Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Garage in Detroit area Sunday??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deescott, May 3, 2017.

1. Deescott

Deescott

IMG_7147.JPG Driving to Detroit from Phx in my A, arriving this weekend, and wondering if anyone has a garage I might be able to use for an hour to do a lil maintenance before I head back to Phoenix Monday morn. Might change my shocks, could possibly need the use of a cutoff wheel, and would like to give it the once over twice. I hate to impose, but could make things easier. I'll be in Gross point area mostly, not sure where I'm staying Sunday. Thanks in advance! Daniel

2. Let's try to keep this near the top for an adventurous soul. Good luck and safe travels, Daniel. Hope someone can help a brother out.

Wurger, Hatchet, Deescott and 2 others like this.
  3. 2935ford

2935ford

Wow, what a road trip......be safe and have a blast! :)

Wurger, Deescott and lothiandon1940 like this.

4. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

If you can make it to Chicago I can help, I don't have a lift or anything but old school jack stands and a jack will do the job.
    Plus a long road trip like that requires a Chicago style hotdog with hot jardiniere

5. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I'm an hour north of Detroit. You're more than welcome if it's not too far out of your way.

6. Boryca

Boryca
    from Detroit

I've got a garage you're more than welcome to use. Nothing fancy, but I've got everything you'd need. PM me and we can work it out. I'm in the city about 6 miles north of downtown Detroit.

Mike

7. The HAMB steps up again, help to brother hot rodders!

Hatchet, Deescott and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. Bearcat_V8

Bearcat_V8
    from Dexter, MI

If you can work in the driveway, you can stop by my place. I am about 45 minutes west of Detroit and just north of I-94. I have all the tools and such.

9. harris73085

harris73085

In Livonia, about 35 minutes west of Downtown. Again, nothing fancy, but should have anything you would need other than a welder.

10. 31hotrodsedan man

31hotrodsedan man

Im in Royal Oak. My garage is a little tight but Id be more than happy to shuffle stuff around for ya. And we can shoot about how SW 4 doors make the best hotrods ;)

11. Helping total strangers who simply have the same passion...........if that ain't spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and customs to hoodlums world-wide I don't know what is.:D

12. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

BUMP For You. Let Us Know If You Have Set It Up. Good Luck Too You.

continentaljohn and Deescott like this.
  13. Deescott

Deescott

Wow, thanks a lot guys!! Very nice of you all. Really appreciate the help. I have a thread on here- Phoenix to Detroit or, See the USA in a Model A- where I'm trying to post pics if your interested, although I'm not to great at keeping track......

RDE, lothiandon1940 and mad mikey like this.
  14. I posted on your other thread. I'm south of Detroit at I-75 mile marker 30.2 if I can be of any help.

15. tinkirk

tinkirk

I'm in the holland mi area
    If you want to visit the dutch side of the state you are welcome to use my garage,hoist , whatever tools you may need
    Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Deescott

Deescott

Thanks again everyone! The rain has us a lil behind schedule, but should be in Detroit today. I'm not exactly sure how this is going to work out just yet, will know most likely Saturday where I'll be and will contact y'all ASAP. Much appreciated!

17. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

I'm located near the Auburn Hills area (exit 89 on I-75), if I can be of any help......just PM me!

18. Deescott

Deescott

Anyone know where I can get some 600w for my banjo in Detroit area?

19. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

I'm not sure of anyone in the area that would have the 600w type oil that Mac's, etc, sell. If it's going in your banjo, 85W140 is a good oil to use.

20. Deescott

Deescott

Thank you!

21. bump up.....and best wishes for a good rode trip home!

22. harris73085

harris73085

Depends on your schedule, but stop on out at Baker's on Sunday afternoon. First meet of the year, so it should be a good one if the weather is nice. It's in Milford, North west of Detroit by about 45 minutes. 2-3 pm is when it starts to fill up.

mad mikey and lothiandon1940 like this.
  23. Deescott

Deescott

Once again I'd like to say thanks to you all for offering to help out. I was able to take care of everything and give the car the maintenance it needed to make it home safe, but it was really nice to know there was a helping hand close by. Heading to Chicago tomorrow and prayin' for good weather on down to Phx.

24. DdoubleD

DdoubleD
    from Michigan

Peace, thanks for sharing your trip. Keep posting on the return. Too bad your not sticking around cruise season just getting under way. Be safe.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  25. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm nowhere close to Detroit, but if your trip home takes you through Kansas City and you need something let me know. I'm on the west side, 5 miles south of I-70, 5 miles west of I-35.

lothiandon1940 and Deescott like this.
  26. Deescott

Deescott

Thanks a lot!

27. Have a good trip home. Love the car, she has a great look.