Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Gas pedal linkage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by greg37, Sep 28, 2020.

1. greg37

greg37
    from mi.

Hey everyone, I have a 32 Ford 3 window and I'm changing motors ( 327 chev. ) and want to put a mechanical gas pedal and linkage to the carb ( Edelbrock 4 barrel ) It now has the wire cable type and I don't like the looks or feel of it. Just wondering what others have used in this kind of setup . Pictures would be nice if you can. Thanks to everyone in advance !!!

2. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Don’t know on a 32 with a flat firewall but you some room for the arm like 55-57 Chev unless your going to have the upper arm behind the firewall. Then you need a moving seal for the rod.
    Look to what’s available for circle track race cars. Cables are not allowed.

3. I used the aftermarket spoon type gas pedal on my '32 sedan but I cut a slot in the fire wall and the upper arm is on the engine side of the firewall, that's where the cable hooks up to the carburetor. HRP

2019-03-23.JPG

4. Doublepumper

Doublepumper
    from WA-OR, USA

5. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Cobbled this up for my roadster.

Gas Pedal.jpg

vtx1800, egads, chop job and 3 others like this.
  6. Stock spoon (doesn't matter what year as long as it fits), some rod stock, vise and a welder :).

clem likes this.