Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Ganahl Signs new Book

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pgan, Sep 14, 2016.

1. pgan

pgan
    Member Emeritus

Hate to toot my own horn about this, but I guess I have to.
    My latest book, Hot Rod Gallery II, is finally out, as is a softcover version of its precursor, Hot Rod Gallery. I will be spending a day at Autobooks in Burbank on Saturday October 8 to sign either or both. (Be sure you have the new address (2900 W. Magnolia Bl.; 818/845-0707.) It's scheduled from 10 to 2, or whenever. Tina has coffee and donuts. I'll bring my '32 Roadster, so come by in your hot rod or custom to see who else is there, or just hang out. Hope to see you. Think you'll like the book: more cool, old, rare photos from the '30s through the '60s.

Pat Ganahl

2. I got my copy Monday. Fantastic!

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. jim snow

jim snow

Pat,Is it available at Barnes&Noble? Thanks,Snowman

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Hot Rod Gallery 1 was EXCELLENT. Gotta get me a copy of II. I'll look for it at Monroe. There are usually a couple book vendors there.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

going to be at SEMA in Nov - Las Vegas?

6. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Thanks For The Update Pat your stuff is bad ass

7. pgan

pgan
    Member Emeritus

Snowman,
    It should be at Barnes & Noble (if not, they can order it for you). You can also order direct from CartechBooks; I signed the first 100 copies, if any of these are left. Or you can try Amazon.
    Pat G.

elgringo71 likes this.
  8. jim snow

jim snow

Thanks. Snowman

9. Snowman, I got mine at Barnes & Noble in Wichita, KS. I was surprised to see it!

10. jim snow

jim snow

Thanks Sancho, I will check this weekend.Snowman

11. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Does it have an ISBN number Pat ?

12. Mine came last week. Wish I lived closer to CA to have it signed. Great book, though, and I look forward to many, many more volumes since there are still another 39,700 pics to publish. :D

falcongeorge likes this.
  13. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

book stores suck these days , all they seem to carry now is a few repair manuals. Amazon is the way to go.

14. 9781613252819

15. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Thanks.

16. pgan

pgan
    Member Emeritus

Jalopy J.: I have no plans as of now to be at SEMA. Wish I could. The days of the old Petersen expense account are long gone.
    Ratfink: Not only are regular bookstors squeezing out automotive titles (i.e., the "Transportation" section), but brick and mortar bookstores are disappearing completely. On the other hand, AutoBooks in Burbank has nothing but automotive and aircraft books of every imaginable kind, plus every type of car magazine, U.S. and foreign. Check them out.
    Dr.Dave and others: Don't be so sure. Partly because of the above, and partly because I've been doing this for 45 years, and I have plenty of projects waiting, this could very well be the last. Get this one while you can. Don't wait for the next one.
    Pat G.

17. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be tracking down a copy of it somewhere. Your stuff always makes for a good read!

18. town sedan

town sedan

Pat does it make a difference in your cut, or commission, where we buy your books from?
    I've been following your work since Jr High when you were a cub at SRM. One of my favorite things was when you souped up the Caddy while at HRM by cutting every unneeded pound possible from that barge. Good luck with all that the future holds for you and yours.
    -Dave

19. jim snow

jim snow

Greetings all, I was able to score the last copy at B.&N. Thanks again Pat.Do you want to take a vacation to Myrtle Beach to autograph it? Snowman

town sedan likes this.
  20. pgan

pgan
    Member Emeritus

To T. Sedan: Thanks for the comments, and thanks very much for asking about where to buy books. I get paid a small percentage of the wholesale price of the book, which doesn't vary a whole lot. However, buying directly from the publisher (especially) or a bookstore makes a big difference to them, since they're getting the full retail price. And I, personally, would like to see them stay in business.
    Pat G.

21. town sedan

town sedan

Thank you sir. I work in commission auto parts sales and know when trying to pay the rent every bit helps. As well as keeping the powers that be happy i.e. publishers and dwindling real retailers. With luck we will all survive.
    -Dave
    (edit): when I was a kid my folks got me a subscription to SRM because to their delight -he's reading! Always would look for your stuff first then read the rest.

22. Sakke

Sakke
    from Finland

Hi Pat. As you asked in your great new book Hot Rod Gallery II ( yes I have it in my hands here in Finland ) what readers would like to see: I would like to see more of those colourful 60`s rods and kustoms like Lil Coffin, Tognotti `32, Orange Crate, T buckets etc. I really like those cool early color photos from shows on street what ever. So I`ll hope you`ll make at least third sequel of you galleries.