Register now to get rid of these ads!

gas station uniforms

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by duste01, Nov 28, 2008.

1. duste01

duste01

This may seem a little off, which IS me, but I was looking at the t-shirt auction and it reminded me that even though I have a love for vintage attendant uniforms, I can't for the life of me find any.
    Does any one out there like the look of white britches and light striped shirts? Does any one have any...any more? Would any one else wear something that had unical or texaco patches on the shirt? Tell me I'm not the only one that would? If I ever find any I will, much to my wifes shugrin.

2. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

Faith maybe able to provide you a lead. She may have came across some while getting wardrobes for the characters in her Deuce of Spades movie.

3. Dickies twill work shirts and pants are more than likely what the attendants wore.

Along with the Mobilgas flying horse - which may be easy to get - and the Texaco sew on patches it would be easy to make your own.

Be sure and have Bob embroidered over the heart on the shirt.

For some reason gas station guys were always called Bob.

Usually the owner had a few clean uniforms on the shelf in the back and you changed when you got to work.

4. I bought a friend of mine a nice Texaco Ike jacket off e bay. Never have found one big enough for myself.

5. bbc 1957 gasser

bbc 1957 gasser

6. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Flying A uniforms were white pants and white shirts with the Flying A logo over the left shirt pocket. The ballcap was red. When I worked at Mobil, it was a light blue shirt with a Mobil patch over the left rear pocket. Dark blue pants and dark blue jacket.

7. gas pumper

gas pumper

Shell in the 60's was a tan shirt, with name on left and the Shell clamshell on right. The pants were dark brown. Now I regret using them up for work clothes.
    We used to get new ones every 6 months back then, cause you gotta look good out there, and just threw out the old ones!

8. twotoejoe

twotoejoe

This thread is useless without pictures!!

9. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

White??? You should know (being from ky) those dont wrank being called britches,
    those are called fancy pants:D............hope you can take a joke;)

10. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I still have a couple of shirts and a jacket when I worked in a Sohio gas station 40 yrs ago while in high school

11. zbuickman

zbuickman

The old man still has his Standard shirts and a jacket. Pretty rough shape now as they were used for grubbs. anyways Standard atire a combo of blues in the late 50's.

12. You can find some of the old shirts at vintage clothes stores. They usually are in pretty good condition, you can see them and try them on (be sure they haven't shrunk from the original size). They are getting more expensive, used to be $3 to $5, I've saw some for $15-$25 last summer in Santa Barbara.