Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features GAS PEDALS....picture thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Kiwi Kev, Jan 2, 2010.

1. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Cool!

2. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Very cool!

3. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Here's a Moon in my recently acquired 41 Willys. Always loved these pedals! Thanks to my brother-in-law Chris for installing it! Did a bitchen job! It may look simple but took some doing. The car had a skate board wheel mounted on a shaft at first. He was able to rework it to work with the Moon pedal. The shaft was heated up, bent 2 different ways, then twisted slightly to match the angle the pedal was mounted at. Now the wheel rolls up the back of the pedal smoothly. What an improvement! Was pretty "interesting" driving it with the skateboard wheel to say the least!

Attached Files:

4. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

I've got a pedal from an antique "Wells" dental drill, if I can find it I'll snap a pic. It has Wells cast into the pedal which is cool because it also happens to be my last name. It will be going into a Model A build sometime in the future...

5. Found this drum pedal in a barn. Not for sale.

Attached Files:

6. belair

belair

Why were some hydraulic?

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I just spent a few minutes looking for this one and it was here all along! I'm gonna replicate this in my '32 when the time comes. Isn't it Ike Iacono's dragster? Does Pat own it now?

[​IMG]

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

Easy to run a line rather than rods and bellcranks, IMO. Bob:)

9. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

I've visited this thread before but its been awhile. Very cool pedals on here. I love the speed king one. Plenty of ideas for future build.

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Is there an off the shelf return spring that most people use on these pedals, my Lyndwood needs one. Bob

11. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

So Awesome Kevin is the Coolest!!! What a neat collection. Can't imagine all the places some of these pedals have been

12. Kev doesn't just collect, he builds a mean pedal as well. He made this one for our Bonneville Lakester. I still have to add the toe hoop. Thanks Kev!

Attached Files:

• 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      256.1 KB
      Views:
  13. Kev, i thought my car's livingroom is all hung up with stuff like hubcaps, wallhangers, engine parts, fordyfives etc, but what you're collecting is way cool to me! now my brain is clean again to buy some more! ;) if i'm ever in your area i'd like to fill out a form to be in award to maybe (please) use your shop toilet, please! so nice what you're collecting and the way you do it! very nice, man.

best regards,

yours, Carsten

14. klutchmaster427

klutchmaster427

15. Ricci32

Ricci32

Hey kev here is a few from the east coast. first is a traditional moon second is a unitek cut for a modified third is a unitek, fourh is an eelco going in my vintage fed. fifth is a olsen modified pedal and sixth is a troyer modified pedal,

Attached Files:

16. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Here's one a little different than most moon pedals

[​IMG]

17. deto

deto

That is the first thing I have ever seen made from diamond plate that I like. Awesome...

18. Cool stuff guys! I have a few pedals to add to the thread but my camera died so no picture posting for a while.

19. I've been running this oh so common Moon pedal in my 40 for over 30 years now. I bought it from Dean Moon hisself at the Nats in Columbus Ohio back in the early 80's, so I figure that gives it a few extra "cool points":rolleyes::)

[​IMG]

20. Here is a neat one!

Attached Files:

21. Haha, mine is prehistoric!

22. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

I just went through the whole thread and didn't see another Unitek.
    Do I have something that rare? Or is it something that nobody else wanted?

It was given to me by a friend with the original floor plate, spring and hinge, but I decided to mount it like this.

He said it was speed boat equipment........

[​IMG]

23. Some more pedals to add.....

Got this Unitek from HAMBer Ricci32....

[​IMG]

Got this nice Nicson pedal in a trade from HAMBer Titus....

[​IMG]

This home made foot is a couple of inches bigger than any of my other pedals, bought it at a swap meet..

[​IMG]

Mac truck pedal was bought at the Fathers Day swap meet. Someone used it in a drag car...

[​IMG]

A couple more from the Fathers Day swap meet. CNC buggy pedal and a bolt on angled Moon.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A no name with a side foot rest.....

[​IMG]

24. We have a new grand daughter, my first. Full size pedal was kinda big but dimmer pedal is just right....

[​IMG]

25. THAT! is so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

26. For comparison....

[​IMG]

27. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Here's mine I have in my dragster, it was made in Irwindale CA, Tim Jones

Attached Files:

28. It's a good day...I get to bring my favorite thread back to the top. Just picked this one up. National Aluminum Co, out of Racine, Wisconsin. Don't know if the funky shape provided any advantage, but it looks cool.

Attached Files:

29. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

Here's my work in progress home made pedal.

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

Blue