Register now to get rid of these ads!

fuel tank repair

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by last g-man, Jun 7, 2009.

1. last g-man

last g-man

..........who does tank repair/sealing in the Houston/Galveston area?

thnx, Ed

2. Side

Side
    from Berlin, OK

I have heard that the radiator shop on the North West side of 610 off McCarty does.

3. Side

Side
    from Berlin, OK

I might need to be more clear about that. On the east side of Houston there is a radiator shop that I know will hot tank and am sure repair your gas tank. They speak very little english but I am sure they can get the job done. If you are heading south on 610 and exit McCarty they are on your right side before you get to the light.

4. last g-man

last g-man

thnx for the heads up. used to be easy to find radiator shops...ha. I'll see if i can find the place.....assuming you used to live in TX and or have used these guys?

thnx again, Ed

5. aldixie

aldixie

Dons radiator on Spencer heading towards La Porte does them. I think its the junction at Underwood.

6. A good quick repair is a Putty called "QuickSteel" by "Blue Magic" and is found at Marinas, Checkers, Autozone... it's used to seal fuel tanks with fuel in them from leaking!

Mostly used where the tanks cannot be removed without destroying the vessel and where metal repairs wouldn't be feasible!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  7. Side

Side
    from Berlin, OK

I used to live in Corpus Christi and worked in Houston until July last year. I had some work done at that shop maybe 5 years ago and saw them working on gas tanks also. The rising insurance rates and property taxes made me move. I really do miss the third coast though. I don't miss my tools rusting.