Register now to get rid of these ads!

fuel tank help!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mixedupamx, Mar 25, 2012.

1. mixedupamx

mixedupamx

any HAMBers out there use a plastic built in style, boat fuel tank in their car? I need a new tank for my wifes nash metro project, to replace the rusty,varnished,S T I N K Y!!!!! original. I've seen remaned replacements avalible through met parts suppliers but they are $475.00 plus exchange of a rebuildable tank and mine is definatly not rebuidable so thats another $200.00 core fee! :eek: a little too rich for my blood! I've spotted a poly built in style boat tank that is the right size and has the inlet in the right spot to work in the original location. it also comes with a float/sender for a fuel gauge. anyone ever use one long term and how did it work out?

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  2. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

I don't know about the Poly tanks used in boats, but I have poly tank that was made by a company named "Tanks" in my 47 ford and I have had no problems at all.

3. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

try metropolitan-restoration-service.com . offer tanks for $215 and should have proper sender to sell with it too

4. we put one in a '41 dodge power wagon under the bed, it worked fine. what are the dimensions? jeep cj fuel tanks are pretty small. a local napa should have tank book that will show sizes.