Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fuel Pump without a vacuum pump for a 1956 olds 324?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Window Licker, May 19, 2009.

1. Window Licker

Window Licker

where can i find a fuel pump with out a vacuum pump, if they even are out there? where can i find a bowl for the stock pump?

2. joewit

joewit
    from Delaware

Fusick has the bowl for $23.50. www.fusick.com , I've also seen them on ebay from time to time.

3. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

Mid '50s G.M. medium duty trucks used both Olds and Buick V8s, and often had fuel pumps without the vacuum pump.

4. Window Licker

Window Licker

thanks, that helps

5. Window Licker

Window Licker

the mid 50's gmc pump is not a replacement fuel pump though, im looking of a new fuel pump and none of the local parts dealers can get one. anyone know of where i could get the whole pump

6. Take a look at other pumps made for GM cars.

You may be able to do a mix and match with a common Chevy pump diaphragm onto your Olds pump body.

Seems like that was a common trick in years past, graft a Chevy mechanical high performance pump onto other pumps.
    In that case, I believe both pumps were made by Carter and it was a simple bolt-together deal.