Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gaskets 49-56 Pontiac/Olds Rear End

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pontiacres Ranch, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

Hey Guys,

I ended up scanning and drawing up new Center Section & Retainer to Backing Plate Gaskets in Illustrator. I couldnt find any, so I just made new using Manila Folder, and my Vinyl Cutter. I took the Art that I recreated in Illustrator and sent it to the Cutter which had cardboard in the cam rollers rather than vinyl. Set the blade depth a little lower and let the computer cut them. Perfect fit. If anyone needs them, or the Art file to do the same. Let me know & Ill make them or send the file.

Im sure I could make other gaskets is anyone needs something they cant find, and has most of the original.

Ill be driving the 56 this afternoon.....

Ed Evans
    56 Pontiac 860 2 Door Wagon

2. Great idea Ed! If you need a good source of obsolete stuff such as gaskets and the like,try Northwestern Auto Supply on Division St. in Grand Rapids MI.I don't have their number offhand but they have a website and an 800 number and the people who answer the phones really know their stuff.

3. 55chieftain

55chieftain

I take it you found a center section Ed? I'll post what I had if you don't mind, I made this up a few years ago. The pictures are blurry , but still work out ok if you resize them for the proper size. Actually, these should work up to 64 Olds/Pontiac rear ends. There were also paper gaskets between the end of the axle and brake drum too. Later, Bill.

Attached Files: