Register now to get rid of these ads!

Garage Find Gardner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by r8odecay, Jun 8, 2007.

1. r8odecay

r8odecay

Don't know anything about these cars, it was still in the garage of a recently deceased old man, and when I asked about it the new property owner had been told by the son of the old man that it is NOT for sale. Anybody have any experience or knowledge about Gardner?

OH, the back is painted with an old timey "follow me if you want to save 10c on gasoline, ask me about propane" or something like that. I'm still looking for that pic, but here the pics I have right now...

Attached Files:

2. vintagemc313

vintagemc313

If you get lucky enough to get this one, it's probably too rare to rod (sorry guys). Good luck!

3. I agree I'd love to rod it but it does look complete and rare. Could be a money maker, good luck, Rags

4. r8odecay

r8odecay

Oh, forgot the best part, the new property owner told us to get rid of all that rusty old car junk, so we hauled off 3 banjo rears with torque tubes, wheels, drums, a complete and spinning 4 banger, 2 trannys, BOXES full of NOS parts like connecting rods and unopened Montgomery Ward piston rings, a fairly complete chassis with front fenders and running boards, radiators and grill shells, hood and sides, and a BUNCH of other stuff. YEAH, all model A junk...

5. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

"Gardner Motor Car Co." 1916-1931 st louis, MO

example: 1930 models 136 and 140 used lycoming 70-bhp six and 90 bmp- eight.

the firm turned to hearses and ambulances in 1931 and folded a year later.

6. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

It's pretty dam cool.

7. Check out Great Cars of the Great Plains,it's a book about some very obscure american auto manufacturers.The local library had it here.Very nice find you have there.

8. knotheads

knotheads

i think this is a 1928 hupmobile!

9. Bishop Welding

Bishop Welding
    from USA

The dash is dead fucking gorgeous.