Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods garza's upholstery

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynstone, Sep 28, 2020.

1. flynstone

flynstone

number is disconnected, anyone know what happened?

2. Didn't pay the phone bill?

3. ...........Maybe a little more information, like where they're located.:rolleyes:

brady1929 likes this.
  4. flynstone

flynstone

sorry la punte ca, 14960 valley blvd ...... both phones disconnected

5. jnaki

jnaki

upload_2020-9-29_11-51-37.png
    Hello,
    Google search shows it moved to 9th Street as of the Feb 2020 Google photo car photo. 113 9TH Street looks deserted, but it is next to a car dealer and tire shop.

Jnaki
    We had friends in La Puente at one time. They moved due to the weather.

6. flynstone

flynstone

7. flynstone

flynstone

odd he did not keep same phone number

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Garza Auto Upholstering was founded in 1974, and is located at 113 S 9th Ave in La Puente. Additional information is available at or by contacting Ralph Garza at (626) 333-7214.

The above snagged from here. https://www.dandb.com/businessdirectory/garzaautoupholstering-lapuente-ca-14024933.html

I guess you could call Bob's Burgers and ask if that upholstery guy is still next door.
    Bob's Burgers
    14952 Valley Blvd, La Puente, CA 91746

(626) 961-2523

9. Mike Fn Garage

Mike Fn Garage

Alright......I may have been the last person to get work done......I was there when he was Moving.....He was going to a place in Azusa according to Ralph. He has done several cars for me over the years including my 63 nova ss convertable. and my 60 rag top bug seats. at least 10 jobs over the last 25 years. I was there when his dad was alive. they ran the shop together. I took my seats to him and he took them somewhere to get them done at a temporary location he said in Azusa. this was right before the pandemic. about 2019.....Octoberish??? sometime if I recall correctly. I met him back at the shop and he delivered them there. I paid him and havent seen him since. According to Ralph, the city of La Puente. was getting sticky about his old cars in the front. They had a NEW.....set of rules. which the old cars would not fit into. He was very attached to those old rusty cars and would not let them go. I think they may have belonged to his dad. Well the shop number worked last time I talked to him.
    I was actually worried about something like this with the pandemic happening right after that move. I dont know if I have my dates correct. But it was very soon before that. With his contact info not available I almost wonder if he Died. I really could not see him going out of business with the volume of cars he was doing there. If anyone knows family friends it would be nice to know. Great people him and his dad. Very sad to need to look for another place to do my work.
    I am on youtube Mike Fn Garage. thanks Mike

lothiandon1940 and chryslerfan55 like this.