Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Gambino kustoms presents a tribute 2 larry watson

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Gambino_Kustoms, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

this was sapose tobe just a panel paint job but evolved into this dave hitch is a freak like us and we couldnt help our selves so it evolved in to this and i will say this is just a drop in the bucket theres alot instore for this car (same thing happened with the starlinner)
    we had no drawing just alot of emangination and ambition theres a long list of cowaberation on this car
    and yes this will be a finished show piece
    were working out all the finish work on the top now that daves got the tail light worked out will start the rear suiside door prob this week
    later

2. studhud

studhud

Yeah if we had stuck to the plan of just a panel job I could be driving it right now! Oh well this is waaayyyy kooler!
    Dave Hitch

3. studhud

studhud

People keep confusing the two Baby Blue lincolns so I dug up this pic from sacramento last year

[​IMG]

Not sue I care for the hood ornament:D

Dave Hitch

4. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

like koolsville daddyo

wouldnt be the same holmes sides we dont have simple in are carector this lincoln will make history

5. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

ok weve been working out the finishing details of the chop we can actualy weld the top on then sort things out like quarter glass ect it makes it a hell of alot easyer to take the top off to be able to deal with stuff

weve been working on the sail panels and also the window chanel of the back glass im vary happy to say the rear glass will drop in real easy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  6. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

rear window chanell
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  7. The sail panel transition into the fender looks smooth as silk. you are the man, Mr. Gambino

8. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

thats lil daves handy work

9. So Dave, now that you sunk the window chanel, is there a panel above the trunk lid that will flush fit up to the glass then?

10. I was going to ask that same question ^^^^

Good work by the way Dave.

11. J.Barrett

J.Barrett

Dave, i always knew you were a bad ass before the hudson. and this car is amazing.

Alex, you and your crew are doing a damn good job, if i lived closer you would have yourself a body man and fabricator! i would work for you any day!!

I cant wait till this car is done. keep it up!

12. studhud

studhud

Ya you got one of these cars don't ya! Go back though the thread there is pics of the panel in the last taillight mock up pics. The panel needs to get longer as the gap between the glass and panel got bigger.

Dave Hitch

13. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

we have the stock panel from the 2 door car wich is the flat electrick back window so the panel we just have to trim it to fit then roll the edge over thats yer 40%er for the day

14. sololobo

sololobo

Damn Alex, sorry Santa didn't bring you the big chrome pieces. He was unreliable this year. I put a big fattie out for him to enjoy, but he didn't show up, so I enjoyed it in his honor. Lincoln's comin right along bro. ~sololobo~

15. I do, but its covered in snow at the moment...

16. jasone

jasone

Those taillights are the shheeet mang. Gonna be a slick ride for sure, but I expect nothing less from Mr Gambino and Mr Hitch.

17. studhud

studhud

Right on glad you dig it!

Dave Hitch

18. jasone

jasone

Ya, I really do.

19. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Tail lights are the shit indeed!
    What kind of material is that w/ the orizontal stripes? Is it the final one? or just mock up? cant make it uo from the pic.
    I agree the rear end was screamin for such treatment. bad ass.

20. studhud

studhud

Hey bonez that is just a poster board template it will be a platic lense with a crhome plated brass tube grill. For now the grill is just drawn on to Get an idea for size and spacing of the tubes still not sure right now the tubes are drawn 3/8" with 3/8" space in between the bars. Note yet sure if I like the spacing maybe closer together? What do ya think?
    Dave Hitch

21. Dave - I like the spacing as is. It's a good balance between the chrome and the tail lights. It might look a little busy with less space between the tubes.

22. studhud

studhud

Hudson heres the pics of the panel that covers the sunken glass. I got 3/8 between the tubes in the mockup if I go to 5/16" I can squeez in another bar might look good I dunno I get carried away with trying to make things look "right"

Dave Hitch

23. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

24. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Car is looking cool.
    Have you guys thought about pancaking the trunk lid to get rid of the hump at the back so it flows down better into that nice chrome surround around the taillights?

25. Looks good. I would leave the taillights as they are any more will start to look to busy I think also this is a big heavy car and I think the 3/8" will suit that more than the 5/16" which is starting to get towards the dainty side of things.

26. big creep

big creep

wow that looks awesome!!!

27. studhud

studhud

Cleatus that sounds good when you wanna cone down and knock it out?
    Haha it is a good thought I looked at it to not sure on that trunk lids are a bitch to modify and keep straight so they still fit the hole

Dave Hitch

28. I know you're just dying for unsolicited opinions, and I don't think I'd go any smaller than 3/8" tubes & spacing...as large scale as everything else is, I think anything smaller might look out of place.

I, for one, can't wait too see the thing lit up...

29. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Sure, I'll knock that out for ya.
    You can just hide the waves I create with the panel paint layout, right?

30. THEKID49

THEKID49

I have never said this to another man before, but that is one nice looking rear end. The taillights look killer.