Register now to get rid of these ads!

"Fugly" First Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodHon, Jan 16, 2005.

1. Any progress on this one?

2. 60's style, that's the funniest thing I have ever seen....OMG :crazy:

3. GomezGarage

GomezGarage

You are sooo tuff.

4. Yes, I would also like to know if anything came of this deal. Craig, can ya fill us in?-MIKE:confused: :)

5. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

*bump*
    yeah, I wanna know too...

6. GENERATORSHOVEL

GENERATORSHOVEL

Wow, Fugly that is an original, never heard it before, your buddy Franky got a F,n copyright on it? I'm sorry, it must be a rockabilly thing. That shit is weak. Why would you even post it? Are you and Franky really that kool? If you were that kool, it wouldn't matter. Franky is probably alright cause he ain't suckin in air and blowin smoke on a car name that doesn't matter and has been used countless time before. It did make me laugh, but if you are serious, man I am really laughing. Thanks for humoring me, It's nice to know that I don't actually have to travel to the east coast to find stupid people, they will let me know that they are already there.

7. oldskool55

oldskool55
    from socal

i think he was offened because his friends car was called fugly

8. Shoprag

Shoprag

why u waiting for so long to come down and pic it up, if u don't mind me askin?
    if u need some help let me know i have access to a trailer. shit that would give me a reason to shoot up and see my buddy Julio.

9. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

wow way to take 5 mos to comment on somehting i said cool. im rockasilly ??really thats news to me. last time i checked that meant huge greasy hair and no car. nope def not me. and you can call my car any of the cars in my club or frankies chopped 51 merc that he built in his driveway and drives everyday ugly all you want cuz you know wat we built em that way. and we didnt write a check

this car hasnt come anywhere probably cuz the owner ran out of money to pay his builder. cool.

10. donovandagger

donovandagger

wow.... still tuff

11. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

draggin it to the top again...

whatever happened with this beast?

12. UnIOnViLLEHauNT

UnIOnViLLEHauNT

Hmm...Not to interject history here in an argument (or whatever it is) but...Fugly I believe was first a 40 Hudson 4 dr. All of his cars are called that I believe. I call my cars fugly all the time too...old saying man...its like putting a trademark on a phrase...no can do. Hope I dont get "rumbled" lol...just kiddin Bill. ;)

13. haring

haring

Don't worry too much about SlowandLow ... I believe he drives a 4-door.

Talk about "fugly"...! ;)

14. glassguy

glassguy

shit!!! when this popped up, i thought maybe the car was done..

15. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

yeah, i'm hoping to at least see/hear of some progress on this beast...

next im gonna look for that full custom 58 impala that was on here quite awhile back...

16. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just a side note, not realy on topic. H.B. Halicki the maker of the movie was killed during a stunt for the third movie. The second was called 'The Junkman' Not real sure about the accident but something stupid happened and a water tower fell one of the guide wires whiped around and cut down a power pole that fell on him, when you gotta go, you gotta go I guess!.

17. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I love how a year old arguement that died gets brought back up as soon as the thread gets bumped.

So really how's the car coming? It's good to see old stuff revived again

18. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

Sorry I haven't been keeping you folks a little better updated. I've been off the HAMB for awhile. I had a back surgery that didn't go as well as it could have, and things just kept getting in the way of my car life. The tattooing is doing pretty good and was taking up all my time getting it going. Hadn't pulled a wrench in almost a year. Now that ink slinging has stabilized, I've purposely booked some time for the rides. There is a priority list though and I’m working my way down it.

First: The 57 Delivery I bought from Penny. Tranny blew. Got it running for the Greedy Guys show last month. Now it’s got a shiny new 700R and getting me to work every day.

Second: FuelPumps old 37. Some of you old HAMBones will remember the thread from a long time ago about the dangers of water not compressing. The new crate motor is had been in and not hooked up for over a year. It is now fully together and made her first purring last night. Just got a few thing left to clean up and it will be getting me to and from work for awhile.
    And don’t worry Fab32, I’ll pull the cam out of the old motor and have it measured. That was probably the best sounding cam I’ve ever had. I want to know what it was and will put it into everything I build from now on.

Third: The 48 that some of us chopped with Gene Winfield at Paso last September. It’s still sitting on the back of the flatbed waiting her turn. I need to at least get the top finished and primed.

Then comes fugly. Last but not least, or at least last.

She’s still in Bakersfield. Tommy H proved he is a true friend by storing it for me for the last year and a half. A donor car has been purchased (85 T bird) for the engine, trans, radiator, and whatever else Tommy wants to put in. He’ll get her movable then she’ll come home. I’ll post plenty of pictures when that happens.

That’s it for now. Sorry to ramble on. Almost feels like a second intro.

Craig

Attached Files:

19. ka-zoo

ka-zoo

No problem Craig, Youve got some bitchin toys there, just was curious as to what ever happened to "fugly".
    I love that 57, i remember the custom rodder where Bill Hines did the graphics (with Weesner and Watson, if i recall correctly). great car...
    still cant wait to see what happens to the merc, but I'm patient.

20. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good luck with the project. I was going through my old mags the other night and I was wondering what ever happened to the Merc. Looking forward to seeing it when its done.

Happy Trails,

Mick

21. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

Oh shit man, I had no idea you bought that 57 sedan delivery. I LOVE that car, and I have the article scanned into my computer from when it was covered. One of the finest real 57 Chevy kustoms I've seen. Good luck getting that car and the others going