Register now to get rid of these ads!

Full fendered "T"s thread... Official maybe?!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Mar 22, 2013.

1. desotot

desotot

I don't own this anymore but I drove it for 12 years.
    [​IMG]

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Fordnutz, is that your actual tub on the Car Craft cover, or did you clone that car? Either way I love it! I didn't put the two togther when I saw it before though...

Thanks guys, This is EXACTLY what I had in mind starting this thread!! Like I said in my opening statement, I do like fenderless cars and chopped and channeled stuff and T-buckets, But I have admit that every time I click onto a "T" thread and it starts with "I found a '27 coupe body, so naturally I'm going to chop 10" and channel it 6"..." I die a little inside.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I saw that depot hack the other day and I had two thoughts almost at the same time - this era has to be documented, 'cause I think it has been forgtten about, and, Damn, that looks like something Jimmy would dream up!!!

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Oh, and as far as the pickup goes... A discussion with Don Marks a couple of weeks ago revealed him as amazed that I knew about the Owl "T", and that between us we have more than enough stuff to build a replica... Now I'm betting he'll get to it first though...

5. Weasel

Weasel

This T coupe has that resto rod vibe going on - it spins my crank. Maybe because my first attempt at hot rodding was a 1925 sedan and then later a round tube framed 26T coupe. Had a 1915 Center Door too for a while. My claim to fame is that I may be only one of two people - the other being Tony Minotti - to have been stupid enough to make a glass T sedan, having pulled the mold off an original - hey I was young and stupid and nobody told me I couldn't so I did....;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

james reynolds likes this.
  6. chaddilac

chaddilac

McPhail's Old T coupe...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey Weasel,

You mean exactly like this one? scan0043.jpg scan0044.jpg

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  8. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Did you see the actual car the other day, or the pic? Either way, cool! At the time that photo was taken, it was owned (I believe) by Steve Kastl from the Twin Cities area. It was yanked by a 4-banger Chevy II. A good friend of mine wound up buying the car from him (circa '74 or '75) and owned it for a couple years. Very neat car.

I like this thread!

9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Nope, just digging through old magazines for inspiration. I do remember the car around the twin cities as a kid though. I think remember it at the '74 Nationals, or possibly stopping into one of my dad's shops as customer. The picture came from the '75 Rod Action annual, so the time is just about dead on for the picture to be from the first St.Paul nats...

10. Weasel

Weasel

Yep, that's Minotti's - mine had steel doors, steel hood, fenders - widened 2" at the rear and steel running boards and splash aprons. Pulled a mold over several weekends and then popped a body out - even molded the fenders but ended up not using them. All the metal parts were hand made by an old boy who restored model Ts. I have some photos somewhere of a skinny kid with long hair laminating the body in a single car lockup with no electricity. I itched for weeks after that episode and still to this day the smell of resin makes me want to scratch myself....;)

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I'd love to see the pictures if you can find and scan them! I remeber sitting in the back of some terminally boring class in high school reading that article trying to figure out how a mold would be made via bad scetches... Then getting busted for not paying attention!

12. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

T Sedan.jpg T Sedan 2 001 (2).jpg Loving this thread. Looking back I have had a very long love affair with the humble Model T.

Another car I was in love with roamed the streets up here in Alberta in the 80's. I don't know where it is now, I haven't seen it in years.

A full fendered 27 sedan, all black with a V6 and lots of charm and class.

IMO it just had the "look" and to this day I'd like to find it or build one for myself.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Dig! I'm one of the few on the board that will ever say it, but I did and do like the simple Auto-Drag Centerlines...

14. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yep, it was at the '74 Nats. I saw it too. I remember checking it out because my then-under-construction "T" had a similar power plant...

Here are a couple more: the B&W photo was a Canadian rodder one who was also staying at the campgounds during the '74 Nats. The other black tall "T" sedan was taken at a World of Wheels show around that same time, I think it was owned by MSRA member Bob Nelson from the Twin Cities.

Attached Files:

15. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Here's another full-fendered "T" taken at the '79 Nats. It was an MSRA car, judging by the sticker in the windshield but I have no clue who owned it.
    Those uncut roofs and fenders look fine to me too!

[​IMG]

16. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

From a '71 issue of SRQ... if you read the print on the second page it appears that Mr. Jones got himself a real bargain when he found the beginnings of this car!

Attached Files:

17. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another one from the '71 SRQ... looks quite similar to the roadster in post #11. Both cars have plenty of gennie "T" charm and character, with a strong undercurrent of pure badass. I love the way this thing sits. Check out the front axle!

Attached Files:

18. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ha Terry, ya beat me too it! The second one was on my list for scan and post this next week.

19. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

This one came to light from a thread I started on '29 Fenders on '27 T. I was fairly certain I wanted to build a roadster with this combination. But, when I saw this coupe, it really got me to reconsider. Chopped Deuce grille shell doesn't hurt either.

Good thing I have too many projects right now, so I don't have to choose.

Attached Files:

20. Weasel

Weasel

Here ya go. 18,000 mile original 1925 T Tudor - RHD and only one in the U.K. at the time. I had no clue what I was doing and had never done any fiberglassing before but had worked in a boatyard, and I had asked one of the old guys there for advice. It actually came out pretty nice and no one ever suspected it was 'glass. At the time of making the mold it was winter - really damp and chilly so I had to set the resin up really hot and had about 3-5 minutes max before the resin went off. I was slopping it out and laminating like a maniac. The mix was so hot that there was smoke coming off the top of the bucket and I think I wasted more resin than I used!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After making a mold, time to laminate the body....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn Weasel, that's cool!

22. fatkoop

fatkoop

I always been a fan of T's with fenders too. Somewhere back in my crusty ol brain, I remember a T with A fenders and I thought it looked better than with T fenders. Anybody remember this too?

23. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Growing up in the 70's, I saw a lot of T's with fenders. So I can really appreciate that style. If I ever found a nice complete set of sheetmetal, I'd probably build either my '26 coupe or '27 roadster full fendered.

24. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Yep, look at post #54... Total performance did a pro street roadster kit in the eighties with "A" fenders, too.

25. That phone booth pickup is too cool! I dig this depot hack...has a Ford (Kent) 4-banger;

Attached Files: