Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Funny story - 20% oil left?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 01spirit750, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

My Brother in Law, now deceased, ruined a '63 Chevy Impala two door hardtop w/327 engine cause he thought you only needed to add oil when the red oil light came on.....true story.....
    DUHHHHHHH.........

2. outlaw256

outlaw256

hell my wifes car has them damm symbols for everything so i dont know what turns on what! i still have trouble just gettin the damn radio to the station i want.those symbols dont look nothing like you would think they should lol

3. outlaw256

outlaw256

man i must be a engineer, i didnt catch that at first.well i to tell the truth i didnt catch it at all until i saw the pic of the oil cap.lol and i build cars and choppers for a livin. anyone want me to build them a car, how about a bike lololol

4. The Internet

The Internet
    from Hudson, NH

I'm wondering when they will stop using a picture of an engine for the check engine light because it does not look like what is under the hood. :rolleyes:

5. weps

weps
    from auburn,IN

The girl at work who runs the floor sweeper was instructed to check the engine oil and the transmission fluid daily.Four days in a row it was low on trans fluid. She grabbed a quart from the storeroom and would leave.
    We were thinking, 'wow, she DOES pay attention', we should find and fix the trans leak.

service guy comes in and says there is something wrong with the sweeper, there is ATF in the radiator, and it does NOT have a trans cooler in it (radiator) could not figgure it out:confused:

We asked the girl to see 'where' she puts the ATF, and sure enough, right in the radiator......

Damn glad it doesn't use oil!:eek:

6. So the customer immediately checked himself?

7. takid455

takid455

Some Engineer support ere. As much as I would love to say engineer's are all smart, I cant. Lots of them are book smart and cant use their hands or have common sense. Pissed me off when I was in school and continues to do so in the field. I design with serviceability/ practicality in mind. Unfortuately, there ar emany instances where the 'powers that be' dictate what will happen and we are left make crappy thoughts work.

As for the field guys, regulation forbid engineers to help out and get dirty. I break the rule often b/c some guys in the plant are either dumb or lazy. No all , but some. For the most part, the regulatory agencies made it the way it is.

Funny car person story

My father runs a repair shop which I build cars out of on the side. Hence my comments above. Any way, this young fellow stop in with a POS car that STS said needed valves b/c they are making noise. Interesting. long story short, engine leaking everywhere and light comes on. kid drives are a few days until it makes noise. kid and idiot friend overfill crankcase in hopes to quiet engine. I tell kid engine needs a rebuild or find a used one. cost will be around $$$$. 'insert sob story'. takes car home and says dude down street can do it for $$ (less than I can find a used engine). I say OK and have fun. month later kid ask if I want car cause guy cant do it. At the end I think I responded saying, hope you learned a lesson about car care.

8. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

i used mess with different part guys,i had this 20 foot V belt off one of our blower systems that just looped back-n-forth,
    i would take it in part stores & ask for a replacement one,they would ask what it came off of i would tell em my 1929 Gramh gremlin the belt ran the water pump & rear wheels,i know it was mean- but FUN watching them grab their Gates books!
    the last time i saw that belt it was on the wall at Champion auto in Grand Island Nerb..

9. metalix_421

metalix_421

good laughs thanks guys

10. I got another one......

Customer brings in their car. It won't turn over.....about 80,000 on the clock.

check the dipstick....sludge.

Pull the oil pan plug.....nothing comes out.

Call the customer

" Ma'am when was the last time you changed your oil?"

Her response...

"what's wrong with what came from the factory?"

:eek:

11. b-body-bob

b-body-bob

Good thing the rad wasn't pressurized when she checked or she would've figured out the error of her ways pretty quickly.

12. weps

weps
    from auburn,IN

you are right! thank goodness she did her checks first thing in the morning when she showed up after it had set all night.

13. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I work with some cool engineers. Real rocket scientists. Gennie car guys.
    We have a 1320 club at work and have the highest ratio of members here.
    How to know when youre talkin to an extroverted engineer?
    He's lookin at your shoes when he talks.

14. I used to work in a parts store. Some people should really have to pass a test before we sold them anything, as they hardly know enough to start the car.
    This story reminds me of my sister. She bought a new Toy Auto 4x4 truck several years back and wanted my advice on changing oil. She thought the oil pressure gauge was an oil level gauge. She kept adding more and more oil until the seal blew out of the oil filter when she started it.Blew fresh oil all over the truck and the driveway. Funny, she never changed her own oil again after that.

15. Lucky3

Lucky3

That's funny as hell ! Good one....

16. But do you realize how much money she saved from no performing all those useless oil changes.:rolleyes::p;)

17. Had a woman come into the Dodge dealer I used to work at with a Jeep Cherokee she bought there used. She complained that the thing was stuck in 4 low and wouldn't shift the gearbox to any other range. We got it in and disassembled the center console to find about $3.00 + in pennies and other change jammed into and around the shift mechanism. We removed the coins and it worked fine. We wrote her up for 1 hour of shop time, about $115.00 (at the time) and tried to give her back the car. We told her what was wrong with it and why it was done so fast. She procedes to yell at the service manager that we were ripping her off. The service manager tells here this is considered abuse and not under warranty. He said he would gladly use the cupfull of change to pay a portion of her bill......She finally paid the ticket and left there pissed as hell!! We STILL talk about this all the time, to this day!

18. George

George

A guy who used to be my boss had heard that oil doesn't wear out, it just gets contaminated...so...he'd just change the filter every so often & throw in a qt.:eek:

19. tjmercury

tjmercury

I think the dipstick was driving the car

20. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I had an x that filled the engine up till it wouldnt take any more. By the time I got to the store, ( because the car would not start) it was running out of the exhaust... She was just a girlfriend, couldnt deal with the stupidity for long, she was really bad, there are more stories of her stupidity but that is for later...Jim