Register now to get rid of these ads!

FYI when ordering through Wheel Vintique!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lotus, Nov 2, 2010.

1. 1936hotrod

1936hotrod
    from RI/CT

I was dealer for them...pretty good quality but WTF using FEDEX my wheels were getting lost,bent.Found one set of wires i had custom made for a 33 ford pickup in a snow bank at my neighbors shed (3 weeks laying there) Told them send UPS and i will pay they said NOPE....so they are gone. Customer/ Dealer service sucked.....

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  2. Truckedup

Truckedup

Ordered steel wheels from Summit,I believe they were Wheel Vintiques. A big sticker on the wheel clearly stated " you mount tires on them ,you own them.
    More or less,if you buy non OEM stuff and you want to return it,and it's not an issue with quality,I think you own them.

3. BulldawgMusclecars

BulldawgMusclecars

Whether he called or not, thats a shitty policy, and its worded in legalese (rather than just saying "no returns"). I doubt a company with a policy like that would give someone an ironclad guarantee that it would fit, and back it up by accepting he return if it didn't. There are too many people selling all this crap to put up with lousy service. Next!

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Still like their products, they work great for me.

5. 35hotrod

35hotrod
    from Duvall, WA

Have been considering a set of their wires for my 35, am now reconsidering.

6. Francisco Plumbero

Francisco Plumbero
    from il.

That's how they have been for a long time, through Summit too, I buy one trial cap for a rim, if it fits I buy three more. Better to get poked for one wrong one than four. I have a few hub cap clocks around the house.

7. Truckedup

Truckedup

From Summit Customer service,there's more to it but this is what applies if you buy wheels.Otherwords,be sure what you're buying.If it ain't a stock 14x7 Rally Wheel for a early bone stock Camaro ,how can any wheel maker guarantee fit?

8. MODELA30

MODELA30

That sucks!!!!! Now a day there is no care for customer service. A business owner should know that if you do good to the customer they tell 3 to 4 people about there good customer service, but if they get a bad transaction they tell 15 people. So it would be wise just to take the caps back and try to resell them or just eat it as a loss. Knuck from indiana.

9. HRod 50

HRod 50

Crazy, I'll go as high as 20% increase in price just for cutomer service. I think a compay that stresses CS knows they have a good product, and care about their customers.

Summit Racing is awesome! Have spent, Oui, lots of dough there,and have a smile on my face... Screw Vintiques I wont ever buy from them...

10. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

Just got a voicemail from WV saying for me to call them as they would very much like to work it out with me. I will give them a call after work. Looks like I will be able to return these non fitting brand new caps and get the correct ones.

11. Weasel

Weasel

Wow - a political U turn - now they're gonna be all sweetness and light. But the truth is their attitude sucks and I still won't do business with them ever again period.

12. Ole don

Ole don

I called them once and asked for a wheel cataloge. They said the mailings go out every 8 weeks, and it just went out last week. I called Coker and asked for a cataloge, it was at my house three days later. I ordered the wheels, and they were there in a week. The kicker? The new wheels were in Wheels Vintique boxes, still sealed. Wheels Vintique clearly does not understand customer service.

13. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

This thread and all the others like it re-enforce what I know about dealing with people and customer service.

They also make me glad that I don't deal with people to sell products or provide services on a regular basis.

My son worked for a while at an equipment rental company renting tools to people.

He said that for the most part the customers were all freakin idiots. They wouldn't listen to how to operate a piece of equipment, then rant and rave when they broke it.

Then they would expect not to have to pay for it, or would want a cheaper rental rate after they brought something back late.

As far as I can see not much has changed, most people are unreasonable idiots with unreasonable expectations, you can't make them happy no matter what and they will never accept what they did wrong in any part of a deal.

Most of the time their troubles come from being just plain stupid. !!

And they always think they are right !

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Hey fellas, Wheel Vintiques is a sponsor of The Jalopy Journal as well as an Alliance Vendor. To put it shortly, they are one of our largest supporters. They were also one of our first... I really like the folks over there and can't say how much I appreciate what they've done for this site. They are heroes.

That said and as you all know, I don't allow sponsors or vendors to run the content on TJJ or the HAMB. That would be counter productive to the community and at the end of the day, the health of this community is my most important priority.

However, I'm also confident that we have a lack of communication here. This kind of thing just happens... Hell, I'm sure I've pissed off a customer or two in my life as well.

Point being, I'm confident you guys are good customers and I know that WV is a good company that is run the right way.

I tried to get a hold of my contacts at WV, but they are at SEMA at the moment. So... I'm left to my own devices. But that doesn't leave me handicapped. Here's what I'll do:

If for whatever reason WV doesn't take Lotus' caps back, I will personally give him a full refund. No sweat.

15. Ryan your a class guy.....respects to you for that,however Ive dealt with WV a bunch over the years and they have ALWAYS been a standup company..........

16. Never had a problem with their products, I've ordered custom built offset rims through Summit Racing and had them at my doorstep within 3 weeks! Quality was always good their caps always fit good. Like I said I wont order them directly from Wheel Vintiques because of the pricing. The very first time I order WV's I called them and the customer service dude told me they encourage customers to order them directly from a distributor that they don't like dealing with the general public? Otherwise I will still order their product!

17. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

It's cool, some people arent meant to run a business for profit. To be successful, you need customer service, you need flexibility. Bottom line. It sounds like vintiques does have that. They are going to accomodate our friend here which is the right thing to do. Kudos to them. I know most of the folks responding on this thread, they're not idiots. They're not unreasonable. Show some respect.

Word of mouth is the most valid feedback to me. If Ryan says they're gold, they're gold. After reading this I'm sure they'll hook up Lotus and make it right. We need to respect that and give them their credit. You can definitely measure a company by how they resolve conflict.

18. Not going to get into if they did or if they didn't, or if they have clout here or if they don't. Bottom line, any business in todays economy really needs to take a step back, and assess all of their business practices..there are fewer people today with disposible incomes then to be treated with anything but the utmost respect. If the company fails to appreciate todays customer, in todays economy, they simply do not deserve to be in business. Continuing to do business as was done in the past, will result in your business being a thing of the past. Cherish that order/customer, it is what pays your bills, and keeps your doors open.

19. wheelkid

wheelkid
    Alliance Vendor
    from Fresno, CA

How where these ordered anyway? It seems like Joe or Eric would have asked you what type of wheels you have and would have made sure they fit before they the order. That's what I would have done anyway. They're bullet caps fit smoothie and rally wheels. It seems like that would have come up when you were ordering

20. gal6xie5

gal6xie5

Your right Wheel Kid. I work with Joe alot and when I'm ordering caps, I'm always asked what type of wheel they are fitting on. It makes me ask my customers what type of wheels they are running, for the most part the guys don't know the difference and I have to explain the difference to them.

The guys at WV are great in my opinion.

21. brawal128

brawal128

I reccieved my wheels from Wheels Vintique and took the 750 rear tires to get mounted and they couldn't fit the tube stem through the rim. They said the hole in the rim was too small. So, I had to drill the hole out to 5/8". I called Wheel Vintique and asked if it would be ok to drill the hole out. The guys response was " We don't deal with tubes.". This went on for a few minutes, the guy kept repeating himself " We don't deal with tubes, only tubless tires.". So I asked him if there was anyone who knew more than he did, his response was " No, theres not.". What has happened to customer service these days??? Is it really that hard to answer a simple question. I called Coker and a guy gave the answer I was looking for with no hesitation.
    I called Wheel Vintiques back to talk to a manager and explain the unsatisfactory customer service I received the other day. And guess what, I got the same guy I talked to. He was the manager. I explained to him how I was dissatisfied with the response he gave me and told him he would not be receiving any business from me or my friends. His response, "Well, I'm sorry that you feel that way.". I guess there are still people with no business ethics out in the world.

Let's just say, I will not be buying from Wheel Vintiques again.

F those guys, their customer service is that of a 3rd world country.

22. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Personally, I'm only aware of one successful large company that lets you bring merchandise back if you just didn't like it, or it didn't fit. Most companies will provide one that DOES fit. In the case of hubcaps, it was probably silly of you to make an order for four "just to try them out" without at least asking the company about their return policy. They have a tech number....shouldn't have taken too long to find out whether those caps were going to be compatible with your wheels. You order something from my outfit - you pay upfront, and you're delivered exactly what was ordered. My service is user-specific. When we perform that service for you...it's of no use at all to anyone else - by federal law. When Wheels Vintique or any other manufacturer/vendor sends you the part you ordered, which was adequately described in their catalog, it's hard to complain. Either you don't have much experience with aftermarket products (they're seldom a dead-on match) or you really were not operating in what one would consider their own best interests.

Sounds harsh, eh? Fruits of experience my friend. The buyer has some responsibility, and it's not always the vendors' fault.

dj

23. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

First off. Ryan, thanks for the offer but I am sure i can work it out with WV. Thanks again but I would never expect something like that from you.
    Second, I never meant to bad mouth WV. Just the customer service policy. I have worked retail for many many years off and on and have never worked at a place with this tight of a return policy. I wanted to make sure others knew about it so that they make 100% sure they get the right part the first time.

The part I ordered bullet caps seemed like it fit a ton of wheels but not mine obviously. And yeah, upon second look there is no comma between OEM and rally.
    http://wheelvintiques.myshopify.com/products/bullet-caps

The ribbed rings i bought with the same order fit and look great.
    http://wheelvintiques.myshopify.com/products/hot-rod-trim-ring

and back to the return policy there are TONS of places that take things back if you order the wrong part.

MP Brakes
    JEGS
    Summit
    JP CYCLE
    Sears (pretty much any chain store)
    speedway motors
    Brothers has a 20% restock fee (may be subject) but i have returned and they have never charged it.
    I could go on and on and on with places that will take back a part if you order the wrong part and are returning it in new condition.

It is more of the norm for places to take stuff back in a timely manner if it is not special order and is in new/unused condition. It is a smart return policy since most customers will remain happy and order more parts.

Hell, if and when I do the return of the caps (just got the voice mail) they will be getting more money out of me for the spider caps.
    http://wheelvintiques.myshopify.com/products/spider-caps
    Its not like I am trying to screw them over.

I have bought 2 or three sets of OEM powder coated steel wheels off of WV in the past and I was a happy customer which is why i went back to them for these caps at a higher price vs going somewhere new.

bottom line it was my fault for ordering the wrong part via the web and for not knowing the return policy and props for WV for calling me back so we can work out a return.

Thanks again Ryan...you are a stand up guy and finally after way too long on payday (friday) i will becoming an alliance member.

24. fuelmedia

fuelmedia
    from Clovis, Ca

Sorry to hear about the bad experience you had with WV, it should have been taken care of in a more professional manner!

Just so you guys know, my company co-ordinates all the marketing and advertising for WV. So, if you guys have any issues with WV and can not get rectify the situation with them directly, please feel free to drop me a line. I will make the problem right anyway I can.

CJ

25. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

Just curious if you had a pic of the rims you wanted to put those caps on?

26. doctor chip

doctor chip
    from Delevan NY

This thread is getting some age on it, butI'd like to put in my 2cents. Sponsor or not - their customer service stinks - I'd never order from them again or recommend them. I bought 5 of their oem style rims through coker tire at Carlisle with trim rings. I got baby moons for them and they wouldnt fit. I called them and they said since I didnt buy directly from them they couldnt be sure they where actually their wheels (even in their box with their number through their distributer). They said their baby moons would fit their wheels, so I reluctantly ordered a set from them. Guess what.......didnt fit ! Called again and they said I could return them minus a hefty restock charge. And all said with a lot of attitude. They suck greatly.

27. Nothing against Wheel Vintiques here. My experience is that most companies will swap out parts that don't work for ones that will or they have a restocking charge if the part is not swaped out.

Whell Vintiques has probably been stung one time too many and developed a non return policy because of it. It sounds like they are willing to work with you. Give them a chance to help you and then if that doesn't work pitch a bitch.

28. RichG

RichG

Two posts on the forum, both of them putting down a dealer/manufacturer... huh.:cool:

29. doctor chip

doctor chip
    from Delevan NY

I actually have quite a few posts under "elsdvm". - had to set up a new account because of password screw up. During my build I have had great customer service from many sources - Bob Drake, Mac's, Sanderson, Edelbrock and others. I'm not a whiner but I will call a spade a spade - and my experience with WV customer service was bad and I related it truthfully to others. If you dont agree - your welcome to your opinion.
    By the way, I ordered 5 (on their recommendation) to try because it cost just as much to ship 5 as 1.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2010
  30. gasser300

gasser300
    from Ft Worth

I use Pete Paulson for my wheel needs. Really cool folks over there.