Register now to get rid of these ads!

FYI when ordering through Wheel Vintique!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lotus, Nov 2, 2010.

1. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

All items ordered incorrectly can not be returned.

I bought 269 dollars worth of caps that i THOUGHT would fit my steel wheels and they refuse to take them back. Bought them two weeks ago brand new still in the box and they won't work with me.

They say it is on their website. I have not looked but even if it is that is not the way to do service on non specialty items.

Just a heads up incase you are deciding to order through them or someone else....choose someone else if they have a better return policy or make sure the part will 100% work for you.

EDIT:
    Just got a voicemail from WV saying for me to call them as they would very much like to work it out with me. I will give them a call after work. Looks like I will be able to return these non fitting brand new caps and get the correct ones.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  2. djust

djust
    from Oklahoma

Good to know.

3. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

I am now on their site and here is where they got me...

This warranty is the only warranty covering wheels or accessories. THERE ARE NO OTHER
    WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

http://wheelvintiques.myshopify.com/pages/refund-policy

Still a shitty return policy.

4. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Did you try and fit them to find they didn't fit?
    If you did they are used and their policy is quite clear.
    Why would you even think they'd take them back?
    Or am I missing something?
    How can they control stock and ordering if people buy stuff 'just to see if it fits' and then want to return them?
    Then you return them in 'perfect' condition,they find out they are not so legal battles ensue.
    Their way is the easiest and least complicated for them.
    Bob

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  5. That sucks Lotus....I was gonna buy some of their bullet caps just to see if they would fit....and figured I could return them easily if I paid for shipping. Guess I won't be trying that out. It's crazy they would do business like that with specialty stuff. I mean as long as they arn't scratched they should be retunable.

6. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

From what i read on the website I "assumed" they would fit. I was actually wanting to return them to get spider caps that bolt on. When I looked at the cap i thought it would snap on around the outside of the inner lip. They go on the inside and my wheels do not have anything for them to grab onto.

If it had been any other place I have ordered from in the last ten years it would be simple. Return it...get the correct part. This is the first time I have ran into this situation which is why i am alerting others to it.

7. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

If he only tried one and it didn't fit, they should have AT LEAST taken the other 3 back. Bad business practices as far as I am concerned.

8. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

It is just a bullet cap. As soon as I held it up to the wheel i could tell there is nothing for it to grab a hold of. All four are still brand new in the same condition I got them. I agree it is a bad business practice.

I could understand if i ordered a steel wheel with a special offset/pattern. something no one else may want. But this is just a general accessory item that I could have bought from anyone. I ordered from them because they are in Fresno and I am in Taft and it is close and I had ordered from them in the past.

no more though. There are plenty of places with a better return policy.

Now, I am going to have to track down a friend and convince him to trade wheels with me, pay for all the tires to get unmounted/remounted/balanced for both of us so i can use the caps. PIA but...it is not the end of the world.

9. You assumed
    Means made an ass out of you and me
    ASS U ME
    Not their fault.
    Just my .02

10. Lotus..I justed emailed them..they lost my sale...4 rims with caps...thanks for the heads up...rallyamerica is my next choice..!!

Dame... the email bounced back...wondering what is going on...I copied the email address off the home page...???????..

11. Topper

Topper

I appreciate the information. I am looking to order some painted wire wheels and they were my first choice. I will look somewhere else. Thanks again.

12. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

poor customer service is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. i understand some type of an official return policy is necessary to protect themselves, but lets be reasonable.
    i appreciate the heads up as i too have been looking at their wheels lately. they are certainly not the only game in town.

13. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for the scoop!

14. BJR

BJR

A few years ago I ordered a set of Buick Skylark wire wheels from them. They took for ever to get, and I had to send two of them back because they had 1/4 inch runout and the hub of one had peeling chrome! It took even longer to get the 2 replacements. I will not do business with them anymore.

15. Had a similar experience a few years ago with classic camaro. Ordered two early rally wheels - painted. Shipping to Canada - with all the duty, extra shipping costs etc!!! Wheels arrived and were chromed! Called and was told to ship them back and they would ship new ones. I'd end up paying shipping back, new shipping again and import duty again! They didn't cost that much!!! I now have two chrome 14x7 rally wheels sitting in boxes in my garage - maybe someday I can sell them. Too bad because I won't do business with THEM again...

16. lawman

lawman

Thanks so much.Thats good info.Tom (Tired Old Man)

17. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

If you want wheel vintiques parts, order them through summit racing. Its cheaper and they will accept the returns.

18. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Appreciate the warning---

19. I order my Wheel Vintiques rims through Summit Racing, you would be surprised what they stock thats not in their catalog. And cheaper than ordering right through Wheel Vintiques plus the freight is cheaper through Summit. Summits return policies might be different to not sure on that one!

20. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

seems to be a common problem with most wheel companies-guess most all learned that poor customer service is the way to go.

21. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

You're right it's not their fault. That doesn't mean lotus is trying to pull a fast one on them. It's a legitimate return, and even though they stated on their website that they don't take returns it's still a poor business practice that just ends up pissing people off and alienating customers. It just cost them at least $1000 in business here on the Hamb. I don't have anything against Vintiques, but I do hate it when the folks at some compaines fail to realize the basics of customer service and drill it into the head of every employee that interacts with the customers. Business is earned. They are well within their policies in denying that return, but they deserve the result.

22. Weasel

Weasel

So are Rally America - Wheelkid and Early Wheel Co - jason@bearmetalkustoms. I would sooner order from either of those guys than Wheel Vintiques any day.

Wheel Vintiques have a major attitude problem in my repeated experience and I had a ten month nightmare with them (they had my money and I had no product) which ended up with me threatening to sic the Attorney General's Consumer Affairs Dept. on them - suddenly they could not have been more helpful:rolleyes:. I will not deal with them ever again, even if it means I have to find another solution because they are 'the only game in town'.

23. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

which is why I put quotes around "assumed". I agree it is not their fault but it is a crappy policy. I have bought/returned a lot of stuff from various shops due to non fitment. These old cars are not that easy for a non pro like myself to make sure I order the correct part 100% of the time.

I made this thread not to bash Wheel Vintique. I made it as a heads up about their return policy so someone else similar to me does not waste hard earned money on a part they can't use and will have to resell at a loss or spend extra $$$ to use.

I did not even think to use summit for the bullet caps. They have a great return policy.

24. To your credit I even had problems with Wheel Vintiques when we were dealers for them. Customer had his new wheel centers go to crap on a road trip. Got him some new wheels but his/our hassle could have been avoided.

25. I agree that is a shitty return policy. I could see if the part was used, but new in the box? Come on, businesses in this economy should realize that it's good customer service thats gonna keep 'em afloat when people are spending a lot more carefully. Wheel Vintique wont get my business.

26. -DMC-

-DMC-
    from Ohio

I could see a re-stock fee, but a no return policy is BS...

27. magsnubby

magsnubby
    from Fresno,Ca

Been ordering from Summit for years and have returned merchandise several times. There's a return voucher attached to every invoice. Tear it off, fill it out, tape it on the outside of the box and ship it back. Clean and simple.

Like others have stated, if you mount it you own it. But never mounted still in the box? Very bad publicity. I was looking for rims a while back and figured since i'm in Fresno i'll keep the money local. Then i stumbled across a thread on the HAMB. No sale for me. How many sales do you suppose they'll lose because of this thread?

28. rodnut1

rodnut1
    BANNED

About 3 years ago I ordered a set of four 16" Ford style steel wheels from them, powder coated. The wheels all had unacceptable radial runout. Horrible! They refused to replace, or even take them back for refund 'because you ordered them powder coated." They also spewed out some song-and-dance about how the run-out was "within their specs." I'd already mounted my new Excelsior bias ply tires to them when I discovered this. So I set up my 12" disc sander with a 36 grit disc and spent several hours slowly rotating the tires/wheels on the front spindle and 'trued up' all the tires, then had them balanced. It was a ridiculous amount of work, all because of their bullshit wheel builds. Never again will I deal with these a-holes.

29. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Bought a set of Wheel Vintiques 15" smoothies and 41 caps - trim rings from a local dealer up here.

The wheels are really nicely made, and everything fits well.

It is unreasonable to expect that any wheel companies products will fit on another companies or OEM wheels for that matter.

The mistake made here was not calling and asking if they would work.

If he had been told by a WV employee that they would work then the story would likely be different.

Or he would probably have been told it would not work.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010