Register now to get rid of these ads!

Garage space in Chicagoland.??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dannyego, Apr 26, 2013.

1. dannyego

dannyego

Haven't been on here in a while! Got divorced two years ago, sold all my cars and moved back to Chicago. Now I'm in an apartment and my tools are in a storage locker. Found a 52 Chevy I want to pick up but I don't have any place to work in it. Anyone know a place where I can rent a garage in the Chicagoland area? One I can actually work on a car in and not just store it. Thanks for your time!

2. Probably need to be more specific, Chicagoland is a big area. When I've rented extra garages I've looked on Craigslist. I'm on the North side.

3. dannyego

dannyego

I have been checking Craigslist. No luck yet. I live in Oakbrook and work in Ravenswood so really anywhere is fine.

4. hemifalcon

hemifalcon

For a real "workspace" you would probably be better off moving a distance you don't mind commuting to work and renting a small house with a garage.. For whatever it would cost you down in the true "Chicago-land" area-renting a house/garage would probably be best.. Unless you pull the plug on your apartment and find one of those small business suites that has a large garage space with an office.. Suppose you could make the office your bedroom and makeshift your kitchen--and you obviously have a garage and a bathroom is often included... Idea--good or bad depends on what your wants/needs are I suppose..