Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features GAS PEDALS....picture thread

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Kiwi Kev, Jan 2, 2010.

1. ardyboy

ardyboy

picked this one up for my gasser build but I just don't have enough floor space. I probably do have enough shelf space somewhere.

Attached Files:

2. I have added the following pedals to my collection since I started this thread. Thanks to Scrape and Dennis O'Brien.

[​IMG]

This is a weird one given to me by a friend who bought it at one of the first fathers day swap meets. I think it's some sort of accessory pedal but the curved base tells me it is for something specific. just call it a banana pedal. I think it says Control on top but it is half worn off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Bought the Cal Marine pedal from Scrape here on the H.A.M.B. I noticed it is the same as a Marbet pedal I already had. Same foundry I guess.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had a gift certificate to Speedway left over from my birthday so I got a rectangular pedal. Seems more like die cast....

[​IMG]

Got this one from a buddy who races off road buggies...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. leaded

leaded
    from Norway

here mines, started custommades, some work to get straight finish of the rockabillygirl gas pedal..
    .[​IMG]

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

This is the one I'd like to find. It pretty much spells it out for ya:D. It's in a friends channeled Model A roadster. I believe it's a bass drum pedal.

6. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I have Cragar,Cal Custom,EELCO and SPE Speed Products.I figured that was about it.Talk about an eye opener.The Cragar is my favorite.

7. titus

titus

I have one that wasnt pictured here yet, i have a nicson marine pedal, i love the badge on it!

and the rest of my small collection, 2 eelco's, 2 moons's, 2 sp's, and one no name.

JEFF

Attached Files:

8. I don't know if this would be a boat/drag pedal or one of those early mo-ped pedals that you just rest your feet on. I know the really old Dayton mo-peds had foot rests made of cast aluminum. Anyhoo, y'all hear of Redmond?

Attached Files:

9. colorado51

colorado51

Damn, this thing was too big, I couldn't make it fit without cutting it up, and I didn't want to do that. Its garage art now I guess.....

10. dodored

dodored
    from Concord NC

Here is what I am running in my '34 coupe. Its a 1908 Ludwig.

Attached Files:

11. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

Found this one at the Portland Swap meet this weekend. Definitely marine, but still kind of cool.

[​IMG]

12. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

^
    i was just admiring that in the portland expo thread. cool pedal!

13. Cool thread and great pics, I love the old gas pedals

14. Philbilly

Philbilly

I have an old Eelco pedal. I want a Ludwig speed king. By the way, this is a cool thread.

15. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Kevin, this is my official notice.....the wife and I are moving into your house next week. I'll sleep next to the pedals and make sure they are safe.

16. jasone

jasone

I have had the honor of seeing Kev's collection upclose and it is quite impressive.

17. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Hers mine in my 27 ford roadster.:)

Attached Files:

18. johnnie

johnnie
    from indiana

Not sure if I am gonna use or sell this one.

Attached Files:

19. That is a Bass Drum pedal. Those were a cheap pedal that tried to play off the Speed King Name for markting.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

All three of those are also drum pedals. The Ghost is considered by many to be the finest drum pedal ever made. Speed king is at the top of the list as well. The Speed master in the middle is a 1950's Ludwig piece. The Speed King was first made in 1937 (patented in 1936).

20. coicidental this popped up, my vintage eelco pedal turned up today! cool thread!

21. Algon

Algon

Here's a pivot style brake pedal not posted and currently on Ebay.... I've seen them before but can not place where or who made it. Interesting if nothing more.

Attached Files:

22. Somebody had these for sale at Bonneville a couple of years ago. They're still out there!

Attached Files:

23. Got some more pedals for the collection....

[​IMG]

Offy....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Reproduction quarter midget Speed Products pedal, same as the Ans-Craft posted earlier with different name.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Speedmaster drum pedal....

[​IMG]

Won this on Ebay for $3.25:).......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't know anything about this one.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Here is an old King Bee pedal made by American Automatic Dev's Co. of Chicago. I don't know if they were associated with the King Bee headlights, but I would imagine they were. No date but it has a patent number of 1684613.

Attached Files:

25. A buddy of mine found an old, beat up quarter midget car in a scrap heap. Turns out it's a Johnnie Mantz car from the late '50's. Attached is a photo of the steering wheel and gas pedal, both Mantz items.

Attached Files:

26. sawzall

sawzall

Made this for the 40 woodie
    t[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  27. i really like this Offy...looks like it would be perfect for what i need in my topolino...like the way it can be adjusted.......

[​IMG]

28. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Mocked up and working good,,,

[​IMG]

After a good cleaning and some powder coatin,,,

[​IMG]

I turned the spoon into a fork.

[​IMG]

29. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Looks good glad you got it, Rainhater1, still looking at mine

30. Check out these cool dimmer pedals. They belong to a friend of mine. I hope I can find them one day for my collection. I am guessing Cal Custom on the left and Eelco on the right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are another pair of dimmer pedals. The Cal Custom on the right is pretty common but I had never seen the one on the left before I got this one on Ebay. I am guessing it is an old Eelco.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]