Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fun in the mud Aussie style......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by benflathead, May 6, 2012.

1. benflathead

benflathead

Rhighto Moose ya belatin on about nothing happening on here so I said we would do something about it for ya. Went out camping with me ol man a mate and his son and some other like minded idiots for some dirty fun in the mud.

Weeeeeell. Its was a farkan dark and stormy morning. Driving down with me ol man pete we were discussing how we would spend the day standing around the fire talkin crap as it would be too wet to do much else.

Unloaded the AJS & BSA and the T. All of em had spent the night outside on the truck and the trailer and had a few issues with em.

I then spent a couple of hours tinkering with the bikes to get em running. Water in both maggys. Was worth it though as when I got em running both me and Ben C had a ball on em. Next was the T. Towed it around the paddock a bit NOTHING doing! Pulled the radiator and dizzy off. Emtied about 20 litres of water out and dryed her. Reassembled it and away she went. Went out and had some fun. Bloody slippery early in the day and managed to spin out twice and go completely off the track at least once. Gave Pete, Ben C And Flames a go as well. Was really cool to watch the T belting around with open headers screaming and the driving grinning from ear to ear.

Fugen best weekend I have had in a long time big thanks to the Relics and the organisers and gunna bring a few more vehicles with me next year.

we unloaded and as it was still raining motorbikes and people stayed in the shed
    [​IMG]
    a few bloody idiots braved the rain to try and get a bike started, the T coupe and bsa and ajs motorbikes had spent the morning on the trailer being covered in rain so were taking a bit to start
    [​IMG]
    the rain was still pissing down so it was back under the shed
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yesterday 07:10 PM
    benflathead

by now a few more guys had arrived and people were getting itchy feet.
    one of the relics cars was the first out there, man, was this track slippery, coming up the hill through the s ben was killer, especially on a bike
    [​IMG]
    you had to be carefull that you didnt go over the edge and end up in a huge puddle or the dam
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the ajs getting a workout from a few riders, not bad for a 1927 model
    [​IMG]
    a few running repairs
    [​IMG]

2. benflathead

benflathead

it was decided that the relics car would be faster if it sounded louder, so the exhaust was cut off
    [​IMG]
    just an arty shot
    [​IMG]
    the rain had stopped for a while, so a few other guys got out there.
    [​IMG]
    the SS HUDSON was next out this thing was all over the track looking fantastic
    [​IMG]
    <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_QuickEdit", "507899", 'GroupMessage'); //--> </SCRIPT>[​IMG]
    Yesterday 07:11 PM
    benflathead

more from the SS HUDSON
    [​IMG]
    finally got the bsa started
    [​IMG]
    flathead takes off, those short rear gaurds are so cool
    [​IMG]
    young ben getting air on his motorised pushbike on the mx track
    [​IMG]
    its an english bike, apparantley this smoke is normal
    [​IMG]
    i think this smoke is normal
    [​IMG]
    maybe not this much smoke
    [​IMG]
    hmmmm, maybe not this much smoke
    [​IMG]
    the smoke finally cleared and it was time for some speedway action
    [​IMG]
    remember how i said those short rear gaurds are so cool, real hardcore chopperiffic, real jalopy journal, the stuff that cool blogs are made of

[​IMG]

3. benflathead

benflathead

ben getting more air, i think this was just before he went over the handlebars [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    by now a few cars had been out on the track and the T was finally running, after pulling the distributer off and removing about 3.5 litres of water, flathead was ready to go. i suggested that seeing as he was going out there, and it might only last for a while, that he should do something spectacular.
    well he didnt let me down
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. benflathead

benflathead

this nice relics coronet got out there and he wasnt shy in throwing it around
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the big block monaro was next
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    woops, forgot to latch the door
    [​IMG]
    i think the owner of this vehicle should be stripped of his rodder of the year title
    [​IMG]
    after a lot of kicking and screaming poita had a go
    [​IMG]
    nice and sedately, which won him the most consistent time trophy.
    on getting out the first thing he said was"this could become addictive"
    [​IMG]
    <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_QuickEdit", "507902", 'GroupMessage'); //--> </SCRIPT>[​IMG]
    Yesterday 07:14 PM
    benflathead

suggy getting loose as the track dries out a bit
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    flames scaring shit out of his son getting loose and racing for sheep stations in Benflatheads T
    [​IMG]
    young ben having a go, 3 laps somehow turning into 7 [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. benflathead

benflathead

the lineup of cars that got on the track
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the big motorized pushbike race
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    by mid afternoon the track had dried out and the lap times got a lot quicker, we even saw dust?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    <SCRIPT type=text/javascript> <!-- vBulletin.register_control("vB_QuickEdit", "507904", 'GroupMessage'); //--> </SCRIPT>[​IMG]
    Yesterday 07:15 PM
    benflathead

all packed up and ready for home
    [​IMG]
    a big thankyou for the relics for putting this event on and for inviting us, it was very well run and you blokes arent a bad bunch for a group of wierdo's
    hope to get invited back again(plans are already underway for new motorbikes and cars)
    [​IMG]

6. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

wow! looks like a fun time! gonna be a real P.I.T.A. to wash off all that mud once it dries!

7. Zerk

Zerk

GREAT PICS! Wish I'd been there to see the SS Hudson stretch her mooring lines.

8. benflathead

benflathead

Still cleaning the bloody mud off. The cleaner took me sign writing off the door as well.

9. ripper

ripper

Was a fun weekend, from an organiser's point of view it was fun too. we reckon if it ain't fun we ain't doing it. If its stressful or a burden, we're doing it wrong. Last night we all caught up at Relic Central and discussed a few things. We're going to have a go running it again...and already 12 months out we're praying for rain :)

I'll see if I can find a photo of the Relics motorised push bike, all had a 65cc limit, ours had a different motor. While everyone else had the strap on 65cc push bike motors from Japan, we strapped on a 64cc Stihl chainsaw motor. Nope it was slow but strewth for burnouts it was KING!!!

I'll see if I can also steel a picture of the track's water pump used to fill the water truck (we didn't need nor use it) but its a classic.

Hoping BenFlat posts up a pic of the concrete "table" in the shed's "lounge room"

10. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

great pix, looks like a ton of fun!

11. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

looks like a kickass time

12. moparmike

moparmike
    from Austin, Tx

That looks like a ton of fun.
    That Coronet makes me miss my 66.

13. The more I look at those pictures the more I wish I was there. I hope that doesn't mean I'm gettin to be as crazy as you are!:eek:

14. O'Doyle

O'Doyle

Great shots man.
    Gotta get em dirty from time to time.

15. ripper

ripper

Yep...twice weekly I was thinking hahaha

16. ripper

ripper

Motorised putt putt push bike engines come outa China, if the carby, head or exhaust don't fall off they're kinda ok. Race is a 65cc limit and we thought we'd be clever by using a big ol' Stihl chainsaw. Holding the rear there is Brendon from BFCustoms, he usually toys with wild Harleys, something new for him. In a race, this thing is drag material, fast off the line.short distance...not a lot of top end legs. Burnouts? Awesome...
    [​IMG]

Here's things just before the trouble began ;-)

See the concrete table? Any guesses?

[​IMG]

Its been in that speedway shed for many years, nohthing to do with us...strange sense of humour in the back lots :)

17. ripper

ripper

thought someone mighta guessed what the table is...

18. Where is this joint? Looks like the old Darkan speedway track.

19. benflathead

benflathead

Correct!

20. Brings back memories, we used to race bmx there when we were kids between the speedway races.

21. Morgue slab?
    Looks like you blokes were having too much fun in the mud!

22. ridgy didge

ridgy didge

[​IMG]

Thats tha money shot Flathead :cool: Luv this hotrod

23. BOP-Nut

BOP-Nut

AWESOME. Thanks for the great photos.

Now I'm even more psyched for the Jalopy Showdown next weekend!

24. Kinky6

Kinky6

Man, I just about busted a gut laughing over this one - the dude looks like he was the target of a cow-pie cannon! :D

[​IMG]

BTW, that T coupe is the coolest, love seeing that on the track! You guys are havin' too much fun down there.

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

25. clarthepio

clarthepio

This to me looks like the beginnings of something REALLY freakin awesome!!!!

Victoria have Chopped and WA have bugger all. I'd pay good dollars to camp the weekend and take my spinner out there. Just get some good rockabilly bands goin and people will come from all over!!!! WA even Australia needs a decent car show to the likes of Rust'n'Dust Jalopy in Germany and Hangar Rockin!!!!!

26. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

that looks like one hell of a good time.

27. Woogeroo

Woogeroo
    from USA

That looks like entirely too much fun.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

-W

28. motorgod7

motorgod7
    from chico,ca.

That looks so fun, the US could use something like this.