Register now to get rid of these ads!

GAAH!! please help, i'm at my wits end.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtball666, Apr 12, 2011.

1. dirtball666

dirtball666

2 weeks ago i ordered a new carb kit for a stromberg ww for my 57 buick special, it's a 2 barrel. i ordered from carburetor doctor. i should have trusted my natural gut feeling about doctors to begin with. i've been sitting at work staring at my hands, wondering why they were working on the car. waiting by the door for the mailman. NOTHING! got a damn email today saying they are refunding my money because they dont have the kit. best of all was it was through paypal, they didnt even send me a slightly personal email..if you listen quietly, you can still hear the echos of my heart breaking. can anyone please guide me to a site where they don't only have 4 barrel kits for 350s. i have a 364 nailhead, 2 barrel stromberg ww, parts number 7-106. i am having no luck. thank you so much.

2. local parts store can't help you?

3. 53 hemi

53 hemi

I ordered a kit for a WW-108 a couple years ago from Andy Bernbaum - oldmoparts.com. I've had good luck with that company for years. Call them in person. Good luck.

4. SpeedJunkee

SpeedJunkee
    Alliance Vendor

I use a place out of Florida for most of my kits, they have them in stock.

5. buickbybirth

buickbybirth

ACM Auto Parts in Midtown Tennessee. The owners name is Adcox. Ask for him as he is the only one in the store that still uses the old books. He found a lot of rebuild stuff for me on my last 57 project. I have a real nice 57 carter 4-bl setting on the shelf but that doesn't help you. Also theres a studebakerparts.com that has some rebuild kits that might be what ur looking for. Good luck.

6. 61falcon

61falcon

7. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

8. Jokester

Jokester

9. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

The ww came on everything, go to your local parts store, if they arent retarded they should be able to get you one

10. dirtball666

dirtball666

thanks guys. i'm going to napa today, i live way out in the sticks, not too many auto shops in the area.

11. Abomination

Abomination

12. Abomination

Abomination

Exactly.

~Jason