Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gas Prices

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nomobux, Feb 25, 2004.

1. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

[ QUOTE ]
    thanks ernie, i can see you writing the mileage down in your little book between fill ups...

[/ QUOTE ]

AARRGGHH! You caught me! [​IMG]

This week was 14.21 mpg [​IMG] Honestly, I haven't a clue what any of my cars get!

BTW, You guys gettin snow over there? We've been getting a fair amount here - no heater in the truck!

[​IMG]

2. Mojo

Mojo

Here in the high desert of CA, it seems to have leveled off at around $2.11 or so for the cheapest stuff. Monday a week ago, I filled my car up at $1.81 a gallon, and again on friday at $2.11 a gallon. My buddy said he drove past a station on the way to the store, and figured he'd get gas on the way back... well, when he drive by again they had raised it 20 cents in ONE HOUR. My poor old mustang gets about 5mpg, so it's starting to hurt me a bit more than before...

3. dadseh

dadseh

Im so glad I put the 2.78 diff behind the POWERGLIDE WHICH IS torqued by the mighty '186'CID. 27MPG
    AHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Petrol here is currently running @ $0.95/L
    Lessee..mmm .95x4.5 by 100/70 exchange rate..Aw shit who cares, Im cruisin!!

DADSEH

4. reefer

reefer

Now guys(U.S)I think you might be getting slotted on your gas prices.The price we pay over here based on price per gallon is based on an Imperial gallon(8 pints/4.546 litres)the U.S. gallon is rated at 3.7854 litres 6.6 pints?so in fact you are paying more than you think....I think!It may be that oil measures are universal and your gas is sold in real gallons...any body know for sure?

5. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

[ QUOTE ]
    It may be that oil measures are universal and your gas is sold in real gallons

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no fan of the metric system, but if you convert it to liters, we're all talking the same...

So with an average UK price of £0.83/l (LRP/premium) - converted to US$ @ $1.88/£, you get: $1.56/l

If you prefer, call the US average $2.00/USG, converted to £ is £1.06/USG then convert USG to l is £0.28/l

Either way you slice it, the UK is getting screwed w/85%+ taxes on their petrol.

Incidentally crude oil is based on barrels which are normally measured in US gallons (42), but only because the US dominates the oil market. However, it's simple enough to convert 42 US gallons to 34.9 UK gallons.

As for "real gallons", only UK & commonwealth countries used imperial gallons (I believe ALL have converted to liters) and we all know the earth revolves around America who still uses gallons, so the only "real" gallons are in America... But I 'spose you could argue imperial gallons were around first [​IMG] might have something there!

OK, all that math in public made my head hurt on a sat morn...or maybe it was the beer last night...

[​IMG]

6. junker

junker

well we are up to 79.5 cents a litre this morning in Toronto. Thats about 20 cents to high for me!!!!!

i just cant figure out how a day or two ago it was at 67 cents and can shoot right up to 79? Who regulates this bullshit anyway?

7. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

[ QUOTE ]
    well we are up to 79.5 cents a litre this morning in Toronto.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's about $0.59/l US$ or £0.32/l GBP for those keeping score... [​IMG]

-converted to gallons: $2.23/g US$

[​IMG]

8. marq

marq

$2.23 a gallon you lucky lucky lucky bastards is all i can say it's about£3.80 here which works out at hold on hold on calculate calculate $8.40...................Mad Marq

9. In Swden its about 4,94 a gallon (us)and 75-80% tax, not cheap (damn expensive) but still worth it when u drive a cool car a warm summer night with a bunch of friends and a couple of cases of beer and some good tunes.....

10. titus

titus

yeah gas prices are getting high, im just gonna put everything away for this summer and not drive em, ill dig out my old schwinn bike and ride it where ever i need to got, it just aint worth it.,

i dont think so, why does everybody make such a big fuss over it? yeah it sucks, but what can we do? nothing, ill still pay for gas no matter how high it gets, i like driving my cars, at least it runs on regular gas, stop whining and pay up!

11. DrJ

DrJ

I'm just going to get a trotter and a racing harness and tie it up in front of gas stations right after I feed it.... [​IMG]

12. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Damn, gas IS getting expensive...rolled the mini-bike out for the first time this year and rode it up to the gas station...took TWENTY SEVEN CENTS to fill it! Last year I could top it off for under a QUARTER!!!

What in da Hell is da world comin' to?! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]