Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gas Tank Inside Cab move outside?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dauphinee, Jun 5, 2013.

1. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

use the tank u have ,most of them came either way inside or under the truck. if u look under it u will probably see where it would mount .

2. early Mustang tank works great behind rear axle, cheap too.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  3. Bluedot

Bluedot

x2 on Tanks Inc., whether stock in stock location or wanting a different tank somewhere else. Excellent product, fair pricing, fast ship. I was totally impressed with the tank I bought. That's all they do (gas tanks), so they know their stuff.

4. Both of my old Dodges have the stock tanks in the cab. No leaks or odor, so they stay right where they are.

5. I just ordered a 1970 Mustang tank for my 57 f100. I gotta move the rear crossmember back about 6" and it will fit. Rockauto.com has the tank and sending unit, shipped it was about $160. If you search google there are a few threads about doing this.

6. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

I have a 57' F100 also and was thinking about doing the same as worm0163. I could careless about the gas being behind my seat except that it takes up an extra 6 inches of cab space. It sure would be nice to have a little more leg room!

7. 53 COE

53 COE
    from PNW

X2 - They have stainless and poly - rust free!

http://www.tanksinc.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=results/Category_ID=59/mode=cat/cat59.htm

Don't see a stock '49 Ford truck unit though....

And for those of you who made this a Ralph Nader thread - the OP never said why they want to move the tank.....

:rolleyes:

8. Mine, from Tanks. My truck came as a kit, no stock tank to be found.

Attached Files:

9. Dauphinee

Dauphinee
    from New York

Great ideas. I was thinking of moving the tank to give myself more room inside the cab.
    Others had told me to get it out of the cab because it wasn't safe.
    Both sides have a compelling edge to them.
    I want to put buckets in with shoulder belt attached so my girls are safe when we go for a ride. No fuss no muss no welding...