Register now to get rid of these ads!

Full fendered "T"s thread... Official maybe?!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Mar 22, 2013.

1. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Heres my article on the T tub, not much info here, hopefully Chip can come up with something better. These will blow up big if you click on them a couple times.

Attached Files:

2. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Car Craft '64

Attached Files:

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Heres one from my area, Victoria BC. I have a full article on this car somewhere, I will dig it up and post it.

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I forgot about this one, Car Craft Showtime USA '61. This car MUST have gotten more ink, I'm sure theres gotta be a full feature on it somewhere. Anyone know more? VERY cool.

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

5. I was hoping that this thread might turn up a picture of a full-fendered 26-27 Chevy coupe I saw in a magazine when I was a tike, probably 8-10 years old, in the early 70's, but the magazine could have been from the 60's, my dad saved a lot of them. It might have had late T or 28-29 A fenders, or the originals, I didn't know the differences back then, I knew they curved over the front of the front wheels, it had reverse offset Astro Supremes, blackwalls and lowered with just a very slight rake... I think the pics were black and white, so my memory wants to say the car was black.... anybody else remember the car? What magazine?

4/26/13 UPDATE: FOUND IT!!! Guy on my Street Freak FB page posted the August '69 Rod & Custom...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  6. fadt

fadt
    from England

Thank you very much This means a lot to me, as I spent 40 years with my Buddie before his passing, just playing around with and building rods.

If you could let me know the magazine title and the date I will try and find a copy on the Bay.

Can thank you both for all your help. Chip if you can scan the feature (I am in no rush the Tourer has been sitting for 16 years so another few weeks/months wont be a problem), that would be brilliant.
    Best regards
    Gerry & my old buddies 2 sons

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey Gerry,

Sorry it took so long to get this going... The described events above have been the tip of the ice berg 'round these parts.

This has been my favorite version of this car as I have always been a "closet" admirer of Cragar S/S mags on the right car. Oh, IDAs too!

Attached Files:

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

SAM_1707.jpg SAM_1706.jpg Remember what I said about this car being one of about 6 cars that I manage to photogtaph at LARS every year... Here is last years!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  9. chriseakin

chriseakin

10. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Here's a REAL contribution to this thread. No dune buggy.

Always dug Tognotti's HEAP T. Funny thing is, it breaks most of my "rules" for a cool car.

Attached Files:

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

^^I'd sure like to have that MPC kit. SWEET!

12. Mike

Mike

A while ago, I picked up a Revell kit of Little John Buttera's T Tudor with the intent of building a model of my silly gold car shown in my avatar. Little John's car was red, as was the completed model pictured on the box. When I got home and opened the box, I found that my kit was moulded in a gold color almost identical to my car. It was meant to be.

I still haven't built the kit, but has been sitting mocked-up (or as we in Phoenix say, "Chipped-up" :) ) on my living room table since I brought it home.

13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I need the cowl/windshield from one of those kits for a little 1/25 scale "test run". Right Chip??;):D

14. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

We do!

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Nah, the funny part on that was hearing a conversation between two younger guys that I didn't know at LARS a couple of years ago and one of them mentioned having something "Chipped Up" at home.... Musta been just about the time El Polacko started the term.

16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I remember a few decades back mentioning in a group of guys that a car we were looking at had "a body like a sack of hockey pucks". Couple of years later at a local cruise night, I overheard someone say the same thing to a buddy of his, kinda made me smile to myself.

17. From Andys' picnic..

Attached Files:

Bigcheese327 likes this.
  18. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

^^Wow, thats really nice. Judging by the spring in front and V-8 60 axle, thats probably a car that was built back then? Do you know any history on it?

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I'll have to dig it up, but I believe the full story of that car is in one of the first Hot Rod Deluxe issues, or perhaps Kar Kulture Deluxe from about 7 or 8 years ago. I remember the '37 tube axle and bulldog type perch.

20. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

If you find the article, maybe post it. Thats a sweetheart.

21. Dale Krutz had a similar car in the 50's here in Redondo Beach. But it had a flattie and standard dropped axle setup.

Attached Files:

22. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

scan0016.jpg scan0017.jpg Issue number 2 of Rod&Kulture from about ten years or so ago. I'm about 87.5% sure this is the beginings of the little red rpu shown earlier. Even if it's not it's still flat bitchin'!

23. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Sure looks like it.

24. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Did someone just call Chip a "sweetheart"?
    woah

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Who, me? Even the incredible miss Judy addresses me by "Hey asshole"! Ya gotta pull the "L" off the back of that word and substitute an "R" to get the full effect of her accent though (no "L"s in China)... Just wasn't willing to put that in print here...

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Found another article on that tub out of Texas while I was digging this morning. Not Often I forget an article... scan0024.jpg scan0025.jpg

27. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Twin tube front end. This has been tried on and off, shortly after the first solid axle front end was produced.

28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

And damn near always a camber changing, bump steering mess of biblical proportions...

verde742 likes this.
  29. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Damn I'm always amazed at what I find when I'm not looking! Remember that cool little blue coupe we were trying to remember where it it was featured a couple weeks ago? Pretty sure this is it! scan0029.jpg scan0026.jpg scan0028.jpg

30. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Chip sweety:D, check posts #243, #248 and #254. Not the same car, the blue one is chevy powered, the car craft article is on post #254.
    My wife calls me "sir", and NOT in a nice way...