Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Garage Built Woody AA/FD

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by riceman, Feb 7, 2009.

1. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Entertaining video even if it didn't have the pop you were looking for. Props for doing the fire up in the driveway in front of God and everybody too. Since I'm not in the Holiday Inn parking lot in Joplin drinking cold beer right now, I appreciate your effort even more. Thanks.

2. GEEZZER

GEEZZER

You got it right!

3. LZ

LZ

:p:D:p

Thanks for the updates Pal. Car looks great.

4. I said not to speak of this ever again! Sheesh.
    If you guys haven't seen Rogers scratch built models, Google " Roger Riceman Lee". It's amazing stuff. Took a bunch of pics of the dragster in The Grove at Famosa! Masterful work.

5. Prostreet32

Prostreet32
    from Indy

"WAY COOL"...damn I jealous

6. riceman

riceman

Here is the results of the final fire up. My Zoomies are not coated or painted so we could read them to see the heat pattern. Sorry Dan's battery died in his video camera so no film. The fuel system is set. We ran it for 2 1/2 minutes and used up 3/4 of a gallon of 85% Nitro.

Attached Files:

7. riceman

riceman

Is Debbie your Mom ? Here is a picture of my brass model of my Fueler in 1/25 scale. Thanks for looking in.

Attached Files:

8. riceman

riceman

We may have gone overboard, but there is no question this 22 x 39'' Pushboard will work. The tubing that the 1/4'' 6061-T6 aluminum plate and 1/4 ABS Plastic is mounted to is 2'' diameter x .125 wall with 6'' radius bends. This assembly slides into 2'' x 12'' trailer hitch receiver tubes that are welded to .125 x 1 x 2 rect tubes bolted to the frame bumper brackets on my friend Mike's WIFES 63 yellow Chevy 2 Moonwagon. We'll use the center hood chrome rib for centering Brissette's grenade. I just Photoshopped the lettering on and no animals were harmed during cooking.

<IFRAME id=lwPrevFrame src="http://fe.shortcuts.search.yahoo.com/conceptapps/searchpreview/searchpreview.php?p=trailer%20hitch%20receiver&mode=preview&lang=en&location=us&fr=csc_ymailcg&predictionProbability=0&category=CONCEPT&wikiId=&extendedFrom=&visible=false&mt=preview" frameBorder=0 scrolling=no></IFRAME>

News

Attached Files:

9. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Ok. :D

10. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Roger, The pusher is cool as heck! Neat job. I never noticed the way the headers are braced on your car. Pipes look pretty evenly colored. Lippy (sunburnt and happy) in Ks.:D

11. riceman

riceman

One of my GOOD friends sent me this. WTF, Nitro Chow Mein ? Don't forget the BUG JUICE !

Attached Files:

12. riceman

riceman

Lippy, the braces are 1.000 x .058 tubing and welded up about 75% around. We left an opening for heat expansion.

Attached Files:

13. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

No cheap imitation handles here, real wire!! That is cool!! :D Lippy

14. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

I can't wait to see the car at the HRR. :cool: Lippy

15. riceman

riceman

The windscreen got a nitro bath too ! It is staying on

16. WhitePunkOnNitro

WhitePunkOnNitro
    from Middle Tn

Wow...that thing sips fuel like a freakin hybrid!

17. riceman

riceman

The Nitro is going where it belongs. Everything is still tight and round. When I drained the 70 wt nitro oil, there was hardly no Nitro smell in it and looked like I just put it in. At idle there is no load on the engine and the fuel pressure is low.

Attached Files:

18. Just outstanding........!

Be proud, you did a great job......!

a fan...

19. Rich1028

Rich1028

great post!!
    I really dig this build.

20. sinticket

sinticket

21. WhitePunkOnNitro

WhitePunkOnNitro
    from Middle Tn

Did you leak the barrel valve or set it by eye/ear? If I had to estimate the fuel consumption of a set-up like yours, I would say about 1 gpm on the stands would be about normal. I'm sure that thing was just cackelin and bangin the pipes like crazy, but there are hot spots that will develop in the chamber if you've got it set way lean, and won't be noticed until you swap feet and load it down. My experience with too lean '92 style motors is that they like to eat at the head gasket right at the top of the deck, at the thinnest part right behind the intake valve. I torched the gasket in that area twice with my first 92 because I hadn't given it enough barrel valve.

22. riceman

riceman

WPON, The new barrel valve was leakdown and primary setting was 80%, .007 air gap, 8 [email protected]'' . 13.4 GPM new Enderle 110 pump. Idle check valve set at 10psi. Recommended by Mike Kuhl.

23. WhitePunkOnNitro

WhitePunkOnNitro
    from Middle Tn

80% leak is real conservative...but even there I would expect more than 3 quarts of fuel to pass through the system with 2 1/2 minutes of running. I would make sure the idle check valve was seating...and probably up it to 90/92% leak...whatever it took to get a light mist from the pipes.

24. riceman

riceman

Here are the John Dearmore built Roller Rocker Arm Assemblies. Tomorrow I have the Smith Bros. pushrods and will have the motor ready to seat everything this weekend. These things are AWESOME ! I know these seem like over kill, but to perserve all the rest is money well spent. There are 75 Cackle Cars already pre-entered for the CHRR. so hope to see you there. Eagle Field event will have to wait next year, Sorry. Thanks for hanging on to this thread.

Attached Files:

25. OOOOoooooooo!!!! Sweet!!!!

26. riceman

riceman

Thanks Kerry, How is the Kansas Bomber coming ?

27. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

The Kansas Bomber, now I like that. Is that you Riceman, or is that Kerry talkin?

28. Not me Brian but that's a lot better than some other things it's been called. ;-) That might just stick.

Darned slow. I'm letting my wallet do some healing but will start assembling the engine very soon. I can hardly wait but am taking my time, enjoying it, and making things right. I tinkered on my Honda chopper project tonight instead.

29. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Kerry IS the Kansas bomber!!:D

30. racer756

racer756

Rice is nice!!

The Riceman RULES!!