Register now to get rid of these ads!

Garage Magazine: What do ya' think?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mytlo56, Nov 29, 2003.

1. I have to be perfectly honest: I don't think the content of the magazine is that great.

-The photography is top notch
    -The articles are well written and proofed (CK Deluxe take note)
    -The layouts are excellent

But man, for being a magazine devoted to "the hot rod way of life" it's kind of light on hot rods. Kind of a rockabilly editorial type of thing almost. Clothes, pinups, billy events, etc.

I'd just really like to see more in the way of rods and kustoms. And good God! That mermaid on the front of the current issue is freakin' FUGLY. Just my two cents.

What do y'all think?

2. DrJ

DrJ

If ya don't like it, don't buy it.
    If ya think there needs to be a better magzine and you have all the answers, publish it!
    Ya don't need a garage magazine when you're actually in a garage. [​IMG]

3. DrJ

DrJ

By the way, I just came in from the garage because it got dark and I'm hungry...and walked past this stooopid puter...dang... [​IMG]

4. I like it. It is the only magazine (well, I did get one from r&c too) that I got a personal response from. They are first rate really nice people. Good rag too.

Jay

5. I've tryed to get them to respond to my e-mails.Yeah right.I told em I'd distribute them up here in Canada but nothing.So I guess I can't really tell you what I think of the actual magazine itself........Shiny

6. Germ

Germ

[ QUOTE ]
    I have to be perfectly honest: I don't think the content of the magazine is that great.

-The photography is top notch
    -The articles are well written and proofed (CK Deluxe take note)
    -The layouts are excellent

But man, for being a magazine devoted to "the hot rod way of life" it's kind of light on hot rods. Kind of a rockabilly editorial type of thing almost. Clothes, pinups, billy events, etc.

I'd just really like to see more in the way of rods and kustoms. And good God! That mermaid on the front of the current issue is freakin' FUGLY. Just my two cents.

What do y'all think?

[/ QUOTE ]

who cares what you think, you live in seattle,,, why don't you go get me a starbucks coffee, none of that FAGGOT shit either, Just BLACK COFFEE,,, PURE and PLAIN....

They send GARAGE to seattle???

Thats repulsive,
    Maybe when it quits RAINING, you will QUIT CRYING...

your WHOLE SCENE sucks,
    even the mention of it. makes me know that you are influenced by what some CRO-MAGS put in a MAGAZINE......

It's a MAGAZINE,
    don't buy it.......
    I don't think a FEW magazines popping up here or there are going to change much......
    because nothing in the WRITTEN word will EVER take your GAYNESS away. or make your TATTOOES look STRAIGHTER

If more FAGGOTS built HOT RODS,
    there would be MORE to cover.......

until then.
    you will be in the RAIN,
    pondering some MAGAZINE, and discussing the POLITICS of it on some internet SITE..

I LIKE IT,
    the BUSINESS cards MAKE the JUNKIE BUSINESS alot easier......

germ

7. Germ, I love you. You're so kind and caring and just such a nice person. I hope some day we can meet and be close, close friends.

Cordially yours,
    Mytlo

8. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Drama Queen.

9. Germ

Germ

hahahahah.
    I'm so mean,
    I'm sorry.

back to the tabloid papers, to decide who is who in SO-CAL...

10. cole

cole

You Guys Script this stuff? classic.

Ryan, its ok to tell Jack you truly enjoy him.

Ive been OUT for some time now with him, join us.

"We want to give the Rainbow to the children".

11. DrJ

DrJ

Geeze... And I thought all the fairies were in Pro Wrestling and Football... [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. I think the magazine sucks big time. I never bought it and never will. The guys that put it together are ok but there product is not for me. I am not into what hair products Von Dutch originals models use in there hair. With all the talent they have. Its really to bad it gets wasted on that B.S. If they do a issue on 50 cts hot rod. I would give it a glance. I like MTV cribs

13. Germ

Germ

we were GAY tonight Cole,
    I made it home safe.

I'm at a lost for words Ryan.
    you hurt my feelings sometimes,,
    I'm so soft and eager....

HOLD ME NOW..

COMFORT me, from the DEMONS,

GERM

14. Jimv

Jimv

the Mag is middle of the road!! If you don't read it you won't be any stupidier,if you do read it you won't be any smarter.!! [​IMG]
    But i don't know wat my point is cause it did have some hotties in it!!
    JimV

15. cheaterslick

cheaterslick

Errr...is there something wrong with being a GAY FAGGOT? [​IMG]

16. I'm laughing now.

I like the HAMB...

17. donovandagger

donovandagger

they did an article on my friend bruce gosset....so far thats been about the only thing that excited me about the mag......OOOOOOHHHHH yeah and the chick that runs thier booth is really hot!!!! she had a nice short skirt on at billetproof.

18. DrJ

DrJ

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a joke.

If you can't take a joke, stay off the BEACH! [​IMG]

It's a joke, as far as I'm concerned anyway.
    Some of my good friends and acquaintances just happen to be gay. Big deal, that's their personal business.

19. BUICKNAILHEAD

BUICKNAILHEAD

I thought is was a social put down to call someone GAY and or a FAGGOT!?!?! [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. cheaterslick

cheaterslick

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a joke.

If you can't take a joke, stay off the BEACH! [​IMG]

It's a joke, as far as I'm concerned anyway.
    Some of my good friends and acquaintances just happen to be gay. Big deal, that's their personal business.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know what you mean I'm guilty of the same...I'm the last person to get all fuckin PC. Just thought I was on a hip-hop ricer forum by accident...hehe [​IMG]

21. Hey, I'll answer the question....and I'm not even GAY!!

I like the mag. As for not enough cars, I agree, but I don't think that's the point. This is a mag for the scenesters, whether the guys (stoner, dave perry,etc.) realise it or not. Great quality. Bugger all ads. Looks good on the coffee table too. As long as it doesn't go TOO scenester, I'll still sell/buy it.

Would like to see more interviews of builders, artists, etc. Less musical types (leave that to the music mags).

And it does say hotrodders' WAY OF LIFE...doesn't that include clothes, music, etc.???

22. nice woodie in the last issue [​IMG]

23. Haven't seen it yet but if Dave Perry is still doing photography for it then photos would be top notch.

24. Spike!

Spike!

Haven't seen the mag yet, but David Perry is one of my favorite photographers and I hear Stoner is a PA native... I think I should be sent some issues to make a more definite decission...Um..OK..just a thought.

Spike

25. quickrod

quickrod

if you don't like the garage,there's another rag called"ol skool rodz"that's pretty good so far.don't know how long it will be around,it's put out by the same guys that have "the horse"ol'skool chopper mag.they've only put out one so far,i think it's bi-monthly....by the way,it's nice to see germ likes his coffee like he likes his women...black and bitter..you suck one cock and they call you a fag..bastards

26. Michigan Rick

Michigan Rick
    from Owosso Mi.

Save your money Dude....... Right here on this very site some of the best coverage of any event is available for free and it's better and more of it. If yer lookin for a 'billy friend the dating service is somewhere else.

27. Stoner

Stoner

Holy CRAP!

How is it that I'm on the HAMB just about once every day and I missed THIS gem?

First, I have to say that you're right about one thing: If all you want is traditional hot rods and customs and everything to do with them, then save your money (on every magazine out there) and just stay on this board. There's nothing better to be found, even with all the "extra" goodies you get in and among the straight (and I use that term loosely, Cole) car stuff.

Next, I want y'all to know that GARAGE ain't just a car magazine and it ain't just a trad car scene mag. Having said that, we do have to start somewhere and there's no better place to start than with this scene. But you'll see very soon how we approach the motorsikkle scene, the lowrider scene, the digger scene and a whole buch of scenes in between. And no matter how much we all hate "the scene," I hate to break it to you, but it's a scene, nonetheless.

You're right--that chick who works the booth is HOT. Damn hot and you get to deal with her directly every time you place an order or a subscription. That alone is worth the $18. Hell, I don't get to talk to chicks like that unless I'm paying them and $18 is worth it. Cole, you know what I mean.

OK, last thing: Comments, good or bad, are extremely important to me! I hate missing posts like this, so PLEASE do me the favor of sending all your comments directly to me! Believe me, I'll respond. To those of you I didn't respond to in the past, I sincerely apologize--no excuses, just gimme another chance and we'll be straight.

I did exactly what any of you would do--I wasn't happy with what was out there, so I did it myself and now, with the help of Perry, Steve-o, that hottie in the skirt and a few guys you don't know yet, I'm DOING it. Again, no excuses and I take everything you say to heart. We'll change where change is needed, but GARAGE will always be about "The Hot Rod Way Of Life."

And Slazzen--let's go get a drink, M-Fer!

Stoner

Attached Files:

28. Stoner: I take it that that's the #4 cover (possibly). When is it due out?

Just noticed last night too issue 2 is a lot thicker than issue 3.

29. Personally, I liked issue #1 and have got to pick up the others AND get a subscription going. Keep up the good work.

Dan

30. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I love Garage Magazine but #3 seemed a little less stellar than the first 2. But the first 2 are so damn good, it would be unbelievably hard to follow either one. I eagerly await #4. Keep up the good work Stoner! [​IMG]