Register now to get rid of these ads!

Garage Magazine question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by UNCLECHET, Apr 5, 2007.

1. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Hey, I was reading the article about the lady that rides her Indian everywhere and noticed her bike had a "YETI CYCLES" sticker on it and that the article was written by John Parker. Does anyone know if it is the same John Parker that owned Yeti? He was into Indians way back. I was just curious because he gave me and some of my friends a tour of the Yeti factory back in 91 or so. He probably spent 2 or 3 hours showing us around and was just cool as hell. That was the year Roger Penske flew him out to Indy because they were working on a bicycle shock. I think it's got to be the same guy. I'll bet he's into hot rods.

2. Lucky444

Lucky444

Gotta be the same dude. From what I remember about the old Yeti, Parker was something of a gearhead. My friend had an Ultimate "back in the day" and I always wanted an F.R.O. Never got one! The revamped company seems cool, but just lacks that outsider soul thing that the old Yeti's had.

3. Stoner

Stoner

Yup--same guy, same Yeti. John has been a friend of the magazine for a few years and he's just a wealth of knowleldge and history when it comes to what we're doing.

Look for more from him in the future--he knows some shit that few other people can offer to a magazine like ours!

STONER

4. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Thanks for confirming guys. He was so unique around the mountain bike scene. He always wore like sprint car t-shirts and Redwing boots. Talked about drivers compartments when talking about bicycle fit, had tons of Indians at the factory, gave me the original Dave Aldana sticker that he made the Yeti sticker from, sold me riding gear at cost, well it goes on and on. Just a really cool guy and I'm sure his nature just makes him that much more fun around the car scene. I have a YETI FRO from 91 and it's still my favorite bike ever. It worked so good. Stable on rough downhills yet it would carve around a tree on the flats and never tuck the front end. John knew what he was doing. Tell him Matt from Kansas says hi.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Lucky444

Lucky444

John Parker Lives!!! Now maybe I should look around ebay for that FRO I never had? I kinda miss those old days, the sport suffers from what screws up most scenes...corporate corruption.

6. Stoner

Stoner

You can find him these days in Ventura, CA. He's into the Indian scene and he also puts on the Primer Nationals car show in the same town every year. His wife, Jenny, owns Trophy Queen (amazing handbags, purses, etc. made from automotive upholstery materials), so you'll see him at most shows on the west coast...

Or, if you want to reach him, email me at chief@garagemagazine.com and I'll hook you up!

STONER

7. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

Thanks for the info. I've seen his name on some articles before and wondered if it was the John I met and owned Yeti. He impressed me with his knowledge and friendliness. I hope he and his wife are doing good. By the way I want to say I enjoyed that article and the magazine. You guys are doing a great job! Well, that's enough of the ass kissing..........I'm normally an old grouch. Just kidding, thanks again.