Register now to get rid of these ads!

GALAXIES!!!!! Let's see some '60-'63's!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KIRK!, Jul 17, 2006.

1. 61wagon

61wagon

Some Pics of My 61 Wagon

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lgh1157

lgh1157

Heres my new XL 64:

[​IMG]

3. I loved my old '63 even if it was a more-door..Wish I had another.

Attached Files:

4. lgh1157

lgh1157

saltflataddict you mean you wish you never sold it ?

When i had my 63 i didn't realize how much i liked it until it was gone - hence buying the 64 last weekend

5. Cool wagon. I know where there is a red '61 wagon sitting. It's been sittin' in this guy's driveway for years in Pasadena, MD. I remember it being for sale at one point. It's red with a white roof and has spotlights. I'm pretty sure its still there.

6. well yes and no, I had to sell it to build my hot rod, but wish I could buy another or buy mine back. You sold that red '63 you had??

7. silver_leyva

silver_leyva

hey saltflataddict, i don't have a four door or a boxtop for sale, but i do have a '63 1/2 fasback if you're interested.

8. lgh1157

lgh1157

Yeah bro, i sold it, bought a buick and now i have a 64, XL, 289.

Love them Galaxies and im gonna keep on lovin em

L

9. Same here i had a 64 then i traded it for my 55 plymouth now i'm going to trade the plymouth for another galaxie!

10. thanks, I wont buy another more door, but I am broke right now. thanks again.

11. Jaker

Jaker

Do you suppose that if someone was sitting in that car on the other side of the country.... that they would be in a Galaxie far, far away?

-Jake

12. lgh1157

lgh1157

thats fuckin hilarious dude LMAO HAHAHAHAHhaahahah :D :D

There is something about them, i think its because alot of people dont have the patience or money to get them where they want them [ that was the case with my 63 and now im back with pure vengeance:D, alot of people over look 62,63 and 64 Galaxies because they are FORDs or because they dont think they could make a cool custom - i've already seen alot that dis-proves that theory.

Heres one right here :

[​IMG]

L

13. silver_leyva

silver_leyva

"There is something about them"...

you're so right!! there's just something about Galaxies! my first Gal was a '68 (that was a gift from my wife and still have it), 390, 3spd auto, a/c, am/fm, and 43k original miles! it's not a muscle machine by any means but with all that torque that 390 really lugs that 2ton heft to 60mph in under 7 seconds. but after having one i was hooked, i had to have another one, preferably early 60's. about a year or two later we found a '63 by mistake. now it has to go :( but i know i'll be owning a few more in the future. i gotta have more!

14. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

The green one is for sale. Its a friend of mine's if your interested I can call him and get the info...

15. mikef1331

mikef1331

Great pics guys all sweet looking rides. There's a '63 4 door for sale just up the street from me. This thread is giving me ideas, I'm gonna have to go check it out now.

16. Here is my buddies '64 and mine... very cool cars, I've really fallen in love with them. I've gone more cruiser with mine, it's lower then it looks in the photo, and I've tossed some dual antennas in the back that you can't see that I like a lot. What I've always found neat about them is they loook awesome as a muscle car but sweet as hell as a custom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. 63galaxie

63galaxie

18. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

I know it's a different year BUT Anybody got a picture of JerryHarveys 65 " Quiet One " Galaxie??

19. My 63

Attached Files:

20. lgh1157

lgh1157

i like this car alot, i have pics of it saved in my files

L

21. 133

Nassau, your '63 is bitchin. i love the flames.

22. r.page

r.page

thought i'd stop snoopn' around and actually chime in...so heres my little 63 that i just got a couple months ago. im planning on going bellflower custom. i already have rims and bellflower tips for her. any and all suggestions would be appreciated though.:)

Attached Files:

23. eric

eric

NASSABLUE, lets see more pics of your ride man!!!! did you build it? i've dug your paint job for a real long time!!!

24. 55caddy331

55caddy331
    from Dallas,TX

great looking galaxies guys

25. lgh1157

lgh1157

26. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

This one is just right. Nice, very nice.

Some of the Locos Banditos cars are really cool.

27. Big Blue Car

Big Blue Car
    from Orlando FL

Ok so here is a pic of my Dad’s car. This is a original Factor Lightweight car. Now for the bad news, he sold the car just before I was born (1971) he sold it as a roller (because he just blew up the 427) for $700.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
    I could always tell he has regretted getting rid of it, now he has another 63 ½ with a 427, but it is not an original “R” code car.

Attached Files:

28. draggin ass

draggin ass
    BANNED
    from hell

this one pisses me off, a totally restorable 61 two door.... that some asshole has to cut the dash out of! someone go save her from more assholes please. someone took the rear backing plates and drums too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Hey, that's mine!:cool: I remember this was at 'Paso' a few years ago, parked right next to the kiddie's sand box. That's 'Juke Joint Johnny's' purple F-1 in the background. My '62 has a built '66 428 in it. Fast! It had a C-6 trans in it with 3.50's in a 9". Now it's got a Chevy 700 R-4, with 3.25 gears in the rear. Much better on the freeway! It's got 2" dropped spindles & disc brakes in the front. Notched frame & 4-link in the back, and fully bagged. Gas shocks on all corners too, even very low, it rides like a dream!
    This is a cool thread, never saw it before. But, in calling for Galaxies, the '64 HAS TO be included too! The '64 is my favorite, even though I own a '62.
    Here's a couple pics of it at 'Mooneyes' show a few years ago when the show was in Whittier....
    Galaxie .jpg
    Galaxie & Buick.jpg
    My buddy, Jason, leaning on my Buick, pretending it's his.
    Jordan's Galaxie.jpg
    The Galaxie my nephew picked up a few years ago for 900 bucks. SCORE! it's only on my trailer 'cause we didn't want any hassle from the cops for driving it home with expired registration.

30. moefuzz

moefuzz

Hey,

Does 63 1/2 count??

At a friends place last weekend...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

An Original Pencil Sketch, circa 1986..........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I shot off a couple hundred pics of about 65+ cars throughout his various shops and garages that evening, This Nice Galaxie was among many goodies he has on the farm (and about a dozen duece's).

moe