Register now to get rid of these ads!

FYI when ordering through Wheel Vintique!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lotus, Nov 2, 2010.

1. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I got the artillery wheels that are on my 37 Chevy p/u from the Wheelsmith and was very happy with the wheels and the dealing with the company,I will be yanking the aluminum wheels off my 55 Ford and going with a stock steel wheel and will be contacting them again for those rims plus I need to get a spare for the 37.

2. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Try RallyAmerica they are a family business and are alliance vendors.

3. blackrat40

blackrat40
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for the "heads-up" lotus!
    I would have probably overlooked their return policy also.
    I'm just a small time "idiot" but have no desire to deal with
    arrogant sellers.
    I appreciate the warning so we will all be more careful checking
    the policies of those we send our business to.
    WV is off my list. I feel sure they don't care either.

4. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

It's Wheel Smith for me or nobody. Bob has treated me very well even when we found a problem with a trim rim purchased but not used (long story) for several years. Sent a new one at no cost, including shipping, and said to put the defective one on the garage wall! Y'all take your chances with whoever you want but I and a number of fellow club members have all been very pleased with Wheel Smith for some time. Just one fella's 2 cts.

5. stevilknievel

stevilknievel

Wheels Smith was great. I ordered some custom back spaced artillery wheels for my Hudson from them. They came out great! Wheel Smith gets my vote.

6. m.ralph

m.ralph

I'm glad I read this information today, I called Wheel Vintique this morning and was ready to order some artillery wheels and caps from them tomorrow morning. So they lost a sale from me for over $700.. Seems like that hub cap return costs them some business. I will not do business with a company that has a "no return" policy.Poor customer relations is not good for a company now days with all the competition.

7. tedster

tedster

Just like everthing good and bad experiences.
    They were very helpful in making sure I got what I wanted and also made sure they were correct for fitting. I would use them again for sure.

8. Cyclone GT

Cyclone GT

How can anyone do business like that now a days?

9. eightbanger

eightbanger

Wow. I wish I had read this post before I gave those ASSHOLES $2500 for Skylark wire wheels that are ALL leaking air through the spokes! The manager/ Customer service rep is business moron. They boast about quality control on the website, but never tested the wheels for leaks. My local mechanic is now fixing my wheels and WV will only offer to pay for material to fix. Not labor. I'm pretty sure I paid for labor to have them built incorrectly. I will NEVER do business with them again and will tell EVERYONE I know not to buy from these crooks!

10. Artie B

Artie B

I had ordered 16" chrome rallys from them years ago and they arrived to my door step rusted and they would not work with me on them, wouldnt even exchange them out for a lesser priced bare wheel. They are definately a POS company with a shitty customer service dept. Im really surprised that they are still in business.

11. CH3NO2JAY

CH3NO2JAY
    from Chicago

I always try to pay via credit card so you can dispute the payment, but that's just my practice for my own insurance...

12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Yes, it is for your protection, but keep in mind if you dispute a charge the credit card company will give you back your money.

But they (the credit card company) are the ones that take the hit. Very seldom can they get the money back from the company you did business with.

So yes, while you are using that for your own insurance, you and the rest of the credit card customers are paying for it.

Why do you think the interest rates are so high when you carry a balance ? To cover these sorts of things, not to mention fraud etc.

13. felix37

felix37

Thanks for the heads up! I will get my rims somewhere else.

14. gal6xie5

gal6xie5

I have to disagree. When there is a dispute between the customer and the company, the Credit Card takes and holds the money from the company. So the CC gets their money no matter what. Most of the time they take it without the company's knowledge. The will only refund it after the dispute is handled.

15. hemifalcon

hemifalcon

I filed a dispute with the BBB regarding Wheel Vintiques business practices this morning. I ordered a standard set of wheels that were reportedly "on the shelf" and after 5 weeks of waiting, lack of communication, continual bullshit from the aforementioned "Hector"--I asked for my money back ($407.37) and now 8 work days have passed with no money back in my account. I will be contacting my bank tomorrow to strip the money from them since their imcompetence is at an all time high--or is it low....