Register now to get rid of these ads!

Full Moon Rising

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Moonglow, Apr 12, 2006.

1. Moonglow

Moonglow

Hey Guys,

Here's another new face joining the H.A.M.B.!

Be gentle with me boys........although I'm pushing 50, this is my first time.

As my first introduction, I thought I would talk less about me and more about what we have in common, our love for the hobby. More specifically, I thought I'd summarize my project which I've named (for my own reasons) "Moonglow". So here goes nothin'.

I'm a long time rodding enthusist, but a first time rod builder. My project is a '29 Tudor Sedan, sliced and diced to serve as an extended cab pick-up of sorts without the bed. In place of the bed, will be a wing section/fuel tank from old '50s era aircraft. The rendering you see (by yours truly, thank you very much) is pretty close to where I'm headed.

I would describe my rod-to-be, as simply a garage built Hot Rod. Not as rough as a Rat Rod and not as massaged as a Street Rod. It will have no rust, but sure as @#%!& won't have an once of on it billet either.

I'm nearly done with the frame I'm fabricating from scratch (also, thank you very much) and getting ready to set up the front & rear suspension, which brings me to my first H.A.M.B. request for a life line, as follows:

What advice can you offer to build a juice drum brake system from new components and/or "vintage" stuff? Before you can respond, you'll need a little more specific info, as to what I'm after.

I'm running the orginal Model A straight axle and the original banjo rear end (converted to open drive).

Up front I'm using split wisbones, new '37-'41 style spindles and new buggy spring (all this new stuff had come so far from Posies). It will be set up old school suicide style with the tie rod out front and side steering. Most likely, for looks as much as anything, I'll be using friction shocks up front.

Out back, my updated (open) banjo will be suspended by a four link of sorts, comprized of a pair of Posies Elliptaslide springs on top with solid links below. Looks like conventional shocks, might be the way to go out back, since I'm not as concerned how they look.

On all four corners I'll be running original (or exact repros) 21" Model A wheels with skinny and tall bias ply rubber. Don't let my rendering fool you, I've changed this aspect since I finished it.

So let it rip fellas.........in a gentle sort of way.

2. Slide

Slide

Welcome!

...but what rendering? Sounds like an interesting project!

3. Moonglow

Moonglow

Thanks for the welcome Slide. The rendering is in my Avatar. I haven't figured out how to post photo files yet. Looks like they have to come from a web site, rather than copying them from your hard drive. I see no way to browse for the file. Am I missing something?

:confused:

Thanks again,
    Moonglow
    "I don't know about you.... but I sure feel a lot more like I do now, than when I got here."