Register now to get rid of these ads!

Galveston HAMB Reliability Run w/ Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by InDaShop, May 18, 2008.

1. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Total success. Zero car issues to my knowledge. I want to examine one of my u-joints before I roll aagin, but.....I made it home

10am Blackhorse departure, in Manvel we picked up another handful of cars. I think total cars was 25 or so. Sorry I didn't count. In Manvel, Brad asked me to lead on to Surfside as apparently I'm the only one with a Speedo that has any faith in its accuracy. I replaced Lucky Strike as 35mph on the freeway is bad juju.
    We hit a bit of rain south of Manvel and only had two hickups on the way to Surfside. The 1st was "BBobb" Brian about running a stoplight in Lake Jackson in front of 2 county mounties. In the full-on brake lockup he almost got rearended by one of the other guys in our caravan, in a chevy sedan. No bueno.
    The 2nd is on me. I've never been on the road we were on and missed a turn, Brad assured me on the cell that I was going the right way, I was not, we U-turned it.
    Once in Surfside, the beach was awesome, and at the gas stop the local cops swung in to let their presence be known. Luckily we are all upstanding citizens so they left us alone. The local bar emptied out to look at the cars and take pics.
    Continuing on up the coast towards Galveston, I saw several Public Beach Entrances, on the 3rd, it was "Right turn Clyde" and we drove a mile or so on the hardpack by the surf. There was some cool footage shot of the caravan that should surface soon.
    Once we crossed the tollbridge we all got waved through, it wasn't until tonight I saw where Brian Bobb covered it all. WOW, MAN WE OWE YOU!!!!
    The 1st stop we made on Galveston Island was Woodys Bar. The real reason for the stop was because Richard D was running late with the craw-daddys to the final destination, so we were stalling for time.
    After leaving Woodys we crusied the seawall, and did a detour through "The Strand", talk about us setting off car alarms and making jaws drop. Tim in the horn'd up '53 Chevy popped the air off and drug a good distance. An old lady was heard saying "HOLY SHIT!"
    After the Strand we hit some back streets back to the Seawall and on to the final destination beer & mudbugs.

Good times had by all! I think I clocked just shy of 300 miles in the '58, WOOT!

I took a couple pics, a bunch sucked cause I was driving.

But these survived.

Dad in his Deuce on 59 SWFWY on the way to the Darkhorse
    [​IMG]

View from the deck at Woody's, this was less than half the crew.
    [​IMG]

Pile driven!
    [​IMG]

"A" sedans anyone?
    [​IMG]

Danny put mucho miles on the Hemi today but was worth it
    [​IMG]

How Big Drew fits no one knows.........
    [​IMG]

Putting some legs on the deuce
    [​IMG]

Ryan "Hou" messin around in the bed of his '59
    [​IMG]

Brads bald head on the way to the Strand.
    [​IMG]

Caravan anyone?
    [​IMG]

I guess so.....
    [​IMG]

Chevy's DOWN!
    [​IMG]

Saltwater shrinks A sedans.....
    [​IMG]

Chevro-laid
    [​IMG]

Duece, Dueces on a row.
    [​IMG]

Tuckin' Bullets
    [​IMG]

Cooking mud bugs
    [​IMG]

Richard D feeding Chichi peanut butter, errrr crawfish.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2008
  2. Great photos Wyatt!

3. Harris

Harris

Looks like you all had a great time, thanks for sharing those pics!

4. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Even with as overcast as it was yesterday, I woke up with a nice red hot rodder elbow. GOOD TIMES!

5. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

Totally bitchin' good time. Cool weather the whole day... which was soo lucky. For ya'll not from Texas this time of year is typically nice and hot already.

Great group, good grub, one damn nice day!

Here are a few pics I snapped before my camera battery died:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike

A few more pictures from Woody's:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. ...doc...

...doc...
    from Houston

WOW, GREAT PICS.

my orange truck never looked so good!

thanks.

8. excellent pics ... thanks!

9. Brad S.

Brad S.

Just what I was looking for...

awesome

10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Great pics! Thanks for posting them. I'll be at the next one, even if I end up looking for a new job.

11. Suicide-D

Suicide-D
    from Texas

My wife got 4 pictures before the camera battery died.

I was the member in the Chevy sedan....glad I put those discs up front or there would have been carnage.

Wyatt, you were the only person I didnt meet. I will have to remedy that. I wanted to check out your truck.

Thanks
    Darryl

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

Its all good, we'll hook up again, I'm not worried, i know i'm not easily approachable, as intimadating as I am, LOL.
    I am also glad you upgraded those front brakes.
    1/2 mile from my house, I had to lock 'em up and power slide to avoid some assclown. Just part of driving old stuff, people get to gawking and run into each other.

13. bigDrew

bigDrew

Great pics and I'm glad everyone made it some safely. The valvetrain on the 455 started making some noise on the way home... good excuse for a new hotter cam!!

Brad needs to post some of that video he took.

I met most everyone and for those I did not meet I'll be sure to next time.

-drew

14. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Cool pictures looks like a fun day of cruising and downing a few suds

15. Brad S.

Brad S.

Video is rendering now....

16. hotrodtodd

hotrodtodd
    Member Emeritus
    from Houston

We had a great time. Tha beer was cold and the bugs were hot, thank you guys for all the hard work. I am so bad with names, can yall introduce yourselves so next time we meet I can put a name to a ride.

Our names are Todd and Dawn Ashby. We live near Cypress off of 290. My cousin and best friend is DOC in the killer orange 50 chevy. We have always been into bikes, cars, and trucks. I own a 1972 bagged C-10, 2000 "Rat" FXR, 2000 Fatboy, and my new 1929 Tudor sedan (THANKS CMX MATT).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. hotrodtodd

hotrodtodd
    Member Emeritus
    from Houston

18. Todd, those are some great shots. Wish I was riding along, gotta get back to work on my truck.

19. Brad S.

Brad S.

Todd!

Those are some DAMN good shots. Man I wished you'd have posted these earlier when I was stealing pictures for the damn video that's uploading! :D

Awesome time guys.

Around 9 and a half minutes at 395MB of somewhat higher resolution video getting uploaded to Youtube right now. They claim it takes 1-5 minutes for every 1MB loaded so it may be tomorrow before its up completely.

I hope Bryan doesn't have to buy his own beer for quite some time after that bug boil he pulled off.

I hope like hell we can schedule something else before the end of the year. I know we've discussed another reliability run in the bluebonnet countryside ending at Brokenspokes ranch in Anderson and we've also talked about a crawl down 146. I think we should do them both. :D

20. R.Brown

R.Brown
    from houston

Guys I had a BLAST and it was good to see and talk to everyone. Cant wait till the next time.

21. jleavesl

jleavesl
    from Houston

Hey guys, it was great to meet all of you and look forward to the next one.

John

22. cadillac64coupe

cadillac64coupe

hey todd... dont know if you remember or not but we met at the lonestar rally in 07... at the rv park..

23. Suicide-D

Suicide-D
    from Texas

Hey Todd I thought I was the only one running wide whites on the wrong year truck.....I have a 67 SWB and My 70 LWB

My 70. Static 4/6 drop

I'm in Katy off of Katy Hockley cut off

Later,
    Darryl

[​IMG]

24. 63_nova_ss

63_nova_ss

man, looks like i missed out big time. hopefully i will be rolling by the next one, cant wait!

BTW - that 72 longbed p/u looks great.

25. '67-'68 front clip?

26. Suicide-D

Suicide-D
    from Texas

Yeah she's like that Johnny Cash song. 67 front clip, 72 suspension, brakes and rear end and a 72 cab to be installed this summer.

it's where my username came from....

[​IMG]

27. Suicide-D

Suicide-D
    from Texas

Yep about 3 years too new.... I'm Suicide-D on that board and 67-72chevytrucks.com. But I don't post overther much anymore... I'm too busy looking at this board. I'll bring the 67 up to the Darkhorse one weekend when I get the floors finished.

Sorry for the hijack.

28. Lucky77

Lucky77

Those are some great pics, looks like everyone had a good time. Oh, and by the way that orange Chevy five window pickup is OUTSTANDING:D:D:D