos of the car BUT!! im still searching, and hoping for more stories and photos especially of SUPERSTITION in action on the track in the early 60's Here is a little break down of early history.... the 57 was on the race track at Great Lakes Drag Away in Wisconsin from 1960 to 1978 the 57 was ALWAYS red..... it was ALWAYS powered by a PONTIAC it had a very high radius cut wheel opening, and has had the original 6 lug axle from day one...., it was raced by Charlie Proite in the 1960s,Duane Hanson and Ken Richter in the 1970s all three of these men were Milwaukee locals

if you have any info on my car please feel free to call me or text 1 920 313 0706

enclosed below is the actual Hot Rod Deluxe story

Thank you Brennen......http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured...hevy-gasser-is-window-into-drag-racings-past/

Attached Files:

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

can't get more real than that. shows that stuff is still hidden away all over the Country. glad that you did not just stick it away in a private collection.

lawman and volvobrynk like this.
  3. It is a fantastic piece of history! Isaw a video of it at the HRR.

4. Tony

Tony

Hi Brennan.
    Unfortunately i dont have any info or stories to add to what you already have.

I just felt like commenting. I've seen some pics and vids of your car online and just wanted to say congratulations on such a unique and badass find!
    Im a 57 fan regardless, but always love seeing the genuine drag article like what you have.
    Very cool car!

Best of luck finding more info!!

Tony

5. upload_2016-1-12_18-57-40.png
    Some cool ass pipes, there!

6. Wow. That thing is bad ass!!!

7. You have a once in a lifetime find there. Have you thought about bringing your '57 to the meltdown drags?

8. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Would love to hear it run, what a great find and story to boot!

9. sledjunky

sledjunky
    from greenbay

yes ! the belair will be at the meltdown drags .... a could possibly do a run ,,,,,, it hasn't seen and action since 1978

10. sledjunky

sledjunky
    from greenbay

hey thanx tony ... im gunna try and run it this summer....

11. Very Cool Sled, I had a 57 C/Gas 210 hardtop in High School still kick my A$$ for getting rite of it, it was restored back to a stock 210 hardtop. It had a 59 chevy pick-up axle, set back small block, (I put a BBC in it), Big Olds/Pont rear end and a four speed, damm I miss that car. Thing is I never took one picture of that car. Great to see that another car was keep the way it was built years ago. Hope to see more pic's and information on your car. :cool:

12. CGkidd

CGkidd

Great car. Love seeing the old rave cars