Register now to get rid of these ads!

furious with hampton blowers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 65 impala, Mar 26, 2008.

1. 65 impala

65 impala

i cant believe this! i order a blower intake their are some issues fine don fixes it thats great so we agree that for my headache he throws in a v groove pulley value 69 bucks i get the blower intake back but no pulley???? so i email no response i call him he says fine he will send it out. i figure honest mistake kool. about a month later still no pulley so i mail him a few times no response then i call him. he has a hard time remembering our coverstaion.finally bingo he must have remembered he says im not f en sending u the pulley after some talking he says he doesnt wanna pay for the shipping. so i say fine i will pay i give him my credit card number once again. i finally get my pulley im a happy guy i later get my credit card statement it says he charged me 80 bucks so their was no free pulley it was 69 bucks plus shipping how nice of him to chrge me for the pulley. their is noway it would cost 80 bucks to ship to me im 20 hour drive away the pulley wieghs less than a pound. man am i ever pissed with this business deal. dont tell me your gonna do something if your not gonna do it man i guess im in canada so screw me ehh this would have never happened if i could have been their in person. well another learning lesson should have listen to everyone when they told me to go with bds i will sell the intake before i run it on my engine with his name on it

2. tjm73

tjm73

That's a scumbag move in my book.

Why not just grind his name off the blower and run it anyway. You have it. It's paid for. Why go through the hassle of selling it and then finding and buying another intake? A few minutes with a grinder and his name is not there anymore.

3. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

Call your credit card co.

4. Place a dispute with the credit card co. Tell them they had your card information in their files from a past order and used without permission. The parts where to be shipped free of charge and you have been charged.

5. jonny o

jonny o

1. Tell your card company the story.
    2. Place a couple periods somewhere in that story.
    3. Make the pieces yours! I have never met Mr. Fram, but damn... I love my oil filter!

6. Leave his name on it and tell every hot rodder at every car show the story of how you got ripped......

7. BrokeDick

BrokeDick
    from Idaho

Karma ? Didn't Hampton put a ad on Craigslist (LA) a few months ago asking for help in finding the person or persons whole stole his truck with a custom trailer with his custom car inside the trailer ?

8. 65 impala

65 impala

I will grind the name of the intake, dont wanna see it. Karma is right man thats what happens when you keep cutting corners, a little here a little there. Will never look at that guys stuff again its really not that nice anyway.Looked at bds should have went that way its really nice stuff

9. BrokeDick

BrokeDick
    from Idaho

10. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

the guy sounds like a real prick, i say that we all boycott his company and be sure to tell a few friends about "his way of business". there are tens of thousands of us and one of him, kinda makes me wish his car is parted out after what he pulled here.

11. maybe somebody he bent over before getting even............then again if he's that crooked,............well you know what Im thinkin..........but not doubt hit your card company up on this .....

12. 65 impala

65 impala

Dont wanna be a whiner but i figured you guys have the right to know, 80 BUCKS AINT GONNA KILL ME its the principle of things dont matter if its 5 cents or 5000 dollars. YOU DONT GIVE SOMEONE YOUR WORLD AND THEN NOT DO IT. AND DONNIE HAMPTON IF YOUR READING THIS YOU GOT MY # :mad:

13. ShakeyPuddin55

ShakeyPuddin55

I had his site book marked and thought of giving him a call in the future to help with a blower set up. I just deleted it. Thanks for the heads up.

14. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

i just sent him an email and thanked him in helping me make a decision as to a blower purchase......from BDS. i told him at least "i don't have to worry about them charging me for something thats supposed to be free"! Even though it was BS but still i think he needs to know that you just don't screw a guy and not have some repercussion from it.

15. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

Man I dont know Don personally, But I gotta say he was very helpful to me in the past locating an intake for my 471 and giving advice on the rest of my setup that I didnt even buy from him. Im sorry you had a bad expieience with him and I surely would be pissed too. maybe you caught him on a bad day or something I dont know but that does'nt sound like the same guy I've dealt with. Mike

16. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Like the others said above, dispute the sale with your credit card company. Let them go to work for you.

It kind of goes back to the old adage of a woman hollering rape - it isn't that she has to prove you did it, its that you have to prove you didn't. In this case, he'd have to prove what was said, and he can't. In essence, you'll get what he said he would send you for free - for free.

17. Yeah like you need more wheelie power.since ya got the koolest 55 in arizona.........maybe ya gotta be named John Force to get yer shit done :confused:

18. BigChief

BigChief

We've been dealing with Don for years with nothing but high marks for us on product quality and customer service. The parts aren't the cheapest in the industry but his advice and help along the way before and after the sale have been plentiful and sincere. ...and we're not exactly a high volume customer to say the least. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

BTW, when there are issues with ANY product from any company its always much better to alway promptly call directly on the phone rather than mail or E-mail and hope that it got through. If I waited for answers to issues, problems and questions I had for Holley, Demon, CompCams, etc I'd still be waiting, wondering and steaming.

-Bigchief.

19. tmacracin

tmacracin

If you guys need blower stuff give Jr a call @ RBS Superchargers(www.rbssuperchargers.com) You won't find a better guy to deal with
    in my opinion. I've been dinked around by BDS also so I wouldn't put them on the top of my list

20. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

Hang 'em High:d

21. RacerRick

RacerRick

I had a friend who got a hampton blower that was ancient and damaged and sent it in, and they did an excellent job, and had great customer service when we needed advice on how to set it up.

I guess you got him on an off day.

22. Don is a freaking legend really. He took forever to do my blower but it is really nice when it was done!!! I called him for almost two years straight about once a month and talked with him. I never once said hey where fart is my blower! I knew he would tell me to go to hell. Instead I got to talk to him about how he was feeling and how cold it was in his shop. How his Christmas went. One time he was busy because he had just got inducted inducted in the hall of fame. He is just a regular guy that KNOWS fricking blowers. I have complained in the past about how long it took but I was just being a biotch. It was absolutely worth the wait.

23. Terry

Terry

You waited 2 years to get your blower!!!! Holy crap

24. yeah - well I really didin't have the motor all together so it didn't REALLY matter - now if I was hopping to go I probably would have freaked out.

25. Wes Hampton

Wes Hampton
    from Downey, CA

I would like to take the time to clarify this unfortunate situation. First The issues with the Intake that our customer complains about had to do with an aftermarket distributor that was not normal when making a blower kit for his application. We modified a second intake free of charge, (BDS states on their own websites that they do noty do this). In receiving the old Intake the customer had rendered it useless for resale since he had made his own modifications to the first manifold. While he is, as he states, a 20 hour drive away his package had to go through customs and we were charged for the shipping and customs fees which we then charged to his credit card.
    To Recap:
    New Manifold - that aparantly works
    no charge for the old manifold- he modified it
    a pulley- brand new
    he got charged $80
    Yes I guess Hampton is an Asshole and is very unfair

BTW we still have the old manifold for proof and if your shit works thats not too bad of machine work from 1200 miles away with no block and just measurements

26. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Nice customer service there Dude,,, badmouth us and we will hunt you down and bad mouth you back!!

Not my fight, so I'll keep my other opinions to myself.

27. Weasel

Weasel

I really love those guys who want you to get involved in their innermost family life, tell you their woes, all their problems, their entire family's squabbles, medical history, and expect sympathy and understanding while they jerk you around etc. etc.

Listen buster - I just wanna buy the part/service - not marry you/your daughter/family dog.:confused:

28. Wes Hampton

Wes Hampton
    from Downey, CA

I'll be checking This site out and posting project pics.

As far as bad mouthing back its called defending my side of the story. We have a no bull shit policy here at Hampton Blowers and feel free to call us
    562-803-9484

30. abone1930

abone1930

I used the Blowershop and they were awesome.:D