Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gas pump pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slamed tudor, Jul 7, 2009.

1. These are Canadian pumps , the two on the left were made by Canada Vulcanizer and the double is a Service Station Equipment pump

I'll post more if this works
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  2. oldgoaly

oldgoaly

here is one of mine, we are repainting the workshop. One of these years it will get redone.tt

Attached Files:

3. mow too much

mow too much

Heres my Gilbert Barker yard light.

Attached Files:

4. carbuilder

carbuilder

Here is a few pictures of a 1919 Bowser gas pump umbrella I made the customer had 2 pumps & 1 umbrella. The firs it the original I used for a pattern.
    DSCN0472.JPG
    The next 2 are of the new top
    DSCN0469.JPG
    DSCN0470.JPG
    DSCN0471.JPG

The last 2 are the two next each other the new one is 3/4 of an inch taller as per the owners request. The original was a 1 piece stamping mine was made of 5 pieces hand formed Danny.
    DSCN0504.JPG
    DSCN0505.JPG

5. lowtech36rod

lowtech36rod
    from Kentucky

Wayne 70 and a Bennett

Attached Files:

6. My 1920's Wayne 10-gallon Visible pump in Phillips66 trim:

[​IMG]

Wayne 10-gal Visible Gas Pump - Plaque.jpg Wayne 10-gal Visible Gas Pump - Light.jpg Wayne 10-gal Visible Gas Pump - with Price Box.jpg Wayne 10-gal Visible Gas Pump - Repro Price Box.jpg
    Wayne Oil Pump - 001.jpg Wayne Oil Pump - 002.jpg Wayne Oil Pump - 003.jpg Glass Oil Bottle Stand.jpg Glass Oil Bottles in Caddy.jpg
    click thumbnails to enlarge

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  7. Some gas pump art:

[​IMG]
    Vintage Gas Pumps by Steven Jenner

8. SINCLAIR Gas Station:

[​IMG]

9. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

We like em.

Attached Files:

10. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is a better pix of my restored gas pump from page1-----Don:D:D

11. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

12. This is at a friends house...neat thread.

Murph

Attached Files:

13. MeteorMan

MeteorMan

Here's an old Wayne pump I picked up at an estate sale a couple of months ago. Last ran when gas was $0.49 a gallon. Looks like someone started to 'restore' it a long time ago. The decal was sanded off on both sides.
    Can anyone tell what 'brand' it was by the paint job?

Attached Files:

14. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

15. chopper99

chopper99
    Member Emeritus

16. autobilly

autobilly

17. DMFB

DMFB

Pumps are bad ass. My favorite part about East Texas is when you get into the smaller town, a lot of old stations are still around...STILL USING OLD PUMPS....60's style. It is awesome!

18. You need to get that old pole vise. That's an old blacksmith item. Clean it up and put it to use. Really ... a collectable piece of Americana.

[​IMG]

19. slamed tudor

slamed tudor

WOW, Guys when i started this thread I had no idea that i would get this many replys! The hamb rocks, its nice to find guys with the same intrests as me!

20. I reconize the bottom pumps from my travels.

21. Here's my garage behind the house...

The Tokheim 300 pump came from an abandoned gas station in town that was being torn down to make a parking lot (back in about 1985). When I asked the bulldozer operator what would happen to the pumps, his reply was "My job is to clear the lot!" I asked if he minded if I took them (both were in pretty bad shape - dented doors, smashed glass, hammer marks on the porcelain coated faces), and his reply was once again "My job is to clear this lot! I don't care!". I made one decent one from the two and added the repro globe. A timer in the garage turnes the INCANDESCENT lights on & off (with dimmers, of course, to keep that old-timey look). No fluorescent bulb is going to give them the right "look"!!!

The Pontaic quarter panel / trunklid is a bit off-topic, but fun just the same. We found a REALLY rusty POS 4 door '55 in a junkyard a few years ago and cut the corner off using a Sawzall and my friend's generator. I just brushed on some industrial enamel after hitting it with the DeWalt palm sander and hooked up the taillight using a dashboard light bulb and a 9V transformer from an old cell phone charger. I actually put it in my VERY patient wife's flower garden as a joke, but when I started to move it a few days later she said to leave it where it was & that she liked it! Of course, I tell ALL of the kids who see it that there is a WHOLE CAR buried there.

The best part of all of this is that it is OUTSIDE where people can enjoy it. My 90+ year old neighbor came over as I was placing the big Texaco sign above the garage door about a month after I moved in to this house, and I stated that I'd be glad to "tone it down a little" if he didn't like all of the signs & pumps out there. He just smiled really big and said "I remember when gas stations used to really look like that!!!" A few weeks later, he gave me a tire pressure gauge that had belonged to his father. Big deal, right? Well, his father passed away in 1939!!! It's a "Schrader Balloon Tire" pressure gauge in a little leather sleeve. I've since framed it and it hangs in my office / car stuff room at home. I really DON'T worry too much about this stuff getting stolen because A) it is heavy as HELL B) it is bolted to the ground C) the tuner kids don't know or care about this old stuff much anyway.

I LOVE this thread!!! Keep it going!!!

Attached Files:

22. NICE JOB.....but whats all the green stuff on the ground??? we dont see that in tucson often:rolleyes:

23. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

Yellowrr very cool setup I like that buried car that looks really neat I might have to copy you

24. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

25. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Here are mine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

B:DB

26. HeyyCharger

HeyyCharger

WOW!!! Some awsome pumps and garages there.

Found this one a couple days ago and am probably gonna get it.

Anyone know anything about it??????

HC.

Attached Files:

27. I don't know much about pumps but I do know 5 gallon visible pumps are not common.

28. BOB K - I LOVE your setup!!! I've always wanted to build the whole garage from scratch and make it look like an old service station like yours! The old mag wheel for a hose reel... the old metal chairs for the outdoor "customer lounge"... too cool! I saw on another thread where someone painted the metal shell back chairs with the correct colors and put the SHELL decal on the back, and they looked really cool. Just a suggestion!

The best part of it is that I got really good deals on most of this stuff, but I am NOT saying that to brag. Really. All it takes is to walk up to someone and politely ask questions, or to be a little creative and to MAKE the stuff that you can't afford to buy outright. The gas can was found in someone's trash (a coat of spray paint and a decal later...), The flathead cylinder head was in a pile of junk in a school bus at the same junkyard where we found the '55 Pontiac, TINY's bowl came from PetSmart and the chain was laying around at another scrap yard (that's actually a piece of horse tack for his "collar"), the old warehouse light is actually mounted on some old stainless steel swimming pool handrail that the local muffler shop had laying around, and I put a normal sized floodlight base in it from Lowe's...

There is still a good bit of this stuff out there, but you have to ASK when you see it! You might really be surprised at what you can get, and for a pretty reasonable price. I can't afford to pay full retail at a swap meet for this old stuff, and I always buy repro stuff if it is just going to get installed outside. (Clear coat the repro stuff before you hang it outside! Even rattle can clear helps keep the stuff nice a lot longer.)

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  29. tradmapper

tradmapper

Here is a group shot of some of my pumps, you can see others plus ones I've bought and sold at http://pogogas.com/Pumps

[​IMG]