Register now to get rid of these ads!

Garage Security...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krooser, May 17, 2009.

1. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

I have a cardboard cut out of Chuck Norris looking out my window.

The police are even scared to drive down my street.

2. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Guns Dogs not always in that order.

Attached Files:

3. havi

havi

First, they have to find it. :)

4. Maybe the relay system could power up an amp and play the sounds of gunfire, complete with both shots and bullets hitting things. I always kind of figured the sound of a bullet just missing you was the brown sound, anyways.

5. My bedroom window is approx. 30 yards from my shop, I take the "go ahead make my day" approach. A good pump shot gun is always handy, the sound of the pump action always tends to slow down a person with bad intentions.

6. GlenC

GlenC

Have to agree with the dog suggestions, but you don't need one that'll eat you out of house and home or drop a pile you'd vanish into if you stumbled over it on the back lawn!

We have a miniature poodle, an 'uncut' male. He's intelligent enough to make you feel dumb, and he sleeps on the foot of our bed. If anyone comes into our yard, even one of the kids coming home late at night opens the front gate, his head pops up and he's listening....

If it's not someone whose footsteps he recognises all Hell breaks loose. For a little tacker he's got one loud voice!

Cheers, Glen.

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Wrong!
    but im not going to name names

8. I live in a larger city with a high crime rate. I own a big anti-social dawg.
    The garage is attached to the house and that helps although there are things that I can't do in there because its attached.

No one ever knows if the dog is in the garage or the house.

9. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That works in the movies and for regular dogs, but a dog that has been properly trained as a guard dog will be trained not to eat or drink anything except something provided by their handler and in a certain location.

10. NVRA #84

NVRA #84

When I lived in Memphis one night right after cleaning and reloading my S&W 45 Long Colt I heard a noise at the back porch door. When I opened the back door and looked out, on the other side of the proch door was a man with a very startled look on his face. He turned and ran down through my back yard. I kicked open the porch door and quicklt emptyed four rounds into a large Gum tree about ten feet from the door. With each shot I swear it seems as if that guy picked up speed. I lived there for 12 years and there was only two homes on that Street that was never broken into, Mine and a guy down on the corner that was Chapter President of the Outlaws Motorcycle Club.

Get a reputation as someone that's quick to shoot first and then ask questions, theives will give you distance.

11. I've got great doors, great locks, and the few nieghbors I've got are great. Haven't had any problems on my property, but I really feel that it is because of the fact I'm known for not wanting tire kickers around, if you don't know me and my buddies don't come around unless we're there!!!! This is another reason for a good pump shot gun, 90% of the time the yell and the action of the pump sound will send them running, if that does'nt work a blast does. The tree huggers have managed to make protecting you property seem like a crime! Just like my cars I'm old school, and at that I probably give to many chance.

12. erlomd

erlomd

get yourself a car cover that will make your car look like a honda Prius...then mark all your tools in metric and make a sign sating that your neighbors are secretly rich!

13. plan9

plan9

while i agree with ALL methods here.... it is illegal to set traps in CA... its fuckin lame.

14. To paraphrase: This thread is useless without names!!

At least tell us what happened.

Cosmo

15. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Its not my place to say..if he sees this thread maybe he will talk about it, but its not my place to drop names.
    Or tell the story since it wasnt me ..again its another mans story to tell if he decides to do so..I dont go talking out of school if you know what i mean?
    Friends dont pull that shit on other friends...right?

its an ethics kinda thing..i was raised with some, im sure my friend will appeciate that.

16. RugBlaster

RugBlaster

There was a case in Texas (it was all over the news) where a guy called 911 to report a daylight burglary in progress at his next door neighbor's house. Dispatcher told him the cops would'nt be there for quite a while, whereupon the guy tells the dispatcher he'll take care of it.....you can hear on the recording the man ordering the perps to freeze and then several shots (shotgun blasts) He killed one or two criminals. the Grand Jury let him skate. the criminals, I think, were unarmed and in the neighbor's yard. That neighborhood had been the target of armed intrusions and burgalaries. For all I know he told the DA and the GJ he thought they were reaching for a weapon.

Apparently, if you feel justified in killing someone because they are threating you or anyone else with deadly force you will probably be no-billed by a Grand Jury, at least in these parts. The DA is an elected position and as such knows who puts him in office. And the criminals found a new place to steal shit, at least the one's that were still alive.

17. inkmunky

inkmunky

True, but how many people have had their dogs trained to do that, probably a small minority.

I'm not saying it can't happen but there's always a way to get around anything and everything. There's no such thing as perfect security.

18. Jeff J

Jeff J

Went to harbor freight and bought a couple of those the driveway door bells w infared beams ! have a couple down the drive and a couple in the shop and one receiver in the house ! Ready and armed w /laser on gun ,look for the dot on your forehead if you ring my bell at night !!!

19. fuck that, they are the ones that put their lifes value = to my tools. I'll horizontally ventilate immediately w/ a .40 .

20. I'm with Death Trap Man - motion-sensing lights.......along with the sound of a 12 gauge pump having the action worked. That alone will make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up! Chi-Chick!

21. Fenders

Fenders

I believe deadly booby traps are illegal everywhere, better to shoot him face to face because "I thought he was reaching for a gun and I feared for my life."

22. Back in the early nineties my great grandmother and great aunt came home to find their house with univited guests(Thieves). Much to the thieves credit they sat the old ladies down, grandma was in her late 90's by then and told them not to move. Grandma "looked very frail" they said, she told me this later in a letter.They then coninued to rob the house. They did not take grandmas purse, when they wern't looking she pulled out her handgun and stop the robbery right then with two shots and two dead scumbags. Guess the punks didn't relise she was a tuff old bird who had lived her entire life in Oklahoma on her fathers land race section of land. Born 1898 in indian territory died 1998 in Oklahoma. I believe the sherrifs comment was "good for you". And that was the last those scum bags stole from anyone.

23. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

Now heres a DOG

Attached Files:

24. ragtop35

ragtop35

someone said, If a light sleeper sleeps lighter with the light on....
    will a hard sleeper sleep harder with a .....the light off

25. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

you just have to add more to your security systems than just your ability to stay alert..perimeter devices that let you know they have crossed your property line and have secretly told you , and not let them know ..you know.....you know?

the eliment of surprise definetly gives you the upper hand...and why not..after all they have invaded your property, you get a chance to watch them , and pick your best time to apprehend them, and give you a chance to see if they are armed, or just out lookin for easy pickins..

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  26. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I parked my trailer in the loading dock next to my warehouse about 3 weeks ago with my Jeep on it. I've got 2 hitch locks...the Master Lock Coupler Lock, as well as the Master Lock Coupler Latch Lock. I also chain & lock the wheels to the axles & springs for added security.

Yesterday was the first time I had hitched my truck back up to the trailer to go drop the Jeep off (traded it for some goodies). I noticed that the keys didn't want to go into the locks to unlock them. I looked at the locks, and both of them have been tampered with. It looks like the main cover with the key slot is bent inward in the center, as if it was hit with a flat punch or maybe bent over from prying with a lock pick or something. I was pissed! I don't know if they were gunning for the Jeep or the trailer.

My multi-camera system doesn't view the loading dock area because I don't usually leave anything of value there so I don't know what went on with my locks. I talked to the guys the next building over and their coupler lock on their company trailer had the same tampering and they are an alarm/security company! I'm having them install a custom camera setup on my loading dock as I type this and at my front door that snaps a photo of any movement and sends the photos via e-mail to my cell phone or laptop. They are doing the same on the side of their building, which will also view my area, so we will have total security of our two buildings.

Kind of weird, since I'm out in the country about 8 miles from the small town, and there's not alot of activity out here. It's ok though, I've now got overkill security that you guys know about...and lots of other security features throughout that are secrets ;)

27. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

YES! That's Joe Horn! Wouldn't you like to be his neighbor? I would.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RPuM_XAo2BE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RPuM_XAo2BE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

28. Dogs and guns, more guns!

29. RugBlaster

RugBlaster

The BBC is a bunch of liberal horseshit....."Mr Ortiz was a family man too." Fuck him ....He WAS a criminal. I wonder if there was a civil suit filed on this? If there is no witnesses left and Joe has all the facts as he sees them, I'd say he'd have a pretty good case. All and all if your going to kill someone, you had better be sure of what it is your doing. Thanks for the video.

In any case, Joe Horn has balls......BIG ones.......-hat tip-

30. lowburban

lowburban

The example of the student was merely to stress how far you can go to defend in TX. Joe Horn shot two guys outside his neighbors house and that was in the city limits of one of the largest cities in the US. Bottom line don't get caught stealing stuff in TX because we can and most will handle it accordingly. The cops go on the evidence they have and if your the only witness it's hard to disprove your account.