Register now to get rid of these ads!

Funding your addiction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dubie, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Coach529

Coach529

My wife and I build furniture, as well as some refinishing as a side gig.

Any custom orders got right to the "Henry" build fund.

[​IMG]

2. UncleDonnie

UncleDonnie

This is awesome!!! Being a long time Toolmaker and having done some wood patterns you rock. This is why I wanna play with lost wax casting, have a lot of fun and make a little money.

Don

3. Stude-sled

Stude-sled

I work at a body shop and when a deal becomes available on a totaled car I buy, fix and sell it on craiglist.

4. ehdave

ehdave

When i was a kid dad would fund his racing by buying, selling and wrecking out cars or anything else he could to make some cash. We never went without and dad still races now at 66 years old, still funding it the same way even though he's living comfortably.

Thats exactly how i've funded my builds, i'm out of work right now but we are still managing to make ends meet. Right now i'm prepping my O/T car for paint and a new second hand motor to get it ready for sale, most of the parts were already here in the shed and i've sold off spare parts to buy the other items that are needed.

Basically you dont make money sitting on your butt infront of the telly or the computer, shit i better go get to work :eek:

5. big creep

big creep

rich$$$$ girlfriend!

6. If you have the funds in the bank it would be a debit card wouldn't.

7. tlmartin84

tlmartin84
    from WV

Mine is a credit card, I use it for the rewards. 1% cash back....I pay everything with it. Cable, Internet, Cellphones, Car Insurance, Home Owners, Groceries, Gas, EVERYTHING.

But I pay the balance off each month, making certain I have the money in the bank. Usually nets me around 20 bucks a month to the good.

8. Awesome!!!!! I always wanted to get back into casting stuff. I did it in the 9th grade and loved it. 36 years later and want to try it again!!

\

9. 48reo

48reo

rust repair, welding, 4 link and airbag installs, plus 2 hours a day at another shop welding just for extra dough outside the regular 40 hour week.

10. ken bogren

ken bogren

I use a credit card for any larger purchase, and pay it in full every month.

I like the security of knowing I could protest a charge if there was a real problem (never have, but still like the idea).

Try calling the bank and asking them to cancel a cash purchase :)

Also we we use a rewards card and it adds up at the end of the year.