Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Fuzzy Dice and other Add On's 50's-60's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wicarnut, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Of course, NO upstanding hot rodder would ever dare go without an STP sticker in his window! :rolleyes:

wicarnut likes this.
  2. Or, how about some color matching valve stem dice? :rolleyes:

IMG_0530.JPG

wicarnut likes this.
  3. LOL I was at the autoparts picking up some pieces when I was in high school and they were giving away STP stickers. I took one to stick on my tool box and they insisted that I take a dozen. I guess that they couldn't even give them away. :)

dana barlow, wicarnut and Montana1 like this.
  4. I have a vague memory of the fuzzy dice being a prize for knocking over the milk bottles with a baseball at the carnival.
    :cool: :confused: :eek: :(

ART 323436, deadbeat and wicarnut like this.
  5. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Highschool graduation tassle,yup,did that for nearly a year after graduation,but its Miami Fla. so a replacible live Chameleon{Lizard on a string was always good to freek out a girl. Depenning the girl,you let him go,or let her play with it.

wicarnut likes this.
  6. wicarnut

wicarnut

never had fuzzy dice, but until I met Mrs. beaner there was a pair of panties in the back of any car that I owned. When we bought our merc (two weeks to the day after our first date) me being the wise man that I am took the panties and threw them on the package shelf. She just smiled and when we were headed down the highway on our way to th hie swimming hole she just crawled over the seat and tossed them out. Quote
    Beaner, Your Panty story brought up a funny memory. When I was a young man, stopping after work w/ coworkers for one sometimes $hit happens. A henpecked apprentice that worked w/ me always wanted to come with, but his wife always said NO Way. BUT He would come with us anyway. So.... One of our group gets a pair of pantyhose (new) takes them out of package and put them in his truck glovebox during work hours, nobody said anything, OK about 2 weeks later, he comes in work Very Unhappy as now his wife is picking him up and dropping him off at work, needless to say that marriage did not last long. I have seen him all through the years and he has brought up the pantyhose story more than once laughing his butt off and asking if I was responsible. His words, she was a stone cold Fox, 9.5 on a 10 scale, But, NUTS ! It's been my experience, my second wife, 33 years in May, one of Better decisions in my life, that women definitely mark there territory, some funny stories that I'm not going to share today.

deadbeat likes this.
  7. 2935ford

2935ford

Had my HS tassel hanging from the mirror in my '66 Fairlane for years.
    Don't know where it went to now though!

wicarnut likes this.
  8. RODIST

RODIST

Strip the paint off the brass radiator tank...& polish it up brite, put on a new cap,...

remove the factory air cleaner & replace it with a 6" round chrome one ,with paper element, (that fit lousy,) !!

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

wicarnut likes this.
  9. metal chain on the rear view mirror made out of zip top tabs. When I bought my 51 Fleetline the guy had dimes glued into all of the door handles and dash knobs.

wicarnut likes this.
  10. jnaki

jnaki

Hey IR,
    Clay Smith's Cam Shop was about three blocks from my house in Long Beach and was a place we frequented. I should have put a sticker in my side windows of my 58 Impala . I had some woodpecker stickers on my HS Pee Chee folders, though. When I got a Racer Brown Cam, (a deal I could not pass up) I had to put a small decal in the rear window. On the side 1/4 windows were the rare, (then & today) yellow, oval, C&O hydro stickers.
    Jnaki
    No more A/Stock car class racing at Lions after those installs.
    ANY ONE HAVE A PHOTO OF A C&O YELLOW OVAL STICKER OR A RACER BROWN STICKER? THANKS...

OG lil E, wicarnut and i.rant like this.
  11. malcolm1943

malcolm1943

In the San Diego area in the late fifties, early sixties it was the hot item to have a beer tap handle on your shifter, didn't matter if it was floor or column. I went through three different over about a years time first an Olympia Beer, then a Lucky Lager and finally a Budwieser. I had a family friend that owned a bar and he would give them to me, always made a couple bucks selling them to other guys.

deadbeat and wicarnut like this.
  12. RDE

RDE

I had a '50 Ford beater while I was building my Model A, it had "Army Blanket Seat covers" and a set of Bongo Drums on the package shelf behind the back seat. My brother got the '50 Ford and I bought a '54 Buick Century two door hardtop, lowered all around with reversed chrome wheels and a '37 Roadmaster transmission (if you didn't have a floor shift.........well, you just didn't). I kept the Bongo Drums in the back window and drove to Tijuana and had the whole interior done, black tuck and roll nalgahide, black carpet (trunk too) and black headliner. Black lacquer dash and polished chrome. Purple lights in the headliner and under the dash. Tuck and roll was the rage in 1962. Never got the Buick out of primer and into paint..........Damn, it was a simpler life then.

deadbeat, OG lil E and wicarnut like this.
  13. Graystoke

Graystoke

14. jnaki

jnaki

Hey Sancho,
    Thanks for the Racer Brown Cam sticker photo. I am sure it was the only Racer Brown sticker (on our black 58 Impala) in Long Beach. There were a ton of other cam stickers, whether or not they had one in their cars. (that was a trend then)

Racer Brown was a writer (a good one), then opened up a camshaft business in L.A. Being a good writer and able to explain what the cam does for us, was the inspiration to install one of his new cams. The virtual unknown cam power came on about at the 1/2 way mark in the 1/4 mile and just flew by or extended the lead when racing. We were the lonely boys with an unknown cam company sticker in the rear window. Yes, we did get many inquiries.

Thank you,
    Jnaki

Now, does anyone have a small oval yellow original C&O STICK HYDRO sticker from 1960-61 era? Thank you in advance...

15. ShortyLaVen

ShortyLaVen

Can anyone from the Midwest tell me what the deal is with fuzzy dice hanging from the coat hooks in the back? I had never seen this until I moved here. It seems like every other car that comes through the shop here in Minnesota has fuzzy dice or any other type of mirror trinket, except hanging from the hook instead of the rear-view, dangling in the quarter window. I can't wrap my head around it. I don't recall ever seeing that growing up going to car shows in California.

wicarnut likes this.
  16. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

I believe if your gay you hang them on the Left side............................